USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63)

Blog Entries
    Nice! Deck formations and night lighting looks good.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    Yes, but first I will include them in the second ship of its class Uss Kennedy
    Great, looking forward to the CVN-78 update, and to the Kennedy, don't believe anyone's done CV-67 before.

Uss constellation

USS CONSTELLATION pending the animation and change some textures

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails con1.jpg   con2.jpg   con3.jpg   con4.jpg  

Great work ! Can't wait to try them out !

Looking forward to seeing CV-67, don't think ?, anyone's done that boat before.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Looking forward to seeing CV-67, don't think ?, anyone's done that boat before.
    yes, after finishing the project I had already scheduled, the yorktown class

Yorktown Class

Which Yorktown class do you intend to do? Angle-deck Essex carriers or WWII Enterprise/Hornet/Yorktown class carriers?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Which Yorktown class do you intend to do? Angle-deck Essex carriers or WWII Enterprise/Hornet/Yorktown class carriers?

The WWII class carriers i not sure if i do all carriers in the class or only one,

Uss Constellation night textures

Checking the night textures in the ship

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lights.jpg  

Almost done with the texture for the air wing to use in the USS CONSTELLATION

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c1.jpg   c2.jpg   c3.jpg   c4.jpg  

All test done

I finished with the test in PREPARD3D and FSX at this point the changes for FSX are done, the differences are only one elevator can be use to go to hangar deck, in FSX version, yesterday i add a wire trap gauge, only to know the number of the cable trapped in the landing and made some changes in the night textures, now i start with the install instruction for the pack

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WIRE2.jpg   n1.jpg   wire.jpg   fsx.jpg   constenight.jpg  

Looking forward to this, thanks Walter, CV63, 64, & 66 in the pack for FSX and P3D v4, then a Essex class carrier, JFK CV-67, update to CVN-78 after ?, your gonna be busy, again thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Looking forward to this, thanks Walter, CV63, 64, & 66 in the pack for FSX and P3D v4, then a Essex class carrier, JFK CV-67, update to CVN-78 after ?, your gonna be busy, again thank you.
    the plans at the moment are, ENTERPRISE cv-6, John F. Kennedy cvn-79 and the update of cvn-78, although I'm still not sure if CV-6 or CVN-79 will work first, or projects in parallel maybe

Blog Entries
    Hi - looking good.

Am wondering why in the last round of night shots, the light neither illuminate the static aircraft, nor those in turn cast a shadow under said light.

Again, just curious - otherwise, it's coming along nicely.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hi - looking good.

Am wondering why in the last round of night shots, the light neither illuminate the static aircraft, nor those in turn cast a shadow under said light.

Again, just curious - otherwise, it's coming along nicely.

dl
    the pic is from FSX, in another angle the light illuminates the aircraft better, but not with the same quality as in P3D

ut not with the same quality as in P3D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsxn.jpg  

My dad served on the Roosevelt in '57/'58... Would love to see that boat

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    My dad served on the Roosevelt in '57/'58... Would love to see that boat
    after finishing the models that I have already programmed, i see the Midway class, thanks for the idea !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    the plans at the moment are, ENTERPRISE cv-6, John F. Kennedy cvn-79 and the update of cvn-78, although I'm still not sure if CV-6 or CVN-79 will work first, or projects in parallel maybe
    Do you mean John F. Kennedy CV-67 ??, CVN-78 & 79 and the new Enterprise CVN-80 is basically the same Ford class ships, would think just the hull #'s would be different for those.

Released

After several months and a lot of help from the forum members who have collaborated with me through photos and information about the aircraft carriers, they are finished, I really appreciate this help since it allows me to detail the models to the real ones, the package contains an installer for FSX and P3D, the main difference of FSX being the night lighting that is less detailed and that only 1 elevator can be used to descend to the hangar deck(Number 4), in FSX it was presented in a few cases that the platform of the elevator is crossed by the aircraft and falls into the sea, but I preferred to leave the possibility of using the hangar deck to eliminate it completely in the FSX version, since this fault does not occur in all cases, these include the following animations

This package presents the tree models of the class, in different periods of time and AIR WING on deck

-USS KITTY HAWK 1979

-USS AMERICA 1970

-USS CONSTELLATION 2003

ANIMATIONS

ELEVATOR N.1 **
    ELEVATOR N.2 **
    ELEVATOR N.3 **
    ELEVATOR N.4 **
    ELEVATOR DOOR N.1 *
    ELEVATOR DOOR N.2 *
    ELEVATOR DOOR N.3 *
    ELEVATOR DOOR N.4 *
    LSO OFFICER *
    ANTENNAS *
    TERRIER MISSILE ***
    HANGAR DOOR N.1 AND N.2 *

CASTLE CARRIER NUMBER LIGHTS *
    HULL LIGHTS *
    DECK LIGHT (WHITE and BLUE) *
    PARKING AREA LIGHTS *
    RABBIT LIGHTS *
    POSITIONING LIGHTS *
    REFLECTOR LIGHTS IN THE CASTLE *
    AIR WING DECK ***
    CREW
    RADARS
    FLAGS

* Controled by the user.
    **For the FSX version only the Elevator N.4 is functional.
    *** Only available in the USS AMERICA

The package includes a custom gauge for FSX and P3D simulators and at the last moment i added a AoA and trap cable gauge.

The models have been publised in simmarket

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kitty.jpg   constelation.jpg   america.jpg  

Fiinal Comments

All positive. Absolutely fantastic job. Thank you for all your efforts and honored to cooperate in completion in this quality.

Agree! Walter, this is truly fantastic - and my sim is FSX. I can only imagine what P3DV4 looks like.
    One question - perhaps it is me, but there does not seem to be any difference between the "Landing" deck layout and the "Takeoff C" deck layout - on America. Haven't yet tried Connie or Kitty Hawk.

Great work, and many thanks.
    Deke

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    Agree! Walter, this is truly fantastic - and my sim is FSX. I can only imagine what P3DV4 looks like.
    One question - perhaps it is me, but there does not seem to be any difference between the "Landing" deck layout and the "Takeoff C" deck layout - on America. Haven't yet tried Connie or Kitty Hawk.

Great work, and many thanks.
    Deke
    hi thanks for the support, this is the config in deck

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.jpg   c.jpg   e.jpg  

Right, still very positive on this - very nicely done. Even from your screenshots, the "Landing" config and the "Takeoff C" config appear to be the same configuration. If that was intended, that's fine, just drawing it to your attention if it was not.

Also, i noted the absence of A-6's from VA-165 - were they supposed to be included?

Again, Walter - this is truly a superb effort and thanks again.

Cheers, Deke

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    Right, still very positive on this - very nicely done. Even from your screenshots, the "Landing" config and the "Takeoff C" config appear to be the same configuration. If that was intended, that's fine, just drawing it to your attention if it was not.

Also, i noted the absence of A-6's from VA-165 - were they supposed to be included?

Again, Walter - this is truly a superb effort and thanks again.

Cheers, Deke

hi, i remove the INTRUDER at the last minute and add more fighters, in the next project that has squads with intruder I will include it

Members who have read this thread: 3