NASCAR qualifying process

Thread: NASCAR qualifying process

NASCAR qualifying process

So, I see that NASCAR has abandoned the group qualifying system and returned to single car qualifying. Back to the old system! What next, dump the playoff scam scheme and go back to a season long points system that places emphasis on weekly performance rather than luck?

Group qualifying was an interesting idea. The concept of racing your way in and give fans a reason to sit through or watch qualifying was good, but it ended up being a sad joke.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Glad they changed it back to the original process for qualifying. Don't tell me they might be listening to the drivers now,lol

That's just it, the drivers were dissatisfied with group qualifying and I can understand why. You have a good run going and you run up on a car that just finished, is slowing, but still on the track. You might have to let up so you don't hit them and even if you don't slow up, the air you are passing through might be turbulent and upset your car. I get it from the driver's perspective. Then there was the waiting, no one wanted to be the first car on the track, you wanted to be near the end so there would be even more rubber on the track. It was an interesting concept and, I guess with Brian France no longer at the helm, Jim France is listening and looking to make NASCAR a popular motor racing sport once again.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0