DHC-2 Beaver out of Abbotsford - Video

Thread: DHC-2 Beaver out of Abbotsford - Video

DHC-2 Beaver out of Abbotsford - Video

A little flight up to Harrison Hot Springs in the MilViz Beaver:

Hope you enjoy!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

That's my home turf!
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    That's my home turf!
    Cool! I lived in Clearbrook when I was a kid back in the early '70s.

I have never really gone back to these places - even when I lived in Vancouver for a while in the '90s. I wonder how much its changed....

I certainly remember the Abbotsford Airshow though - I saw one of the Snowbirds have a landing gear failure and skid down the runway on its belly one year!
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce66 View Post
    I wonder how much its changed....
    I doubt you would recognize the place. In the 14 years I have been here the population has nearly doubled and the building work hugely expanded. Traffic! Don't get me started
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thanks!

I enjoyed the video very much as I am from Bellingham WA just across the border. BC is a big part of my low and slow flying. If you are not familiar with Return To Misty Moorings (RTMM) check it out the they have lots of scenery of places to fly in BC and SE Alaska,; including, cabins, geological survey sites, resorts fishing camps etc. Great fun and lots of goodies. http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/

Thanks again for a fun 40 minutes!

JPMouse

Quote Originally Posted by jpmouse View Post
    I enjoyed the video very much as I am from Bellingham WA just across the border. BC is a big part of my low and slow flying. If you are not familiar with Return To Misty Moorings (RTMM) check it out the they have lots of scenery of places to fly in BC and SE Alaska,; including, cabins, geological survey sites, resorts fishing camps etc. Great fun and lots of goodies. http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/

Thanks again for a fun 40 minutes!

JPMouse
    Thanks for the comments! I lived a total of 11 years in that area between Clearbrook, when I was a kid, and Vancouver, as an adult. I loved the area and spent ALL my time outdoors - working, playing and riding my motorcycle (except weekend evenings in the pub)! Now I like to re-explore the same areas in the simulator...still lots of adventures left.....

Thanks for the Misty Moorings link - I have heard about it but, as with so many things, I had forgotten and need to vist it again. I do have some things downloaded from there but I seem to get distracted....wandered off into astral navigation for a while (need to do more of that as well!).

Anyway, glad to entertain!
    The Sky is the Limit

Members who have read this thread: 0