Many Missing Buildings - Suggestions Needed

Thread: Many Missing Buildings - Suggestions Needed

Many Missing Buildings - Suggestions Needed

Hi there folks!

I have recently discovered that I am missing some buildings in my FSX-SE install - see here for original thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/115181-Piper-Comanche-%96-Red-Deer-to-Springbank-Video?p=1183399&posted=1#post1183399

The location I noticed it was Springbank Airport in the ORBX NA Northern Rockies scenery

All the buildings but the tower are missing in my install. So I tried the Global Airports and it is the same - no buildings. I have done a re-install of the ORBX products but the problem remains.

When I look at Springbank in stock FSX-SE it looks normal compared to a friends install so at first I thought it must be ORBX but now I am not so sure.

I am thinking about doing a 'Verify Install' in Steam but I am concerned this will damage some or many of my addons - scenery and/or aircraft.

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated.
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Blog Entries
    Hi,
    I think it is an Orbx issue, if you have reinstalled your sim at some point you will need to do a full reinstall of your Orbx products.

Hope that helps,
    Ian

Just did another full verify and re-install of ALL ORBX products and the buildings at Springbank are still missing.

I dont know enough airports well enough to know if there are buildings missing elswhere but I have not noticed any lack of buildings.

This is still NA Northern Rockies I am looking at.
    The Sky is the Limit

What are your settings in the sim regarding scenery ?
    Airport buildings are linked to the scenery complexity slider.
    It could also be that you need to update or reinstall the Orbx Libraries.

Settings are all maxed out. Like I say, other airports seem to have all the buildings - it may be just one or two types that are missing or just the Springbank airport for some reason....

Just updated the ORBX libraries.

Also just noticed that my fsx.cfg still sees my display adapter as my old video card. As soon as the next scan of my computer is done I will try removing the fsx.cfg and starting the sim again - who knows....

Edit: Tried deleting the fsx.cfg to build a new one but the buildings are still missing. Must be the textures have got deleted somehow.

I am very reluctant to verify the files with Steam - has anyone done that? Does it mess up all the addons?
    Last edited by Bruce66; May 3rd, 2019 at 03:13.
    The Sky is the Limit

Have you done your reinstall / update with FTX Central 3? I have had problems with missing buildings in the past. The problem was solved by FTX Central. Just another idea to try. Be sure to contact ORBX for help with the issue.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I have posted a support request at ORBX.

I am not convinced it is an ORBX issue but we shall see......

Edit: Problem solved. I did not realise that the Libraries are not activated when you install a new region. Turned them on and all is well!
    Last edited by Bruce66; May 3rd, 2019 at 10:15.
    The Sky is the Limit

Members who have read this thread: 0