Need help from the cfg gurus

Thread: Need help from the cfg gurus

Need help from the cfg gurus

Good evening all,

I'm hoping that I can pick the brains of the cfg gurus with some of the questions I have.

1) I want to add another simobject folder for my AI, where abouts in the cfg do I add the entry to the sim can see that folder?

2) I would like to hide the red text for the park break etc for videos, can these be hidden?

3) Currently my AI are only visible for around 4 miles before they disappear from my view when I'm in the cockpit (not the sim itself). Is it possible to increase that distance?

kind regards
    Dale

1. You can add/modify the simobjects folder paths in your .\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Simobjects.cfg file. This is how I added my AI aircraft folder:

//ADD ONS ================================================== =====
    [Entry.10]
    Title=AI Aircraft
    Path=D:\Airplanes_AI
    Required=False
    Active=True

2. To enable/disable park brake etc. texts modify these lines in the Prepar3D.cfg file [Display] section:
    InfoBrakesEnable=False
    InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
    InfoPauseEnable=True
    InfoSlewEnable=True
    InfoStallEnable=False
    InfoOverspeedEnable=False
    InfoWeaponSystemEnable=False
    InfoCountermeasureEnable=False
    InfoUpperRightTextEnable=True

3. In the FSX.cfg I used this tweak to enhance visibility of objects in the distance : [Graphics] SmallPartRejectRadius=1.
    It looks like you cannot tweak the visibility any further in P3D because the P3D default is SmallPartRejectRadius=1 already.
    From the P3Dv4.5 SDK: SmallPartRejectRadius=N (default is 1) determines the radius in pixels that an object has to be in order to be rendered. Increasing this size will cull more objects from the rendering pipeline.

Henk.

1. You can also add just about anything via the xml method. This includes add-on scenery, AI aircraft/boats and flyable aircraft.
    I don't install anything into the sim anymore, which makes doing a reinstall or update easier and I don't have to reinstall add-ons.

2. You don't need to do this in the cfg anymore with P3D. It is all under Options/Information. You can do this while in sim.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Members who have read this thread: 0