Rob's Shorts 360 now released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Shorts 360 now released!

Understand double work but

I regret that I have no P3DV4 hanger on my computer so I will not be adding this aircraft as I know many other FSX'ers will be sad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I regret that I have no P3DV4 hanger on my computer so I will not be adding this aircraft as I know many other FSX'ers will be sad as well.
    My recommendation would be to download the FSX model from Rob's site and fly that one. I have it and it's great!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

The Shorts was released for both P3D and FSX.

(as MrZippy mentioned above).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Good News

I'll go and check out the FSX. I remember these tubby things flying cargo in and out of O'Hare Airport when I was younger. Not sure exactly what model because my sightings were always in the air over my house. Thank you for the update. Just downloaded it and I apologize for not seeing that it is for both versions and am really excited to try it out from a couple airports I am beta testing for the developers. "Kill two birds with one stone as they say". Thank you again Rob.

Thank You Rob

After downloading the FSX Shorts 360 I briefly checked it out and liked it immediately so I Googled who was still actively flying them. I discovered that Air Cargo Carriers has scheduled flights all week (got their schedule) from their hub Of KMKE Mitchell Intl, Milwaukee Wisconsin. Got a really nice freeware KMKE activated and proceeded with Rob's paintkit to paint their livery from online photos I was able to download. As a thank you for all Rob's hard work on this and many others, I will be sharing the repaint here for his 360. I did two repaints after realizing from my photos of these textures currently in use actually 3 different liveries: two have the company logo and one has just the registration. All three are in the corporate blue. Earlier livery was a maroon and blue which was replaced it seems in 2016. Repainting was challenging enough to keep me interested for the past 2 days but today I finished and took these photos. I am learning each time I repaint more and more about Adobe Photoshop and how versatile it is for repainters.

Here is repaint #1 N151CA at the gate

Doors opened...<SHFT>E Main Exit -- <SHFT>E2 Cargo Doors -- <SHFT>E3 Service and Main Cargo Door WAY COOL ROB!!!

Second livery N360RW

Notice the differences: the logo is up and behind the nacelles and the wing strut is white not blue. Fuselage and wings are the same for both.

Nice work! Glad you are able to enjoy Rob's handiwork. The 360 really is a nice airplane to fly.

Current System Specs:

Rob has made very beautiful payware quality FREEWARE Shorts 360 with amazing beautiful panel and nobody wants to paint liveries on that???

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Rob has made very beautiful payware quality FREEWARE Shorts 360 with amazing beautiful panel and nobody wants to paint liveries on that???
    Honestly Sir, I know you have requested that other liveries be done for you in the past, and while I don't know if any of those were ever done, maybe it's time for you to download a freeware graphics program (there are several very good ones to start with) and learn by doing. Those who do liveries are usually sitting there at their computer with quite a few liveries already in the queue. . .probably months of work ahead of them, plus a full time job, maybe Summer Vacation and so on.

It would be in your best interest to learn the art of repainting. In it's very basic form it isn't difficult at all. Forget bumps and specs to begin with and just paint an airplane, the rest will come along on it's own in time, but as many as you request be painted for you...time for you to take up the brush.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Honestly Sir, I know you have requested that other liveries be done for you in the past, and while I don't know if any of those were ever done, maybe it's time for you to download a freeware graphics program (there are several very good ones to start with) and learn by doing. Those who do liveries are usually sitting there at their computer with quite a few liveries already in the queue. . .probably months of work ahead of them, plus a full time job, maybe Summer Vacation and so on.

It would be in your best interest to learn the art of repainting. In it's very basic form it isn't difficult at all. Forget bumps and specs to begin with and just paint an airplane, the rest will come along on it's own in time, but as many as you request be painted for you...time for you to take up the brush.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm graphically handicapped myself (a joke), and so I rarely ask for repaints to be done. I'm just grateful for any repaint that comes along.

Just my 2 € cents worth.

Priller

Falcon409,

My talents lie with creating beautiful screenshots, not with painting liveries for which I have zero talents for repaints. I just stick to creating beautiful screenshots and let others who have amazing talents in repaints to do livery paintings.

Smiling

Regards,

Aharon

Falcon409,

My talents lie with creating beautiful screenshots, not with painting liveries for which I have zero talents for repaints. I just stick to creating beautiful screenshots and let others who have amazing talents in repaints to do livery paintings.
    Smiling
    Regards,
    Aharon
    That's fine then. . .certainly your prerogative, but don't be so surprised when you get no takers, no matter how much you like a certain aircraft. . .it might not be so for others.

Current System Specs:

Thanks to Rob for this handsome aircraft and livery renderings. I remember them from my days in Chicago and its O'hare airport.

Someone looking for ME?

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    All these are nice, but I especially would love to have the Pacific Coastal livery for my B.C. and PNW flights.
    I looked back and realized the last repaint I had done was 9 years ago for FS9. Figured it was time to clean the brushes and try to slop some paint.

There are flaws (font for Shorts logo on the wheel pants, details in the Totem are 2) but they are not likely to get changed.
    C-GPCN, like most of PCA's aircraft went through a few changed to the schemes over the years - PCN had both the white wings and stab and struts, and the blue wing top/blue stab. and struts - as you can see if you search the images. I have the bits assembled for both options and after a few last-minute touch-ups and funding the bribe for Rami, they should be available by the weekend.

Thanks Rob (and Ed) for the model, the paintkit, and the inspiration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCA-blue.jpg   PCA-blue2.jpg   thumbnail.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

I've been itching to get my hands on a SkyWay Enterprises repaint for this bird and I finally got around to making one myself. Here's the download link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5870&catid=215
    There are some extra goodies in the zip file as well, including a touch-up of the American Eagle paint that came with the base package.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N378MQ SKZ 3.jpg   N378MQ SKZ 1.jpg   N378MQ SKZ 2.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Just wondering if the Pacific Coastal textures were released ?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    I looked back and realized the last repaint I had done was 9 years ago for FS9. Figured it was time to clean the brushes and try to slop some paint.

There are flaws (font for Shorts logo on the wheel pants, details in the Totem are 2) but they are not likely to get changed.
    C-GPCN, like most of PCA's aircraft went through a few changed to the schemes over the years - PCN had both the white wings and stab and struts, and the blue wing top/blue stab. and struts - as you can see if you search the images. I have the bits assembled for both options and after a few last-minute touch-ups and funding the bribe for Rami, they should be available by the weekend.

Thanks Rob (and Ed) for the model, the paintkit, and the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Just wondering if the Pacific Coastal textures were released ?

Many thanks.
    No Pete. They are still sitting in a corner of my desk. Had a couple of things take up too much time (now done) and have been pondering whether it's worth manually painting the 'totem pole' logo as the one I used (taken from a photo) is a bit fuzzy. If I do that'll add a half-dozen hours of pixel-clicking. Other than that, they are ready and not vanished.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

SOH-CM-2020
    Many thanks. No hurry, just whenever it get's done it will have a home here

Pete.

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Can anybody please be kind enough to paint this STUNNING AMAZING BEAUTIFUl livery, please??

Thank you for any consideration any of you might have for this repaint request.

Regards,

Aharon

Really Beautiful

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Can anybody please be kind enough to paint this STUNNING AMAZING BEAUTIFUl livery, please??

Thank you for any consideration any of you might have for this repaint request.

Regards,

Aharon
    It really is a cool repaint. It has been so long since I looked at Rob's 360 to see what it would entail, I'll get back here after I look at it. Anyone else more excited to tackle it jump on it and I'd be happy to download it when YOU are done.

I love a challenge

It really is a cool repaint. It has been so long since I looked at Rob's 360 to see what it would entail, I'll get back here after I look at it. Anyone else more excited to tackle it jump on it and I'd be happy to download it when YOU are done.
    I just did a flash drive search (where I keep stuff I don't want to lose) and pasted the paintkit to my desktop. Now to tackle this beautiful texture for Rob's beautiful bird. I think IMHO that I have gotten more proficient in Photoshop since I did the 3 Air Cargo Carriers repaints above so its off to the paintshed with the music on. Not much else to do or go during our ordered confinement.

Tgy,

Thanks for your kindness in agreeing to paint this livery and I predict your repaint is going to be a big hit with flightsimmers!!! I pray that this amazing Bahamas livery is not difficult for you.

Regards,

Aharon

From The Paintshop

Tgy,

Thanks for your kindness in agreeing to paint this livery and I predict your repaint is going to be a big hit with flightsimmers!!! I pray that this amazing Bahamas livery is not difficult for you.

Regards,

Aharon
    You are welcome. I know how difficult it is to do something that just doesn't seem to be "your ricebowl" and I have gotten so much help from developers when I needed it. So I like to pay back when I can. So far there is blue and yellow paint all over the place LOL! but I am pleased so far with what I have done. Stay tuned....

Grand Bahama Island Repaint

21 hours later...here it is. It WAS a lot of fun to do even if it was challenging at times. Did a final tweak of it just a bit ago and here are some screen shots. I will upload it to the Warbirds Library later. Rob's paintkit is a real joy to work with. Since I own Carenado's SD360 as well, after I recover I may tackle repainting this for the Carenado but not this week.

[IOn the ground at Freeport

Right Side

Left Side

Very nice!
    Greenhouse357

TGY,

Thanks a zillion for your kindness. Great repaint and it is going to be fun to fly that
    livery!!

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 0