FR Buchon and Bf-109G6 released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FR Buchon and Bf-109G6 released

Thanks folks- have added it to the library. Ought to be up in due course.

Looking forward to all the repaints coming, Thanks Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by avi8tor4321 View Post
    Thanks folks- have added it to the library. Ought to be up in due course.
    Wow. That was quick. Much appreciated. Thank you.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

this just landed in the library:
    jk0366
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

two more that will be arriving soon
    jk0380

jk0375
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thank you JanKees!

Cees

Great 109 paints- keep them coming!

Have also just uploaded the twin to "Yellow 10" - "Yellow 7" (G-AWHM) to the library. Enjoy!

Last edited by stovall; May 12th, 2019 at 20:19.

Thank you!

Avi8tor4321 - I was wondering if you could make a few updates to your repaints of "Yellow 10" and "Yellow 7"? I've noticed that the sides of the windscreen in these repaints are the wrong shade of green - the lighter green, rather than the darker green that they should be. Also there is a "dirt/grime circle" on the aft fuselage of both, below the horizontal stabilizers, which should be removed (should only be there with the BOB movie Buchon model with the tail struts). Also, there is a bit of an artifact of green paint under each wingtip, which I believe is because that layer of green paint is for use with the clipped-wing model, rather than the full-span wing model.

For those not aware, "Yellow 7", which is operated by Air Leasing, is based between Sywell and Duxford - spending time at Sywell if when maintenance/routine check-ups are required. "Yellow 10", on the other hand, which is owned by Historic Flying Ltd., is solely based at Duxford.

This should be in the library in the P3D Warbirds section soon. Can be used in the FSX version, too.

The aircraft doesn't currently have these wingtips, and so you'll have to imagine that they were changed at some point. They are pretty interchangeable....

Thank you Mike! Looking through some photos recently, I was reminded that that aircraft was temporarily repainted into those markings again, just last year (spring 2018), before it was shipped down to New Zealand and performed at Warbirds Over Wanaka. The aircraft was also at Warbirds Over Wanaka in 2016, sporting its real/permanent paint scheme of "Yellow 10".

BTW, work continues on my repaint of G-AWHH/"White 9" - it should be completed sometime by the end of next week.

Dunkirk Movie Buchon

Thanks again, Mike!

(Note that it was the Duxford, UK based Historic Flying Ltd. Buchon, "Yellow 10" (G-AWHK), that was painted in these markings and used in the movie "Dunkirk". The Planes of Fame Air Museum's Buchon at Chino, California was also restored and painted in these same exact markings, as it was originally going to be the one used in the movie, but some problems with the engine persisted and it didn't get done in time - therefore the Historic Flying Ltd. Buchon filled in instead. Now a few years later, the POF Buchon still has yet to fly/still with items to sort out (the last time the POF Buchon flew was in the making of the 2001 movie "Pearl Harbor", as it suffered a ground-loop in England during the filming work).)

In this article, John Romain talks briefly of the challenges faced in flying the combat scenes in "Dunkirk", in which he was piloting this Buchon: http://vintageaviationecho.com/john-romain/

Last edited by stovall; May 12th, 2019 at 20:17.

John, may I ask what that scenery is? Is that Orbx?
    Mark

Yes, it is ORBX's FTX England (and tree textures). I used to use the UK VFR photo scenery for many years, for the utmost accuracy of the layout of the land, but I like the colors much better in the ORBX scenery, which are much closer to life.

Such a cool looking paint scheme:

Last edited by stovall; May 12th, 2019 at 20:15.

Not as nice as Bomber's Pic's however I am enjoying this aircraft package very much

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-12_12-48-48-99.jpg   2019-5-12_12-14-10-999.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Oberleutnant Franz Stigler and his Yellow 2.

Thanks for the repaint. What scenery is that? Looks great.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thanks for the tips bomber12th, hadn't even noticed! I have updated both paints to v1.1 in the library- simply re-download the original files. Also fixed another couple of things I'd amended. I'll also try to get my repaint of G-AWHC done in the next couple of days.
    Cheers

Last edited by avi8tor4321; May 12th, 2019 at 21:54.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks for the repaint. What scenery is that? Looks great.
    It is a small airfield called Berck sur Mer on the coast of France. I changed the airfield to look more like 1943 to fly my WWII German aircraft.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by avi8tor4321 View Post
    Thanks for the tips bomber12th, hadn't even noticed! I have updated both paints to v1.1 in the library- simply re-download the original files. Also fixed another couple of things I'd amended. I'll also try to get my repaint of G-AWHC done in the next couple of days.
    Cheers
    Thank you, I really appreciate it! And I'm very glad you're doing "Red 11/G-AWHC" as well.

The latest Buchon restoration from Air Leasing, G-AWHR, is very close to flying now too, and it sounds like it is expected to be participating in Flying Legends (making 5 for the show this summer). The sales ads for it stated that it was going to be painted in the same "black chevron" markings it had when Connie Edwards sold it (the last markings it carried for the movie), but the recent UK CAA registration information from April, containing information about the paint scheme for registration-exemption, is that it will have the number 5 on it - pointing to it being painted as "White 5", which is documented as being one of the paint schemes it had in the movie. If that is the case, as I believe it to be, it will be great to see one of those versions of the movie paint schemes applied to it - white number with white spinner (different to the other BOB movie scheme painted Buchons already flying). G-AWHR is famous for having been the single seater flown by Adolf Galland on an unauthorized flight during the making of the movie.

(Following G-AWHR, it is rumored that the next Buchon that will be completed by Air Leasing, G-HISP, will be finished in its original Spanish AF markings when completed. (There are still two more former Connie Edwards/Battle of Britain movie Buchons in storage in California, awaiting an eventual trip to Air Leasing for restoration as well, once there are buyers lined up.))

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Yes, it is ORBX's FTX England (and tree textures). I used to use the UK VFR photo scenery for many years, for the utmost accuracy of the layout of the land, but I like the colors much better in the ORBX scenery, which are much closer to life.
    Thanks John. I've now got the Orbx England scenery and added the ACG Duxford scenery. Makes a big difference.
    Mark

DoubleCL

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-19_8-40-51-935.jpg  

Slowly been working on C4K-107 (G-BOML), a few bits need doing but should be up soon!

Another that looks absolutely fantastic, Avi8tor! I always really liked that scheme.

BTW, if you or anyone else would like to tackle G-AWHH "White 9", please go right ahead - I had planned to be able to work on it last week and have it done already, but I just haven't been able to make time for it.

Members who have read this thread: 3