Aircraft.cfg - points

Thread: Aircraft.cfg - points

Aircraft.cfg - points

Is there a tool for changing\tweaking points in the FSX aircraft.cfg..?
    Something similar to ACM where you could move them on the fly.

ModelConverterX seems cumbersome.

There's no way around manual editing of the aircraft.cfg and refreshing the model in MCX or in the simulator itself. For the latter method, Visualizer may help.
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...sx-or-p3d.134/

Many thanks, I'll give it a try...

A simple way to see where your contact points are:

Create three new nav lights in your lights section of the CFG. Copy the position data from the first three lines of your contact points section and paste into these lights entries.

You will now have lights where your actual contacts are.

Once you have adjusted everything , just delete or comment out the light entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    There's no way around manual editing of the aircraft.cfg and refreshing the model in MCX or in the simulator itself. For the latter method, Visualizer may help.
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...sx-or-p3d.134/
    Umm, I'm not sure what you mean by "manual editing"?

Built into MCX is a points editor capability; IOW, open the aircraft.cfg in MCX, select the point in question in the built in aircraft.cfg editor window, it'll highlight on the model, you edit the value in the aircraft.cfg file within the built in editor and it'll show you the change in the model. No need to refresh, it shows as soon as you edit the value. Is that what you meant? It's pretty slick, I've fixed a few models that way for myself.

Make sure you're using the latest release of MCX.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

Built into MCX is a points editor capability; IOW, open the aircraft.cfg in MCX, select the point in question in the built in aircraft.cfg editor window, it'll highlight on the model, you edit the value in the aircraft.cfg file within the built in editor and it'll show you the change in the model. No need to refresh, it shows as soon as you edit the value. Is that what you meant? It's pretty slick, I've fixed a few models that way for myself.

I tried selecting a point in the built in aircraft.cfg editor but it did not show high lighted on the model...?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I tried selecting a point in the built in aircraft.cfg editor but it did not show high lighted on the model...?
    Seahawk I was with you until I went back and noticed that on the bottom row of icons there is one that says "Show cfg Points". The icon looks like an airplane. . .select that and the points will show up.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Seahawk I was with you until I went back and noticed that on the bottom row of icons there is one that says "Show cfg Points". The icon looks like an airplane. . .select that and the points will show up.
    Thanks Falcon, I can now see the points.
    Is there a way to be selective and see only one point at a time as you edit...?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Thanks Falcon, I can now see the points.
    Is there a way to be selective and see only one point at a time as you edit...?
    I don't understand the question?
    If you mean in the graphics window, I haven't seen that functionality.
    It should be highlighting the point when you select it in the aircraft.cfg editor. I agree it's sometimes hard to see which point is highlighted. But, typically, I just move it a lot in one direction to confirm I'm working on the point I think I'm working on.

I don't understand the question?
    If you mean in the graphics window, I haven't seen that functionality.
    It should be highlighting the point when you select it in the aircraft.cfg editor. I agree it's sometimes hard to see which point is highlighted. But, typically, I just move it a lot in one direction to confirm I'm working on the point I think I'm working on.

Thank you..! I was not looking close enough.....
    MCX will work fine for what I need...

I know that feature, although not how well Arno has optimized it by now. A few releases ago, the bulit-in aircraft.cfg editor messed up the output file's formatting and that's why I've never used it.

Members who have read this thread: 0