"Silver Mirrored" planes in P-3D

Thread: "Silver Mirrored" planes in P-3D

"Silver Mirrored" planes in P-3D

Some of my planes in P3D that I have added have a silver mirrored finish. I've tried adjusting the alpha but this doesn't affect their appearance. Is it a spec issue or a model issue? I'm thinking of the Classic Hanger Doras and the Ta-152H. The early radial FW-190s are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken

I've recently taken to tinkering with Physical Based Rendering (PBR) and this effect has cropped up there. If you operate P3Dv4.4 or later, something in the external models may be set to use it. If so alpha channels could be working in reverse. You could try setting your diffuse alphas to black not white.

Just a thought...

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    I've recently taken to tinkering with Physical Based Rendering (PBR) and this effect has cropped up there. If you operate P3Dv4.4 or later, something in the external models may be set to use it. If so alpha channels could be working in reverse. You could try setting your diffuse alphas to black not white.

Just a thought...

DaveQ
    Hi Dave, yeah, I tried that already and it didn't have any affect. That's why I'm trying to figure out what the cause is, as I miss flying the Ta-152H.

V4.4 can use PBR if the model has it enabled. Otherwise it's standard business as usual for addons from the past.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Yeah, I understand all of that. I'm just trying to figure out why certain planes, which I know were made for FSX, not P3D, have a silver mirror finish when I install them in P3D. I should note, they had this same problem before PBR was enabled in P3D.

For instance, one of them is the Piglet SAAB J-21. Every texture for it is fine, except the USAF version. The USAF version shows with the complete model having a silver mirror finish, just like the FW-190Ds and the Ta-152H.

I just tried this out and tried a potential solution with MCX. Unfortunately the model corrupts when being re-compiled so no go that way.....

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 0