AW P-51D Ver 2 and repaints are now released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AW P-51D Ver 2 and repaints are now released!

Why do the RPMs take so long to come up? I can't get them much past 2000 on takeoff, and my prop lever is full forward all the way to the stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    Why do the RPMs take so long to come up? I can't get them much past 2000 on takeoff, and my prop lever is full forward all the way to the stop.

I don't have any problems in getting the engine to come up to 3000 rpm. Please see the attached image. This is the spec of the P-51D.

Do you need to recalibrate your joystick?

Quote Originally Posted by acwai1 View Post
    I don't have any problems in getting the engine to come up to 3000 rpm. Please see the attached image. This is the spec of the P-51D.

Do you need to recalibrate your joystick?
    I triple checked my settings, and I am not sure what I am seeing with the airfile. I see 3000 RPMs once I am airborne, Prior to that it struggles with 2000 (at 60" MP). Its as if the plane doesn't have a constant speed prop on it. I pull up in to a climb, and the RPMs drop off, MP is still pegged at 60". I dive and the RPMs climb...

I swapped out the air file for one that Jay Daniel built for your V1 P-51 years ago, and the prop appears to function as I would expect.

No place to hide Gustav...you're mine!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Clipped!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Outstanding Andrew. I knew it would be. Been fly version 1 for years. Thanks for this and your recently released Ki-84.

AW P-51D Ver 2.0 Repaints 3.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: VERSION 2.0 May 2019

These repaints were painted by cobrauk, Rick Spock, and Tim13.

I had to make some slight modifications to fit this aircraft.

Andrew acwai@yahoo.com

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW P-51D Ver 2.0 Repaints 3.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Andrew and company,

Thank you kindly for this new set of repaints for the Mustang!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    I triple checked my settings, and I am not sure what I am seeing with the airfile. I see 3000 RPMs once I am airborne, Prior to that it struggles with 2000 (at 60" MP). Its as if the plane doesn't have a constant speed prop on it. I pull up in to a climb, and the RPMs drop off, MP is still pegged at 60". I dive and the RPMs climb...

I swapped out the air file for one that Jay Daniel built for your V1 P-51 years ago, and the prop appears to function as I would expect.
    I had to switch out airfiles too, once I had found the tanks and other things need to get the loadouts, I could start the engine with guns only selected, but once I added the drop tanks, the engine wouldn't start, kept trying, but just would not run. Threw in Jays airfile from the Odd Crow, and problem solved,lol Even had the correct drop tanks with that model too, and the entry to add to the modelnames text file. Now everything works just fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0