How many dynamic gun-sight files are possible on 1 aircraft?

Thread: How many dynamic gun-sight files are possible on 1 aircraft?

How many dynamic gun-sight files are possible on 1 aircraft?

Hi,

I've been making dynamic gunsights where the main ring is one file (visible layer in game) that doesn't change (only one size set in the shader settings file), then another file is dynamic and changes size between three sizes, this works fine.

My question is: can I have more than these two files on one aircraft, so one that doesn't change, but two that do? So I will have three images showing at one time?

Thanks for any help

I just ran an experiment with 5 different reticles and it seemed to work fine, so apparently there is no limit.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Great, thanks. I must have messed something up in my changes. I can give it another try building up slowly to what I was attempting.

It is unlimited. The gunsight I did for the new Spitfire Mk.II is composed of 61 different reticles. What are you trying to make?

One reticle that only has one zoom value.
    Another that toggles between x, y and z values
    Another that toggles between x, a and b values

Interesting. I've got it working, but only when I use the name of an old reticle that was in the game, I'm in WoTR not CFS3.

Whenever I try to add a custom name it doesn't work. What could I be doing wrong when trying to add a custom named reticle. I add the dds files, update the effects.xml and the aircraft xml and the TextureMagic. Is there any naming convention I should follow or could I be adding something that can't be read in an xml for some reason? Bizzarely I manged to add custom named reticles some months ago...

Like I said, I've now got three layers working but I don't like not understanding why I can't add one!

Strange, not sure why it wouldn't work unless you're using strange characters in the file name. Sounds like you've added all the parts. Could be a problem or a typo with one of the entries to the various files?

Yeah, I gave up in the end. I figured something in WotR was complicating matters. I can get what i need from using the files and file names already there.

Another question though, is it possible to change the brightness toggle, so it would just be 'off' and 100% for example?

ChiefWH,

You can add "dimmer=onoff" to the reticle line in the ini file to keep only on/off state instead of a smooth dimmer, something like this:
    reticle_test.dds=1.0|0.60|0.30 dimmer=onoff
    Another option is "dimmer=none" to disable the switch entirely.

I'm not sure what is the problem with WOTR, but one ideas is that it could be overwriting effects.xml file, though I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AnKor View Post
    ChiefWH,

You can add "dimmer=onoff" to the reticle line in the ini file to keep only on/off state instead of a smooth dimmer, something like this:
    reticle_test.dds=1.0|0.60|0.30 dimmer=onoff
    Another option is "dimmer=none" to disable the switch entirely.

I'm not sure what is the problem with WOTR, but one ideas is that it could be overwriting effects.xml file, though I'm not sure.
    Thank you, much appreciated.

Members who have read this thread: 0