Hi All,

I normally do not run UI animations in my CFS3 installs, but with the work being done by Rramjet I turned them on to test the work.

However I have an issue with the load screen animation not showing when I have the animations enabled. By this I mean I start ETO and it loads up the normal start up screen image with an error message dialog box stating mission failed to load. I click OK on that and then fly a QC mission and when exiting the mission I now have fully functional UI animations for the rest of the game session.

I have a stock install of CFS3 with Firepower and all the UI animations work with that and I do not get the "mission failed to load "error when starting. its the same for my BoB install, all animations work, although the planes blow up after a couple of seconds on the runway.

I have an ETO install with stock ETO UI animations and I'm still getting the "mission failed to load "error when running UI on start up screen but all the UI animationswork once you finish a QC mission, so I don't think its an issue with the new UI animation files. I tried taking the animations folder out of my stock cfs3 and put thatinto my ETO install but still had the same start up screen issue.

I have deleted the uisel.xm file in the application data folder, this usually fixes the "mission failed to load" error when trying to load a corrupted mission file, but in this case it did nothing.

If I select to disable UI animations in the ConfigOverrides.xml file then the game starts normally with no error message. This is what I find strangest as I have not changed any psychical parameters of the mission type, same location same aircraft etc, just stopped the UI animations.

Thoughts anybody? regards Rob.

PS Rramjets animations look great in game. and I'm sure my issue is not related to any of his files. I've obviously tweaked something somewhere in the past that is causing the issue.