RAZBAM A7 Corsair

Thread: RAZBAM A7 Corsair

RAZBAM A7 Corsair

Been looking at the A7E for awhile now, any owners of this bird care to chime in with a thought or two ?

Need something to park next to my Section8 F86 in the hanger .....

PS - Jafo , how about a progress report

Cheers

I have it. It's pretty good. A lot of people seem to have a problem with the flight model. I think it's fine. Challenging, but that's ok with me. The VC is very nice. Much of the systems work correctly, which for a 1970s jet is very different and interesting. Configuring load-outs is done just as it was in the real plane, by a big black box called the Armament Station Control Unit (ASCU), which is kind of cool, but you have to learn what all the letter codes are, just as we did in real life! Or just cycle through all the combinations until you get something you like! The HUD, while correct, is too small. Meaning the characters and symbols are about half the size they should be. But it is a A-7E HUD, which is cool.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I agree with PRB - it is an excellent model.

The VC is especially well done. The most outstanding thing to me is the accurately modeled AJB-3/AJB-7 All Attitude Indicator (AAI), which until recently has never been accurately modeled. The "Abba - Jabba" rotates in heading as well as in pitch and bank. It was originally developed by the Navy for the prototype A3J Vigilante as part of the Loft Angle Bombing System, and later incorporated in the A4C, F-4B, A-7A and their follow on models. A great instrument, I never had one even hiccup on me and do not recall anyone else having a problem with it either.

In addition, the RAZBAM Angle of Attack (AOA) system is also well done, which is more than I can say for most AoA systems modeled in FS programs.

The "rubber duckie" served the Navy well and deserves a place in your hangar. The RAZBAM model is worth the $ and effort to learn it, IMHO.

For "scooter" lovers, the A-4A and A-4B did not have an AJB, they had the old 2-axis "Lear Liar" type indicators. In the RA-5 and A-7 the AJBs were driven by the INS system with gyro backup. No US A-4s had an INS unless the Marines some how shoved one in the A-4M at some point in its service life, but I am not sure they ever did.

.... pleasant surprise ! .... on top of that 1/2 price over @ Just Flight

Cheers gents !

There is/was a TacPack version of this.

Have a look here.

Dave

Blog Entries
    If it's still using my old flight model, its a major handful. The anhedral on the wings acts like a prachute and its real easy to get yourself killed in it. This was also a known behavior in the real plane. Someone made what they called a corrected flight model, which means they made it fly more like your standard party van than an airplane. We did a good job for the period, but it's only easy after it gets to like you..
    Pam

..... noticed that, not a fan of TacPac thank you ,more of a "circuit & bump" kinda pilot.

Lands much like the F86 , don't fall behind the speed curve or she drops like a rock lol !!

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    ..... noticed that, not a fan of TacPac thank you ,more of a "circuit & bump" kinda pilot.

Lands much like the F86 , don't fall behind the speed curve or she drops like a rock lol !!

Cheers

::LOL:: I'll take that as a complement ::LOL::

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post

Cheers
    That's what they were supposed to do - no "gliding approaches", don't try to "fly it with the nose" --

So true !!

Throw a conventional approach out the window .....

I own both series in FSX and the beta Tacpack D/E which will probably never get fixed sadly. Great to read Mike71's comments and I agree if you get them on sale, why not??? The original early A-7 and TA-7s packs are a great buy. I've got the updated FDE from here on SOH a couple years ago. Plenty of paints in both low and hi viz, so most squadrons should be done. Just watch the engine TOT, you'll cook it easy.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Razbam.com is selling even cheaper than Justflight right now, $10/plane pretty much. Already had the T-2 and a couple of others, picked up the A-7A-E packages last night.

Members who have read this thread: 0