Howard 500 N4362F - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howard 500 N4362F

Thanks, Duckie! Some of these older models like this one take some time when nothing is round or flat or line up just right. Looks good drawing them up in a graphics program until you see it in 3d.

Right now it's a little artsy like all the bling that aircraft don't have but until I finish the rest of the model it's fun to see. Those strips on the cowl are four parts and not all are the same size making fun to line up. Will be adding the pinstriping that goes in the white background. The fuselage rivets are about right for a painted aircraft thus the wings will look like that later.

Rivets are now flush on the cowl flaps not what I did before. Same with the smaller fastners with no slots yet.

Last edited by TuFun; July 4th, 2019 at 09:54.

Looks nice and eventually in Concours d'Elegance condition.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Looks nice and eventually in Concours d'Elegance condition.
    Thanks! Factory new right out of Dee's facilities it will be. Giving the Howard one last leg in the virtual universe.

Just like this one.

Here's a comparison shot. All this time I thought there was a ring band just after the cowl covers. The red band on the N500LN was actually a painted stripe no band.
    Will update that with no band.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Howard 2x.jpg  

The other famous Howard!

Tail rivets will be adjusted later but for now wanted see color!

Looking marvelous, Ted ! Love the engine cowling color and detail (post #51 third picture) !

Also in the first pic of post #51, is there a way the VC glass and reflectivity can be made like that of the two cabin windows shown (ie. less 'blue') ?
    Cheers,
    MZee

W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Looking marvelous, Ted! Love the engine cowling color and detail (post-#51 third picture)!
    Thanks! Favor this big twin. Thought I would give her one last shot!

Also in the first pic of post #51, is there a way the VC glass and reflectivity can be made like that of the two cabin windows shown (ie. less 'blue')?
    That I don't know, do like the way the windows look in FS9 models. Looks to me the cabin and cockpit windows are tied together change one change them all.
    Also, the cockpit window frame can only be black so it can't match the color of the fuselage.

Fun with stripes... best way copy all three panels and paste them all in one texture layer, then draw the lines for those stripes. All nice and tidy!

Looking good, Ted !
    Cheers,
    MZee

W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

Always had a soft spot for this model . Looking forward to this Thanks !

Members who have read this thread: 3