Carenado ATR 42-500 released ...

Thread: Carenado ATR 42-500 released ...

Carenado ATR 42-500 released ...

Just for your information - the new Carenado ATR 42-500 was released today .

All the Best

Dirk

Here is the link to the ATR 42-500 Check HERE
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Cool! I didn't even know they were making one, nice surprise

first paint done, a Virgin 600 in a shrunken down to the 500

Download link> https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php...0-kirra-beach/
    Last edited by jeansy; April 19th, 2019 at 06:49.

Hi Matt, very quick and very nice !

ATB

Dirk

Did a very simple one - to try out ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Here is the link to the ATR 42-500 Check HERE
    Thank you.

Cool! nice to see those repaints appear as fast as they do

How about fps?

Example from my country of ATR-42-500:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Did a very simple one - to try out ....
    nice, as usual its the tail fin and associated parts that are the pain and most time consuming

Yieeehaw!!!!! As the French would say.

For me this is true virtual nostalgia. I didn't know about the ATR series way back then. Believe i never even knew it existed. Until someone called Rainer Labie, who had just started one of the first Virtual Airlines ( TCA, Tradewind Caribbean Airlines) asked me if i could do an ATR-42 for his VA. Talking about FS95/FS2K, i.e. 1500 poly's only... ( that's a couple of wheels today...;-)

I started reading about the ATR and became interested. Followed was a couple of years of great fun expanding Rainer's TCA. Apart from delivering the ATR-42 i designed the livery and logo and lent a hand with other stuff. My freeware ATR-42 model became quite popular even to such extend that one day i saw it appear in a commercial package of an FS add-on company which still exists today. Made the mistake of giving the source code to somebody who wanted to do a 72 version. Apparently someone else got ahold of it and sold it to this FS add-on company as his own work. Later on it proved that he had gone thru the extremely laborious task of changing each and every part name but forgat to do something about the small anomalies that had crept into my ATR model. Hehe..

Anyway, i became very fond of the ATR and became friends with two guys heavely involved with the real thing. One an ATR-42 co-pilot from the US flying for American Airlines ( he had started his career flying a DC-3 freighter and told me a few gruesome stories about the leaking cockpit during rain.. ;-) and the other a son of an ATR captain from France.

Very thankful to Rainer Labie, if it wasn't for him i would've missed all the fun i had creating the ATR-42 for FS95/FS2K. Goes without saying my heart skipped a beat reading this announcement about the release of Carenado's ATR ( thanks Dirk ! ). From the screenshots i think it looks totally amazing, installed it too but not found the time to check it out yet.

Anyone here know about Rainer Labie ? (lost contact many years ago already, would love to know how he's doing)

So, that's my ATR story. Fell a bit in love with it of course. Remarkable thing is that it's only the Dash 8 i see coming over my house on its way to Schiphol Rwy 19C, just about never an ATR... That's gonna change now in virtual Schiphol.

Cheers,
    Jan

Hi Jan,

that's long ago:

White-shirt is Rainer, blue-shirt with the joystick is me.... picture is from 2000... 19 year ago...

Rainer seems to be still active at his church.

Cheers!

Marcel

Thanks for the photo, Marcel !

I remember having seen it before. Boy! That's a long time ago! Those were the days, huh... ;-) (thanks for sending along the logo too, talk about nostaliga... ;-)

I noticed TCA still exists too but no sign of Rainer. Did you ever meet with him again after the photo was taken ?

I thought it was pretty remarkable and funny, a dedicated pastor even more dedicated to his virtual flying life in the Caribbean. Learned a lot about the Caribbean from Rainer. Fun time !

Wozé sa ou. Papa Yo!

Jan

Not counting the 3D prop sideview gadget so much, i'd say that's a real world photo ! Well done, Matt !

Note: very thankful to A2A for inventing the '3D-sideview-spinning-prop-image' and seeing more devs applying it. Seems also PBR *does* really work for our beloved P3D birds ! ( i had some doubts about that initally..)

cheers,
    jan

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

just uploaded them, and these ones:
    jk0129

jk0124
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

JanKees, thanks for your great repaints - like them all .... I notice today that Version 1.2 of the ATR is available (Carenado's Facebook-Site). Also i found a few very nice Repaints from Marius Krämer at his own website (http://edrm-repaints.com) - for the ATR-Lovers.

All the Best

Dirk

below a few shots of Marius Repaints .... (you'll find some more at his website)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aurigny.jpg   Farnair.jpg   ZIMEX.jpg   ASL2.jpg  

you're welcome!
    I also revisited the 'Ohana paint by Carenado, which carried an imaginary registration and had a few mistakes, you can now choose from their entire fleet of 4 aircraft.
    jk0204

jk0195

Members who have read this thread: 3