The Douglas JD-1 (USN A-26 Invader) variant. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Douglas JD-1 (USN A-26 Invader) variant.

Those are awesome!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

These look awesome. Are the models with the drones available for DL yet anywhere?

Soon, hopefully. I'm currently away from my desk but in touch with Thomas. Hopefully some time next week. As for P3Dv4, are there any issues using the FSX models? I can use MCX to save them as PBR-ready and I'll try putting some of my paints into that format as a test.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

DaveQ, no issues with P3DV4.5 exterior and interior noticed. I did the vis conditions in USAF drone models too without any problems, running like a charme.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Wow, the landing gear is long enough to clear the drone mounted in the bomb bay?
    whatchyaworkinon?

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Nice! Gorgeous shot and model!

Seeing this stuff... I often wonder how the Aces guys are all feeling about how far FSX has come since it was released (of course I imagine wishing they could have taken it even further than it is today, even with P3D)

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    I can't stop looking at that shot, wow

The story behind Little Looey: "44-34652 assigned to 4756th Drone Squadron even though the tail displays the 4750th Drone Squadron Decal. This aircraft had flown from Tyndall AFB (Florida) to Van Nuys Airport (California) to support an episode of the “Steve Canyon” TV Series. The episode was titled “Operation Firebee” and actually was about a singel Q-2A Firebee drone nicknamed “Little Looey”. The 4750th Drone Squadron Decal was placed over the markings of the 4756th Drone Squadron for the tv show. The number of the fuselage was changed as well for the episode to #366. This is because stock movie footage was used and the film clips were of 41-39366 and the other two Invaders of the 4750th Drone Squadron."

Source: http://napoleon130.tripod.com/id401.html

Some great info, and beautiful planes. Looking forward to these. Thanks TiAr.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

That's a really great link! Many ideas for models and skins!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

At last the SOH Invader drone pack is up in the the library. Thomas and I have been working on it a number of weeks now and it's ready to go. There are a variety of models and options in the pack, including the Q-2A and Q-2C drones and the DB-26B and C as well the the model that started it all the JD-1. Currently modelled for FSX, it all works fine in P3Dv4.5, but I already have a 'prototype' JD-1 in PBR so the whole pack will get a v4.5 makeover in the next few months.

Enjoy!

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    At last the SOH Invader drone pack is up in the the library. Thomas and I have been working on it a number of weeks now and it's ready to go. There are a variety of models and options in the pack, including the Q-2A and Q-2C drones and the DB-26B and C as well the the model that started it all the JD-1. Currently modelled for FSX, it all works fine in P3Dv4.5, but I already have a 'prototype' JD-1 in PBR so the whole pack will get a v4.5 makeover in the next few months.

Enjoy!

DaveQ
    That's freakin' awesome Dave! Thank you!

Excellent!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 2