The Joy of CFS2... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Joy of CFS2...

It has over one thousand plane and hundreds of Ships from every Nation that participated in Word war two. It has many Scenery and a great community. It has its limitation but it has more going for it than limitation. There is no perfect World war two arial Simulation that Satisfy every player but do enjoy this one.

Trouble Configuring .CFG Items

I cannot seem to find the configuration file to include entries for Tactical Display and the cone that points to location of nearest enemy.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Otrman

I recommend you start the game. In the first window hit Settings, Then hit Controller Assignments. There you can find the keystrokes for these and other functions. While there you can program buttons on your joystick to program things like select next/previous targets. While flying, hit alt to open the menu and/or in the windowed mode at the top of the window select View and turn on/off the indicator cone or adjust the tactical display to air, ground, ships, vehicles or off. I believe T is the default keystroke for changing tac display target types and I turns the cone on/off.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Tactical Display and 3d Cone

I am still learning to fly and and setting up controller assignments both keyboard and joystick.

There is mention of a tactical display and 3d cone that points to an enemy but cannot seem to find a way to get them displayed on my simulator screen.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Otrman

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Hiya Otrman,

The tactical display is toggled with "SHIFT+T".

The default tactical display shows air targets.

Clicking the "T" key will cycle through other displays: ground targets (g), surface targets (S) and, I believe, vehicle targets (V).

The enemy indicator, 3D cone , is toggled by the"I" key.

By default It will point to the nearest target if no target is selected.

If a target is selected it will point toward the selected target.

Next and previous targets are selected using either the "TAB" or "SHIFT+TAB" keys or whatever joystick buttons those functions have been assigned to. In my case "Button 3" and "Button 4".

Selected targets are hi-lited in the tactical display.

Have fun!

MR

PS: "CTRL+SHIFT+T" will cycle through tactical display ranges- how wide a view (for example: 5 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles, etc.) it will display.

PPS: I believe the tactical display and enemy indicator are only available in QC and missions.
    Last edited by MaskRider; May 1st, 2019 at 19:14.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Cfs2 and Logitech x56 rhino hotas controllers

Is anyone using the Logitech x56 with Cfs2. I purchased it hoping to use it with X Plane 15 only to find out I need a serious upgrade to my system first.

Right now I am learning to fly using CFs2 with a Logitech joystick and making some progress and might start using the x56 if it will work with Cfs2..

Otrman

Members who have read this thread: 0