I guess it is an arcane interest to some but others amongst us have long had fun simming around Japan. While Japan was not badly done in FSX there were a number of private scenery developers there who were masters of the art. In particular a developer who called himself TONO. TONO's work was posted on an obscure Japanese language website called LETS FLY ASSOCIATION. I came across this site by accident many years ago and soon learned that any scenery release was of limited duration and not repeated (Although a convoluted Japanese translated email to TONO did get me a back copy of the ones I missed). So I used to check regularly every month or so to see if there were new projects or a long awaited release. Alas this week the website is no more, gone for good it seems and with it the master scenery maker for FSX.

Probably most have never heard of LETS FLY or TONO's scenery if you haven't well you missed some of the most exquisitely detailed and beautiful work ever done in FSX or sim for that matter. 90% of the scenery was Japanese airports but now and then odd places across the world turned up like the Yukon, NZ and the Azores, obviously places that captured Mr TONO's imagination. I will certainly miss them.

Anyway sign of the times another great developer bows out and goes from the sim world.