Vals wont start.

Thread: Vals wont start.

Vals wont start.

All three of the Vals I have in my library won't start. Use to. Any idea's ? Thanks.

kwb737, Have you changed them in any way? When you say they won't start, do they still show up for selection in Free Flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    kwb737, Have you changed them in any way? When you say they won't start, do they still show up for selection in Free Flight?
    No. not changed them that I know of. I just recently upgraded to windows 10 and they do show up for selection. Try to start and after the prop turns over for awhile I get that little message "Check your engine can't start".

Sounds like your "battery" is "dead." How long do you wait after the sim starts until you hit the start engine switch? Wait too long and you get that message.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Don't wait very long at all. I even went as far as just downloaded and installed the brand new O/H Val from this site and have the same problem!! What the heck!!

Happens also to the a6m5 zero but does to the a6m2. I am totally stumped!! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Funny thing about this problem that affects around 3 maybe 4 Japanese planes is that it only happens when I select free flight. On missions the plane engines start normally.

Question

Hi K,
    It may be that you need to enrichen the mixture for starting.

I take it they are not standard Val's?

Does the 2D/VC view include engine management controls? If so, there should be a mixture lever, you prob only have to lift it off the cut-off stop setting, and then try and start the old girls.

If the starter is spinning, and you do that straight away in QC/FF, then it's most likely fuel related, and if it's been okay before, and you've not changed anything then.....

Another quick test is to change airfiles (rename etc) with say a standard Dauntless et al, and see if that cures it, that will indicate more likely it's an engine setting that needs to be used.

Why there is a difference between QC/FF and a mission, I'm not sure, it may be start location height, and the need/no need for a richer mixture?? Or possibly the mission sets easier flying/engine management skills?

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2020

Vals won't start - could be “Relative starter torque” ?

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    All three of the Vals I have in my library won't start. Use to. Any idea's ? Thanks.
    Hi all.

I had a similar problem with a few different aircraft, the problem started in windows7 and continued in windows10.

After trying quite a few things that didn't help I discovered that in the .air file there is a setting for “Relative starter torque” - increasing the value for that solved the problem.

I'd try the suggestions in the earlier replies first, but if they don't help the starter torque thing might be worth a look,

cheers,

SW

I hope you don't mind SW but I tried your solution first. IT WORKED!!!!! I don't know how to thank you enough! I really appreciate you solving my problem. Thank you so much again!

My thanks comes from your enjoyment of the sim!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    My thanks comes from your enjoyment of the sim!

Hurrah!

and now...Tora! Tora! Tora!

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 0