Battle of Britain - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Britain

Hey Rami,

On one of your layouts its calling for searchlights. What set are those with. I can't find them.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Hi Blood_Hawk,

This is from the Bob install guide.

JMK_inf_Light_House_with_effects: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=211&id=21265

Regards,
    B24Guy

Nope thats not it. The layout is called London night searchlights...

V1.0,N50 32.4470,E0 59.4834
    Searchlight,-81140.6,91940.9,100
    Searchlight,-81490.9,104987.1,100
    Searchlight,-77715.0,108013.3,100
    Searchlight,-86009.4,105797.0,100
    Searchlight,-87877.1,105072.5,100
    Searchlight,-90830.3,105242.7,100
    Searchlight,-92741.5,103793.4,100
    Searchlight,-78855.3,93748.6,180

Thats what its looking for. I'm just not sure what item that is.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Icon22 Reply...

Blood_Hawk23,

Here you go...this is the work of Robert John.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thank you. I was looking in the wrong packs.

Icon22 Battle of Britain auto-installer for CFS2 released!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: Welcome to the Battle of Britain campaign project! These three auto-installers are a large-scale consolidation effort that is being released to commemorate the actual historical event. This massive package consists of various original campaigns by Talon, The Groundcrew team, RussBoB, & Lenny Flank. All have been updated and overhauled by Andrew "Rami" Talbot to include GSL harbor scenery in locations all over England and the coast of France, as well as utilizing the best scenery objects, airfields, and aircraft currently available for CFS2.

In terms of original works, there are a total of four campaigns that have been created by me that I claim sole ownership of. The forty-one mission Luftwaffe bomber campaign was designed from the ground up by myself, as well as the Corpo Aereo Italiano campaign, the British side, called "Chianti Raiders," and the conversion of "Operation Sealion;" this was converted from CFS1, updated, and overhauled by me. There is also a single RAF Hurricane intercept mission out of Liverpool that I claim credit for.

In total, there are two hundred and fifty-seven total missions in this campaign package, which will allow you to fly from the days before the "official" start of the campaign until 8 May, 1941.

The historical timeline of the missions is from 18 June, 1940 until 8 May, 1941. During this period, the Royal Air Force were fighting the Germans in a months-long series of aerial battles which would see the British struggle to maintain control of the air over German and much of the English Channel, a battle they eventually won. In the process, the pilots and support personnel who barely kept Great Britain from being swallowed up by the German army that has managed to subjugate all of Western Continental Europe were lionized by the public, and have retained their glory to the present, though sadly much of this generation is dying off. Interestingly, a significant minority of these pilots were of other nationalities that have been overrun by the Germans; Polish and Czech pilots certainly contributed to the eventual victory that kept Britain alive during these crucial times.

For the Luftwaffe, the capitulation of France on 22 June, 1940 provided them with the airfields that placed the British Isles within their combat range, and set the stage for this battle. During the Battle of Britain, Luftwaffe pilots attempted to gain control of the skies, which would allow for a seaborne invasion. Though it remains an open question whether such an invasion could have succeeded, the Luftwaffe came close during certain periods of the battle to breaking the Royal Air Force, although indecision and incompetence of their High Command, as well as the limitations of their fighter and bomber aircraft, prevented them from succeeding. Eventually, failure to eliminate Great Britain would allow the British and Americans to use England as their base to wage first an aerial war over Hitler's Europe, and then serve as a base for the Normandy invasion that would lead to the total collapse of the Third Reich.

The CFS2 BoB Team

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Battle of Britain - Part Ia.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Battle of Britain - Part Ib.zip

Description: Welcome to the Battle of Britain campaign project! These three auto-installers are a large-scale consolidation effort that is being released to commemorate the actual historical event. This massive package consists of various original campaigns by Talon, The Groundcrew team, RussBoB, & Lenny Flank. All have been updated and overhauled by Andrew "Rami" Talbot to include GSL harbor scenery in locations all over England and the coast of France, as well as utilizing the best scenery objects, airfields, and aircraft currently available for CFS2.

In terms of original works, there are a total of four campaigns that have been created by me that I claim sole ownership of. The forty-one mission Luftwaffe bomber campaign was designed from the ground up by myself, as well as the Corpo Aereo Italiano campaign, the British side, called "Chianti Raiders," and the conversion of "Operation Sealion;" this was converted from CFS1, updated, and overhauled by me. There is also a single RAF Hurricane intercept mission out of Liverpool that I claim credit for.

In total, there are two hundred and fifty-seven total missions in this campaign package, which will allow you to fly from the days before the "official" start of the campaign until 8 May, 1941.

The historical timeline of the missions is from 18 June, 1940 until 8 May, 1941. During this period, the Royal Air Force were fighting the Germans in a months-long series of aerial battles which would see the British struggle to maintain control of the air over German and much of the English Channel, a battle they eventually won. In the process, the pilots and support personnel who barely kept Great Britain from being swallowed up by the German army that has managed to subjugate all of Western Continental Europe were lionized by the public, and have retained their glory to the present, though sadly much of this generation is dying off. Interestingly, a significant minority of these pilots were of other nationalities that have been overrun by the Germans; Polish and Czech pilots certainly contributed to the eventual victory that kept Britain alive during these crucial times.

For the Luftwaffe, the capitulation of France on 22 June, 1940 provided them with the airfields that placed the British Isles within their combat range, and set the stage for this battle. During the Battle of Britain, Luftwaffe pilots attempted to gain control of the skies, which would allow for a seaborne invasion. Though it remains an open question whether such an invasion could have succeeded, the Luftwaffe came close during certain periods of the battle to breaking the Royal Air Force, although indecision and incompetence of their High Command, as well as the limitations of their fighter and bomber aircraft, prevented them from succeeding. Eventually, failure to eliminate Great Britain would allow the British and Americans to use England as their base to wage first an aerial war over Hitler's Europe, and then serve as a base for the Normandy invasion that would lead to the total collapse of the Third Reich.

The CFS2 BoB Team

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Battle of Britain - Part Ib.zip

Battle of Britain - Part II.zip

Description: Welcome to the Battle of Britain campaign package! This is a large-scale consolidation effort that is being released to commemorate the actual historical event. This massive package consists of various original campaigns by Talon, The Groundcrew team, RussBoB, & Lenny Flank. All have been updated and overhauled by Andrew "Rami" Talbot, with major contributions from all CFS2 BoB Team members, including Kdriver, UncleTgt, Robert John, Captain Kurt, and Hewman 100 to include GSL harbor scenery in locations all over England and the coast of France, as well as utilizing the best scenery objects, airfields, and aircraft currently available for CFS2.

In this package, you will find the GSL scenery, as well as nearly all of the objects, anti-aircraft guns, buildings, game sounds, nationality screens, voice packs, and other equipment required, to go along with the campaigns and missions themselves. Those who work is included in this package and who should be thanked for their efforts include Crashaz, Robert John, Wolfi, Xavierb, Ian Elliot, Canion, Blackbird686, Serge Tremblay, Franz Von Baron, Ajax, Lawdog2360, Pen32Win, Usio, UncleTgt, Tobob, Gary20, Stuart277, Simonu, Sander De Cocq, Paul Rebuffat, Psullykeys, Davmag, Nibbio, MaskRider, Metal Dreams, Stiz, Mas, Achim27619, the Groundcrew Team, The Virtual Navy, Cees Donker, Edrufle, Captain Kurt, Brunosk, and Bismarck13.

At the request of numerous users I went through the effort to gain permissions from the authors, and laboriously cobbled together nearly everything for you. This package has been set up to install directly into your CFS2 installation, or you may install it to an empty folder of your choice. Once the auto-installer runs, you should be able to run the campaign within minutes.

The auto-installer package, though large, is intended to greatly lessen the workload of the user, thereby allowing them to install the numerous parts needed for these campaigns with the minimal amount of downloads possible, and also to minimize the risk of any objects being left out.

As an added bonus for those who may have other Early ETO campaigns of mine installed, the files included in this package may help to fill in any missing items for people who have installed those campaigns.

The CFS2 BoB Team

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Battle of Britain - Part II.zip

Icon22 Reply...

Hi,

The internet went out during this storm but the power is still up. I will post some details on this when I don't have to do it on my IPhone. 😎
    "Rami"

Icon22 Reply...

Hello again,

Now that everything is back online, I wanted to add a few notes.

1) The total is actually now two hundred and seventy-four missions; there is a seventeen-mission "Blitz" campaign that covers night attacks on Coventry, London, Manchester, Sheffield, The Clyde, Belfast, Nottingham, Swansea, and Cardiff.

2) The CFS2 BoB Team in its current configuration includes Captain Kurt, Rami, UncleTgt, Kdriver, and Hewman100.

3) Robert John is building Speke Hall, but he specifically requested that I not delay this release on his part; Speke Hall is, as are the custom Liverpool buildings, kind of an homage to UncleTgt, who originally hails from that area. When he finishes, I will do a minor update to the GSL file, but Speke Hall is basically eye candy and in no way affects the campaign in the slightest.

4) It is highly recommended that you use a separate install for this, especially given the combined number of objects involved.

5) There are a total of fourteen campaigns included in this package: seven for Great Britain, six for the Luftwaffe, and one for the Regia Aeronautica. The dates range from 18 June, 1940 to 8 May, 1941.

6) There are a total of seventeen new bases in this package from Captain Kurt and Kdriver, along with some eighty-plus GSL locations in Northern and Atlantic coastal France, as well as England, Scotland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Some of the GSL scenery (in fact the majority of it) is enhanced from previous versions or is entirely brand-new. In addition, some of Ettico's EuroTargets in the area are also used.

7) Numerous skins are included from some of the best CFS2 has to offer, including ChrisN, Erafitti, Sopwith Chameleon, Morton, RobH, and UncleTgt. I would highly encourage you to use them in the missions as you see fit to enhance historical accuracy.

8) Every single mission has been hand-edited to allow for AI flights with varying levels of skill and aggressiveness. This should allow for an increased challenge during missions. Further, for all of the bomber missions, including the Stuka missions, you are flying as a wingman. The Stuka AI behavior is excellent; this should allow you to play follow the leader when making your attacks.

9) There are only three object packages by Lindsay Watt, along with several of Collin's ships and the Bf-110c Zerstorer by Tango Romeo that you will have to download. Hyperlinks have been provided, please make sure to read the instructions.

This is the culmination of several years of effort, in between other projects. UncleTgt, Captain Kurt, and Kdriver were instrumental in beta testing, and I thank UncleTgt also for his research ability (along with Hewman100) and his wonderful repaints. I also thank Kdriver for his tremendous attention to detail.

Now get up there and go flying!
    "Rami"

WOW

Almost 300 missions of BoB???? I'm stunned! I think I may have to quit working to find time to enjoy this mega-effort What to say but THANK YOU to all involved, but most of all to Rami who must have put hundreds of hours in this project. I'll start D/L ASAP. Thanks again.

Finn

Exclamation New BoB Hurricane problem

When I try a campaign on the new BoB; I get cannot find model of AH_ Hurricainemk1 and every thing crashes. It is in the aircraft library. Is it just me. Brian

Angry Reply...

Hi,

Nope. Despite the fact that you go through painstaking efforts to look at every single thing before uploading, some of those little gremlins always gets through no matter what. The Hurricane has my sound alaising instead of the AH Spitfire. Use this sound.cfg to overwrite the sound.cfg in the AH_Hurricanemk1/sound folder and it should work fine.

I think I invented some new curse words at my desktop when reading this. But thank you for saying something.
    "Rami"

SOH-CM-2023
    Rami:

It was a VERY involved effort. And Stuff happens. Thank you to yourself and all others involved in this project.

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Rami:

It was a VERY involved effort. And Stuff happens. Thank you to yourself and all others involved in this project.
    Glh,

And therein lies the curse of being a perfectionist.
    "Rami"

Icon22 Reply...

The good news is I checked all other aliasing, sound packs, and paneling. I think that was the only issue as far as aircraft are concerned.

EDIT: I also corrected the entire package earlier this evening.
    "Rami"

Icon23 great fix

Thank you guru. That fixed the problem Brian

Icon22 Reply...

Brian,

I cannot guarantee there aren't gremins anywhere else, especially in the objects, ships, and scenery. You hit on any further problems, please speak up.
    "Rami"

Icon22 Awesome

This is an amazing piece of work.

I would like to thank all of the people involved with this project, but especially Rami, who has spent the countless hours working on many aspects of the project as well as putting it all together.

You are AWESOME!!!

Cheers,

Stuart

Double wow! Many thanks to all the hard workers who contributed to this, and Rami for assembling it all. Your work is much appreciated.

An amazing job. So much work. My thanks to all involved in this project, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Hi Rami,

Thanks for this package.
    I have a small problem though.

Can't find raf_drop_tank for the ALPHA Spitfire VIII.

I started with a new install using your ETO guide and manuel BoB install.

Thanks,
    B24Guy

Question Reply...

The B24 Guy,

I hate to tell you, but I don't think I'd be using a Mk. VIII in 1940 or early 1941. The only Spitfire I have in that package is the AH_Spitfire_Mk1A, which does not use a drop tank.
    "Rami"

Icon28 Reply...

Hey guys.

Remember that forewarning about gremlins? I've found a couple of minor ones in Pack II, and so did Kdriver. Nothing major, but it will require a re-upload of that part tonight. I will post again once I fix the issues.
    "Rami"

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    The B24 Guy,

I hate to tell you, but I don't think I'd be using a Mk. VIII in 1940 or early 1941. The only Spitfire I have in that package is the AH_Spitfire_Mk1A, which does not use a drop tank.
    The Ah-Ha moment.

I did install a Spitfire to fly around in after doing the manuel install of BoB.

That is most likely the prob. I shall remove said aircraft.

Thanks,

B24Guy

Members who have read this thread: 2