Team Daedalus Messerschmitt Bf109G-10 set released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Daedalus Messerschmitt Bf109G-10 set released!

Quick note....

Hi;

just wanted to point out that while I kept most of the texture file names, the texture mapping between Paul's original models and the new ones have very little in common. I had set out to try and keep the textures the same, but I ran into so many problems that in the end, I just mapped parts as need dictated, without trying to maintain a commonality with the older textures.
    Captain Kurt has been instrumental in this project, both in being able to follow and work with the sometimes intricate mapping, and also in his knowledge of the 109. We are both people that like to get the details right, and this is why a large percentage of our models are unique to the individual "paint". Of the 84 aircraft we have completed so far, no more than 10 models share an interchangeability with another model. In the G-10s we came up with around 20 different items with at least two options each, which in combination could result in hundreds of variations in a model. Even in a more stable production model, such as the F-4, we came up with 15 items with at least two options each.
    An example of the variations that could exist is the fact that in late-war 109Gs (G-6, G-10, G-12, G-14) the vertical tail came in at least 6 different "flavors" (variations); "classic" (short tail), tall tail metal, tall tail metal with tabs, tall tail wood, tall tail wood with tabs and tall tail with straight bottom. Even within these, smaller variations existed. Tall or short vertical tails could be found on on the G-5, G-6, G-10, G-12 and G-14.
    So in short, the bad news is old paints won't easily move to the new models. The good news is Captain Kurt still seems eager to paint new models as fast as I can churn them out, and mav hasn't cried "uncle" in the scasm editing department, so for those interested, there will be many more 109s in the future...

Paul

SOH-CM-2023
    Thank you Paul for your comprehensive explanations and clearifications.
    I have read some material on the Bf109G over the last days and I realized the complexity of the task you took on.
    Thank you so much for this! ... and good to hear that the project is going on

Norbert

Members who have read this thread: 0