F1 China: Noahs Ark again.

Thread: F1 China: Noahs Ark again.

F1 China: Noahs Ark again.

I caught qualifying and I might even watch the race in the hope that Bottas will do another number on Hamilton.
    Without going into complete detail Bottas is on pole and the grid is Mercedes 1-2, Ferrari 3-4, RBR 5-6, Renault 7-8 and HAAS 9-10, or something like that.
    As I mentioned, my main interest is wanting to see Bottas go for gold!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

This time however there can be no Mercedes team orders and I really think Bottas has the bit between his teeth.

Vettel appears to be totally demoralised.

Well qualifying wasn't very surprising, but I'm curious to see the race pace of the cars. I think engine power of the top 10 cars in qualifying is much closer during the race.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    This time however there can be no Mercedes team orders and I really think Bottas has the bit between his teeth.
    Vettel appears to be totally demoralised.
    They've never had team orders - go back to the Nico/Lewis fights.....
    Ricciardo was a the first to get inside Vettel's head....

last years russian grand Prix Bottas was instructed to let Hamilton pass which he duly did.

Panther you owe me an apology which then makes us even hehe.

Cheers chris

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    last years russian grand Prix Bottas was instructed to let Hamilton pass which he duly did.

Panther you owe me an apology which then makes us even hehe.

Cheers chris
    LoL one race....
    But out of the COMPETITIVE teams, you could argue that no team lets their drivers race more than Mercedes....Not Ferrari, Not Red Bull.....

Way more than one race Ed.
    Let's not overlook the fact that Louise is paid a vast amount of $$$ compared to Valteri as well, so MB do have a pecking order.
    As for Vettel, he should retire, he appears to have a fragile psyche and I doubt FIAT will put a leash on their young French charger, unless he threatens a sure 1-2 finish.
    Caught a snippet of silliness with the 'Iceman' (the usual R/C car racing segment) and he's very relaxed and chatty, perhaps Vettel could take lessons.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Way more than one race Ed.
    What were the other "way more" races that Bottas had orders?

Hamilton obviously was faster than the rest, including his team mate.

Ferrari ruined Charles Leclec's race, at least in my opinion. It seemed to me that the young Frenchman was faster than Vettel, but became victim of Ferrari's somewhat odd tire strategy. Even after allowing Vettel to pass, Ferrari should have been able to keep him in front of Verstappen.

For the rest the race was quite boring.................... (well both drivers from Torro Rosso provided some excitement ).

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I doubt FIAT will put a leash on their young French charger
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It seemed to me that the young Frenchman was faster than Vettel
    Charles Leclerc is not French. He is from Monaco.

But I agree Ferrari ruined Leclerc's race to let Vettel try to chase the Mercedes, although it was obvious Vettel would never have been able to catch them.

Icon2

- Tough to tell which power plant is faster between Renault and Honda since Red Bull obviously have the better chassis and aero...
    - One driver takes out BOTH McLaren's!

- Gasly?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Charles Leclerc is not French. He is from Monaco.
    Oops................ You're correct of course. He is one of the few drivers living in Monaco who was actually born there.

@Panther_99FS

- Looking at the pace of the Torro Rosso's, I think the Honda is the faster engine.

- Daniil Kvyat claims he had a moment of "over steer" and couldn't avoid the McLarens. There is some discussion whether he really deserved the drive through penalty.

- Gasly is young in experience and has just arrived in a top team. I'm convinced when Helmut Marko allows him some time, he will find his way.

Cheers,
    Huub

And after the last few seasons of Honda struggling to get the power plant sorted it appears to have grunt and reliability!
    Gasly is quick, I loved the late stop for soft rubber and his subsequent reward of the fastest race lap point.
    STR obviously are benefiting from Honda power as well, despite Danill's 'racing incident' he managed to put in some quick laps before retiring, while his teamate was outstanding starting from the pit lane and driving into the points.
    Kvyat should not have been penalised, watching replays he received a little 'help' when he tangled with the McLarens but the muppets who comprise race control seem to be obliged to penalisea driver or drivers......

Members who have read this thread: 0