FS2004_AVRO 646 Sea Tutor - UPLOADED!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS2004_AVRO 646 Sea Tutor - UPLOADED!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FS2004_AVRO 646 Sea Tutor - UPLOADED!

FS2004_AVRO 646 Sea Tutor

by Nigel Richards and Team

The package comprises: 2 Separate aircraft folders ( _AVRO 646 Sea Tutor early and _AVRO 646 Sea Tutor late), 3 models, 6 texture liveries, custom panels, 2 custom soundsets: Armstrong Siddeley Mongoose and Armstrong Siddeley Lynx engines.

Model Designer: Nigel Richards
    Textures: Nigel Richards
    Flight Model Design: James Banks, Milton Shupe, Pete Collis, Keith Paine
    Gauges: Roman Stoviak, Nigel Richards, Keith Paine, Microsoft
    Sounds: Nigel Richards
    Special Effects/Gauges: Roman Stoviak

Special thanks to:

Milton Shupe for many hours of painstaking mentoring.
    James Banks for giving life to the flight dynamics.
    Tom Zimmerman for many long hours of sounds testing.
    SOH members beta test team.

Uploaded to Warbirds section - available shortly.

E N J O Y !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 646_Sea Tutor.jpg  
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thanks Nigel! By the way you remind me to an uncle one of my friends had. Every time he came to visit my friend he brought amazing presents with him

It seems that every time you visit your friends here, you want to spoil us as well!
    But don't worry you are always welcome (and its really not necessary to bring presents every time )

Thanks again,
    Huub

"YES!!! I can fly her"... he says. (from the movie of which the name escapes me). Didn't Indiana Jones' fishing buddy have an AVRO Sea Tutor waiting at the bottom of the hill as Indy came charging down, trying to escape the arrows and spears of the local natives? Well.. we have one now I reckon, and she's a beauty!

A special thanks to all involved, I know you have worked a long time to get the Tutor Series to the level of workmanship and quality that it is, well worth the wait mates! It has always been, and will always be a pleasure to work with you, Nigel!

Cheers -- BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Blog Entries

FS2004_AVRO 646 Sea Tutor.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: FS2004_AVRO 646 Sea Tutor

By Nigel Richards and Team

The package comprises: 2 Separate aircraft folders ( _AVRO 646 Sea Tutor early and _AVRO 646 Sea Tutor late), 3 models, 6 texture liveries, custom panels, 2 custom sound sets: Armstrong Siddeley Mongoose and Armstrong Siddeley Lynx engines.

Model Designer: Nigel Richards.

Textures: Nigel Richards.

Flight Model Design: James Banks, Milton Shupe, Pete Collis, Keith Paine.

Gauges: Roman Stoviak, Nigel Richards, Keith Paine, Microsoft.

Sounds: Nigel Richards.

Special Effects/Gauges: Roman Stoviak.

Special thanks to: Milton Shupe for many hours of painstaking mentoring.

James Banks for giving life to the flight dynamics.

Tom Zimmerman for many long hours of sounds testing.

SOH members beta test team.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004_AVRO 646 Sea Tutor.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Nigel,

Now time to see what improvements were made over the beta model

Ttfn

Pete

Many, many thanks again Nigel.
    Sorry, but I've only had the thing five minutes and I couldn't resist another bit of mixing and matching !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-apr-14-057.jpg   -2019-apr-14-054.jpg   -2019-apr-14-055.jpg   -2019-apr-14-056.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks Nigel! By the way you remind me to an uncle one of my friends had. Every time he came to visit my friend he brought amazing presents with him

It seems that every time you visit your friends here, you want to spoil us as well!
    But don't worry you are always welcome (and its really not necessary to bring presents every time )

Thanks again,
    Huub
    Thanks Huub.

LOL. Errrr...your friend's uncle wasn't a gentleman by the name of S. Claus, by any chance?...

I bring what I can to the party, even though it pains me that I cannot in my present situation donate that which I would wish.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    "YES!!! I can fly her"... he says. (from the movie of which the name escapes me). Didn't Indiana Jones' fishing buddy have an AVRO Sea Tutor waiting at the bottom of the hill as Indy came charging down, trying to escape the arrows and spears of the local natives? Well.. we have one now I reckon, and she's a beauty!

A special thanks to all involved, I know you have worked a long time to get the Tutor Series to the level of workmanship and quality that it is, well worth the wait mates! It has always been, and will always be a pleasure to work with you, Nigel!

Cheers -- BB686
    The pleasure is entirely mutual Tom, my friend :-)

"YES!!! of course I can fly -------- -------!!!
    Yup, love that movie too...AND that AWESOME Grumman Duck...
    Great pity it's already been sort of modeled.

1:20 secs into the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTxB2dUGNk

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Thanks Nigel,

Now time to see what improvements were made over the beta model

Ttfn

Pete
    Well, one thing's for sure - the package now includes your good old Dad's aircraft, Pete.
    Thanks for inspiring the 'RNAS Gosport' livery, matey.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    Many, many thanks again Nigel.
    Sorry, but I've only had the thing five minutes and I couldn't resist another bit of mixing and matching !!
    Love the combo livery, djs1!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post

ERM... seems that portion of the film has been blocked in the good ol' USA due to copyright content. Oh well... the memory is still pretty clear. Still, the Sea Tutor is second to none. You don't see this level of detail and artistry in a freeware release.

BB686

Blog Entries
    Hello Nigel,
    Your AVROs are a magnificent flightsim achievement. The modeling and artwork is splendid,
    and they all fly beautifully. My sincere thanks to you, and to your expert team members.
    Well done all.

John

P.S. the Sea Tutor package arrived just in time for this year's seaplane races
    on the Solent.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea Tutor.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	68575
    Archibald Fenwick-Ralston ("Fenny" to his friends) rounds a pylon in the
    class C Sportsman Class trials.

(Scenery from The Virtual Schneider Project by Ralph Pegram, Bob Hazeldine et al.
    available here at SOH.) http://www.sim-outhouse.net/toh/

Thank you for your hard work, she looks amazing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Hello Nigel,
    Your AVROs are a magnificent flightsim achievement. The modeling and artwork is splendid,
    and they all fly beautifully. My sincere thanks to you, and to your expert team members.
    Well done all.

John

P.S. the Sea Tutor package arrived just in time for this year's seaplane races
    on the Solent.

Archibald Fenwick-Ralston ("Fenny" to his friends) rounds a pylon in the
    class C Sportsman Class trials.

(Scenery from The Virtual Schneider Project by Ralph Pegram, Bob Hazeldine et al.
    available here at SOH.) http://www.sim-outhouse.net/toh/

On behalf of all involved: THANK YOU, John.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by assassinezzio View Post
    Thank you for your hard work, she looks amazing
    Many Thanks, assassinezzio - Have FUN!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Woot! And Woo-Hoooo!!!

I've been waiting eagerly for this one !!! Thanks Nigel !!!

Alas, I can't fly it yet. My computer upgrade that's been dragging along in dribs and drabs for well over a year is almost done, but the old FlightSim drive is no longer in the system and the new one, though on a new high sped drive, isn't yet rigged up to run. That awaits my techie friend's next day off, which might not be until the weekend. And there seems to be a brand new issue that affects the display and could be very serious. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I have downloaded the float Avro and will install it into my hangar. Then I'll just have to be patient until I have FS9 up and running and can fly it. Patience?! Bah!!!

Still, what a wonderful surprise to find after coming back from several days off line.

Tutor - gestation and birth

Very many thanks Nigel and his support force. In 1998 I saw a book published by Dorling and Kindersley - 'Visual Encyclopedia'. The cover, Front and Back was a lovely side-on view of a trainer yellow, Avro Tutor K3215. I bought the book and ever since have wondered if the Tutor would ever appear in FS2004. Like the Hurricane eclipsed by the Spitfire, the Tutor was always overshadowed by De Havilland's Moth. This float version is an even rarer beast in the FS world. Am sure there is already a clamour for the FSX version (if not already in the hangar).

Thanks again Nigel, I also live in an area which even the satellites and BT find hard to service (the download took all night). They say that the desire for an object grows in relation to the wait to acquire it. Well, we have waited and lusted, and are now sated. Beautiful models, beguiling sounds and lovely handling (this is an aircraft I am talking about - remember!)

'Best of British' to you.
    Mal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Woot! And Woo-Hoooo!!!

I've been waiting eagerly for this one !!! Thanks Nigel !!!

Alas, I can't fly it yet. My computer upgrade that's been dragging along in dribs and drabs for well over a year is almost done, but the old FlightSim drive is no longer in the system and the new one, though on a new high sped drive, isn't yet rigged up to run. That awaits my techie friend's next day off, which might not be until the weekend. And there seems to be a brand new issue that affects the display and could be very serious. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I have downloaded the float Avro and will install it into my hangar. Then I'll just have to be patient until I have FS9 up and running and can fly it. Patience?! Bah!!!

Still, what a wonderful surprise to find after coming back from several days off line.
    Ahoy there, Mick!!!

Mighty pleased you like the Sea Tutor - just so sorry that puter's still not up and running yet, my friend.
    I know how very frustrating that can be, I assure you.

Cheers to you, Mick!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Very many thanks Nigel and his support force. In 1998 I saw a book published by Dorling and Kindersley - 'Visual Encyclopedia'. The cover, Front and Back was a lovely side-on view of a trainer yellow, Avro Tutor K3215. I bought the book and ever since have wondered if the Tutor would ever appear in FS2004. Like the Hurricane eclipsed by the Spitfire, the Tutor was always overshadowed by De Havilland's Moth. This float version is an even rarer beast in the FS world. Am sure there is already a clamour for the FSX version (if not already in the hangar).

Thanks again Nigel, I also live in an area which even the satellites and BT find hard to service (the download took all night). They say that the desire for an object grows in relation to the wait to acquire it. Well, we have waited and lusted, and are now sated. Beautiful models, beguiling sounds and lovely handling (this is an aircraft I am talking about - remember!)

'Best of British' to you.
    Mal
    Many Thanks on behalf of all involved, Mal - just an awesome joy to see the fruits of our labour finally providing pleasure.

Yikes! That's one heck of an all night download :-)

I entiely agree, regarding those 'overshadowed' work horses...or unsung heroes, my friend.
    We have a fair list of such aircraft on our list - if we manage to do half of them, we'll have accomplished something worthwhile.

Warm Regards,
    Nigel

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Ahoy there, Mick!!!

Mighty pleased you like the Sea Tutor - just so sorry that puter's still not up and running yet, my friend.
    I know how very frustrating that can be, I assure you.
    Cheers to you, Mick!
    Hey Nigel,

Things are coming along. We've been dibbling and dabbling with a major upgrade for well over a year now, sometimes held back by secondary issues like finding brackets to mount the new drives, smaller than the traditional kind, in my box, sometimes by lack of free time or schedule conflicts, and sometimes just by laziness and procrastination.

Lately we got a jolt of stimulus by a crash that might have been caused by something new, or might just be an artifact of the death throes of the old system drive, the decline of which got the whole project started. The latest problem seems (seems...) to have gone away now that he new primary drive is on the job, but it's too soon to tell for sure. That remains a cause for serious concern. But...

The new FS drive should be all hooked up by my techie friend's next free evening or day off. We didn't get to it the other evening because it was getting late and we were getting tired. But soon... The float Avros are installed in my hangar (a separate drive from the FS drive) and ready to fly. Soon, soon...

Y'know you could always do the Mount Kyle paintjob Nigel,
    in the book it was a twin float spotter seaplane, the film producers swapped it to the Duck, because thats all they could find

Ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Y'know you could always do the Mount Kyle paintjob Nigel,
    in the book it was a twin float spotter seaplane, the film producers swapped it to the Duck, because thats all they could find

Ttfn

Pete
    You have a good point there, Pete...trouble is I don't trust myself in not going the whole hog and doing the Duck, and have done with it!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Or.. you could always paint Indy Jones' bipe floater, which may have been a Tutor in the film.

Swingman already modeled a Grumman Duck and I may have it with the Mount Kyle skin somewhere. You could always do a Duck if you want, Nigel... but me thinks you should stay the course, mate.

BB686

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Or.. you could always paint Indy Jones' bipe floater, which may have been a Tutor in the film.

Swingman already modeled a Grumman Duck and I may have it with the Mount Kyle skin somewhere. You could always do a Duck if you want, Nigel... but me thinks you should stay the course, mate.

BB686
    Nope, Indy's plane in The Last Crusade was a Stampe, apparently hacked about more than a little bit to depict something more military.

I have the Mount Kyle skin for Swingman's Duck. I don't know where I got it because I just looked and I didn't have a copy of the zip file in my backups. I wonder if I was careless and failed to save it, or if it came with the model, or with OBIO's un-mirrored version that should be in the library here.

Anyway, I have a backup copy now, just made it, and if anyone needs it you can grab a copy from my A-Drive:

https://www.adrive.com/public/MhNSNx/Murphy's%20Duck.zip

I wish I could credit the painter but I have no idea who painted it. (It might even have been me, but I don't think so.)

We have an excellent Duck, so let's leave Nigel to projects about planes we don't have.

(For example, a certain series of
    Vought biplane variants comes to mind...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Nope, Indy's plane in The Last Crusade was a Stampe, apparently hacked about more than a little bit to depict something more military.

I have the Mount Kyle skin for Swingman's Duck. I don't know where I got it because I just looked and I didn't have a copy of the zip file in my backups. I wonder if I was careless and failed to save it, or if it came with the model, or with OBIO's un-mirrored version that should be in the library here.

Anyway, I have a backup copy now, just made it, and if anyone needs it you can grab a copy from my A-Drive:

https://www.adrive.com/public/MhNSNx/Murphy's%20Duck.zip

I wish I could credit the painter but I have no idea who painted it. (It might even have been me, but I don't think so.)

We have an excellent Duck, so let's leave Nigel to projects about planes we don't have.

(For example, a certain series of
    Vought biplane variants comes to mind...)
    Have to agree that Swingman's Duck was fun.

Ahhh those Voughts... also have my eye on a rather neglected Vultee, and a certain Curtiss that more than pulled her weight in service, but was never the glamour girl star of aviation pundits.

Then there are those old Westland beasties, and of course the Hawker thoroughbreds that never quite received the 'treatment' for FSAnything...

Just sayin'...

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members who have read this thread: 1