Captain Sim 727

Thread: Captain Sim 727

Blog Entries

Captain Sim 727

Hello all,

Ever so rarely, I get bitten by the jetliner bug. Last time it bit in earnest, I bought the CS 737-200, and was a bit disappointed in how hard on frames I found it on my machine. I installed v2.8 last week, and it runs a bit smoother than v1.0 that I bought.

Which brings me to the 727. As a fan of rear-engine jetliners, I'm not sure why I've not yet sprung for the 727. So I'm thinking about it - but am wondering if someone can comment on the performance hit of the CS 727 vs the 737. I understand it's an older release, but am hoping that someone who has (had?) both can comment.

thanks,

dl

Forget about it working in P3D4. However in FSX the VC is outstanding and great systems to play with. When I was in FSX I merged the CS VC with the TDS exterior model which is better.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

CS Its Ups and Downs

Was reading your thread, CS 727 is no where near the frame hit that the 737-200 has. Both are an outstanding Aircraft. I own both. Anything above a Quad Core 3.0ghz., should easily run this with a good video care (dedicated of 1gb or higher), should get around a min., of 24fps. The VC Cockpits in both are outstanding for sure as mentioned above. Its very very sad that CS has NOT figured out a way to bump the aircraft they sell down to a decent frame hit rate. This has always been the case with them As I own most of CS aircraft as I do Love the VC Cockpits in them. FSX / or FSX-Steam with these aircraft or any CS aircraft is compatible, however forget P3D, its not happening with CS. More then likely never will. The flight dynamics, the VC, and 98% of the clickable buttons work in CS, they are one of the few that this happens with. Which is another reason why I do like them. Below are my specs to give you an idea, and I hope I've helped you with this.
    My system ; i7 4.4ghz , 2gb dedicated video, 16gb of ram, QW fps (757-200)="89fps", incomparison to the CS, same model,(757-200) it drops to 38fps. Just Flight 757-200, 102fps.
    hope these specs help you.
    Jim

I don't have the CS 737, but I do have the 727. I have always liked it, and there seems to be minimal frame rate impact compared to most other aircraft. In fact I have just reinstalled it recently and I have done a few flights of about 200NM in the 727 using Flyinside (VR) in P3DV3.4 and the performance was amazing.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I have used the CS 727 and 707 series extensively in FS2004, and upgraded versions in FSX Steam. IMHO, they both are about the best, most accurate tubeliners made and very good on frame rates with a decent system.
    As said before, the VC cockpits are superb and flying qualities/performance equally so.

I am only waiting with baited breath to see them released for P3D4.

I like the 707 a little better, but it's fuel system is a little more complex due to the number of tanks, so some switching needs to be done on long flights, but no big deal. Many superb freeware textures are available on line.

DL,
    I (like others) have the B707/B727/B737/B757/B767/B777 running in FSX and P3D3 with absolutely no trouble at all.
    My first FS2004 additions were the 707 and 727, I'm really grumpy with CS for dicking around and apparently ignoring P3D4 but that's their loss.
    I should qualify that by adding the B777 as being a bit of a pain in P3D3 but that's another story.
    FYI: I rarely bother with FSX as most additions seem to work in P3D3, it's become my ersatz 'FSX'.
    Frame rates have never been an issue except for a minor fall in really heavy weather or flying out of a particularly densely populated airport with masses of AI.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Thanks gents.

A bit off topic, but what about the performance of the CS L-1011 vs that of the 737? It’s my understanding that it too is easier on frames than their 737-200. Is that indeed the case?

Thx,

DL

Members who have read this thread: 1