Temporary FPS fix on P3D 4.5... your mileage may vary...

Thread: Temporary FPS fix on P3D 4.5... your mileage may vary...

Temporary FPS fix on P3D 4.5... your mileage may vary...

Welp, the FPS cure on 4.5... is to take the client back to 4.4. leave the content and scenery at 4.5. Works just fine. Got my FPS back no problem and everything else seems to work fine including upgrades from other 3rd parties. Im staying just like this until 5.0 comes out or LM release a build that is an improvement on 4.5 as released.

Warning... this works for ME. Make your own decisions men!

Something's amiss with some system configurations for sure, because I'm seeing dramatically better FPS in 4.5 than I was in 4.4. VR is finally silky smooth around Seattle with OrbX PNW installed, which has never been the case.

I wonder if a full uninstall (which I did, but didn't deactivate, so all my stuff was in place after the reinstall) and a deletion of the shader folder might help if you're having FPS issues.

No doubt different systems will respond differently. I did the individual install for client, content and scenery with increase in FPS. The increase isn't dramatic but very nice to see. P3D gets better with each update.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I had no FPS problems with the V4.5 update.
    Greg :USA-flag:

The same, no any fps hit with 4.5.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Something's amiss with some system configurations for sure, because I'm seeing dramatically better FPS in 4.5 than I was in 4.4. VR is finally silky smooth around Seattle with OrbX PNW installed, which has never been the case.

I wonder if a full uninstall (which I did, but didn't deactivate, so all my stuff was in place after the reinstall) and a deletion of the shader folder might help if you're having FPS issues.
    What exactly was left in place after a full uninstall with not deactivating? (scenery.cfg/aircraft/etc?)

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    What exactly was left in place after a full uninstall with not deactivating? (scenery.cfg/aircraft/etc?)
    Everything: Once I reinstalled, all my add-ons were in place, settings retained, etc.

All I had to do was update ActiveSky and re-run the FTX Central airport exclude, and everything was as I had it in 4.4.

Hi all , about FPS in vers. 4.5 , i noticed that GA planes disturb my FPS , so i lower the slide to 10% and it gets much better !!!

In my high end addons with all sliders maxed, I am getting a very stable 25 to 32 FPS in the VC and 50 to 60 external. With 4.4, it was a slide show no matter what I tried.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The patch incoming for FPS drop:
    https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...196776#p196776
    Next few weeks (perhaps).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi , about FPS in 4.5 , turn of Dynamic Lightning until the fix is coming , helped me alot

The only area where I've had things slow to a crawl have been in dirty weather over True Earth England South and The Netherlands.
    I did actually have a BSOD (again in dirty weather) over Aerosoft's UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo with the TFDi Design Boeing B-717-200 but that seems to be something of a resource hog.
    Must be time for my new build!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

My two cents here:P3Dv4.5 full install... keeping in mind that I typically fly over large photoreal sceneries (like BlueSky) the impression I have is a smoother frame rate and even sharper textures (photoreal texture rendering was already improved in v4.4).Better frame rates in VR too...but I see an annoying "blur" effect which is hard to explain... All in all, on my system, no significant issues to report - everything seems fine.

I’ve just updated to 4.5. After a couple of flights, no issues to report. FPS, smoothness seem slightly better.
    I think it seems to be working my video card a little harder, GPU temperatures appear slightly higher than with 4.4. My imagination or can anyone else confirm?
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

I just updated to 4.5 two days ago. Complete reinstall using Windows uninstall full program, (but NOT deleting the info folders left behind, as these contain all your add-on info,) and reinstall using all individual components downloaded to a single folder. All add-ons still in place, and seem to be available. Only 1 flight so far, testing and allowing system to reload shaders. I did empty the shaders folder in (my) AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders. I started my flight at KSFO in Milton's just released FSX Native conversion of his Most Excellent Howard 500, taking a short flight to Travis AFB. I have Megascenery's latest California photoscenery updates, along with ORBX and FS Genesis mesh. I noticed a little stuttering as I got airborne, but that quickly went away. I don't track my frames, just enjoy the flight. I know some stuff goes on in the background on my rig, and it occasionally causes a few stutters, my fault for not turning everything off. But overall, v4.5 looked very good.

I need to run the latest release of AI Traffic Patcher, aittp_v2_0.zip by Jorge Buchelli, available at AvSim.com.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0