Avanced Animations Project for CFS3 Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avanced Animations Project for CFS3 Review

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Avanced Animations Project for CFS3 Review

Been testing the Advanced Animations addon by Rramjet and can report that it is a outstanding addition for CFS3. Adds more immersion and changes the look and feel of the ETO expansion. All the different pilots, screen shot angles,crates and ammo boxes,and much much more. It's a large download at around 1 gig,but well worth it. A big step forward for something new for CFS3. Found absolutely no problems with the addon and installation is easy. I highly recommend this addon for the ETO expansion as it adds a little more immersion to the sim and is a nice change for the better. Outstanding work Rramjet ! Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi, has this been uploaded?

thanks for the kind words sixstrings , no this is not uploaded yet im trying to get some of the people involved with the development of the ETO to try the addon out so if you have a credit pm me I will give you a link to the download so you can try it . what im hoping for is a official update to the eto a 1.6 if you will . If that's not possible then let me know and I will just release it and whoever wants it can have it. thanks again six hope you enjoy it. BTW have you come across the Tuskegee airmen ? I painted 3 black pilots and hooked them up to a variation so when you fly a redtails aircraft 3 pilots show up archer ,temple and brown all non flyable but I cut a set of animation X files and put them on the airfield.

Blog Entries
    Didn't know that about the Tuskegee airmen. Awesome! Really been enjoying your add on. Thanks for all your time and effort you put into this. Regards,Scott

fly p51d 100 1945 < default Tuskegee aircraft

american pilot yeager

kenley any era

the airmen will show up after you fly

I somehow feel that there is unlikely to be an all round ETO update. AFAIK most people are working on various aircraft (or in my case airbases!) but no overall co ordination. I would upload it here and maybe elsewhere such as SimHQ. Having tried it I must also say it is an excellent improvement. I don't want to put more work on you, but having seen you already have 2 figures and you are thinking of aircraft specific pilots, are 3-8 figures possible if tied to various bombers? Forget it if a biggie! Also are we limited to boxes as opposed to say a stationary truck or jeep?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for the link, Rramjet. I will report back when I get a chance to test it!

Thanks, it works perfectly. I installed it using JSGME, and was able to switch it on and off repeatedly without CFS3 even missing a beat.

The Temple University reference on the seat pack is a nice detail. Too bad the cockpit character doesn't switch as well. Would adding a new pilot as Lee "Buddy" Archer be possible?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Thanks, it works perfectly. I installed it using JSGME, and was able to switch it on and off repeatedly without CFS3 even missing a beat.

The Temple University reference on the seat pack is a nice detail. Too bad the cockpit character doesn't switch as well. Would adding a new pilot as Lee "Buddy" Archer be possible?

There are 5 non flyable pilots just animation if you notice bud Anderson and bob Hoover are there with chuck yeager and I put yeagers face on,I think it looks like Yeager.all that has to be done to make them flyable is they have to be added to the country.xml and the unlimitedpilots.xml with the biographies
    Last edited by Rramjet; April 13th, 2019 at 04:54. Reason: Add more

Fly America pick a b17 a eto stock one and I have a shot inside the aircraft at what is i guess the radio operators station

a b24 makes it all make sense
    Last edited by Rramjet; April 13th, 2019 at 05:39. Reason: Add more

Chuck Yeager , Bud Anderson and Bob Hoover

Roscoe Brown , Lee Archer and Ira Temple
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tusk.jpg   yeager.jpg  

I like it! These new features really stand out after seeing the same old things all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rramjet View Post
    Fly America pick a b17 a eto stock one and I have a shot inside the aircraft at what is i guess the radio operators station

a b24 makes it all make sense
    You sort of lost me here. I only see people from the outside; none from the inside. not even a co pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    You sort of lost me here. I only see people from the outside; none from the inside. not even a co pilot.
    I only had the stock aircraft that came with the ETO 1.5 so all the variations kick in with the stock aircraft fly one of the stock b17 to see it and american

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post

Hi Major,

ETO has a selectable Archer pilot in the USA slot that you will see in the cockpit in flight.

regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tusk.jpg   archer.jpg  
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Major,

ETO has a selectable Archer pilot in the USA slot that you will see in the cockpit in flight.

regards Rob.

Hi Capt. Winters , I found the problem the unlimitedpilots.xml has archer #67 pilot but the country.xml only goes to #66 so we have a tab in the pilot list and we can select him and see the info but he wont show up untill I get # 67 in the country.xml .. can you get that to me?

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Capt. Winters , I found the problem the unlimitedpilots.xml has archer #67 pilot but the country.xml only goes to #66 so we have a tab in the pilot list and we can select him and see the info but he wont show up untill I get # 67 in the country.xml .. can you get that to me?

You have PM.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

its not you I found the problem and it has been fixed .

thanks Rramjet

Can't wait for release

This new animation looks great will give cfs3 & eto a new dimension, look forward to it's release.

its not you I found the problem and it has been fixed .

thanks Rramjet
    I take it not uploaded yet. No hurry; just checking!

I take it not uploaded yet. No hurry; just checking!

Hi mongoose , if you go to a airfield with a_pregame_1 it has the variation for the b17 2 and 3 did not so im putting the b 17 variation on them , USAAF-Alconbury ,USAAF-Chipping-Ongar, most of the usaaf airfields are pregame 1 . I never changed what airfield received what pregame but I changed the pregames.

look for the sim name of the non stock b17s you have and let me know and I will add them to the b17 variation but it has to be the sim name .

thanks Rramjet

Blog Entries
    Hey Rramjet,could you send me the latest update. Just PM me.

Hi mongoose , if you go to a airfield with a_pregame_1 it has the variation for the b17 2 and 3 did not so im putting the b 17 variation on them , USAAF-Alconbury ,USAAF-Chipping-Ongar, most of the usaaf airfields are pregame 1 . I never changed what airfield received what pregame but I changed the pregames.

look for the sim name of the non stock b17s you have and let me know and I will add them to the b17 variation but it has to be the sim name .

thanks Rramjet
    So one can just add them to the a_pregame_1 under <KeyObject Name=xxxxx ?

What decides which pregame file you choose for what aircraft and airbase? For instance if I add an airbase to the cutscenes file for, say the Luftwaffe. do I choose a specific pregame file and make sure the aircraft I want to use that airbase are listed?

I also note a lot of xxx_pregamex.X files. What are they?

In any case the B17s I have which are not in a_pregame_1 that I have are

AvH_B-17G-80_001
    AvH_B-17G-80_003
    plus some FirePower ones.

So one can just add them to the a_pregame_1 under <KeyObject Name=xxxxx ?

What decides which pregame file you choose for what aircraft and airbase? For instance if I add an airbase to the cutscenes file for, say the Luftwaffe. do I choose a specific pregame file and make sure the aircraft I want to use that airbase are listed?

I also note a lot of xxx_pregamex.X files. What are they?

In any case the B17s I have which are not in a_pregame_1 that I have are

AvH_B-17G-80_001
    AvH_B-17G-80_003
    plus some FirePower ones.

yes you got it just add the sim name of the aircraft to
    <KeyObject Name=xxxxx and that aircraft will play that set of shots.

I had to make a set of animation files so you can see the pilot on the airfield

a_pregame_.x is pilot walker
    aa_pregame.x is pilot Chuck Yeager
    ab_pregame.x is pilot Bud Anderson
    ac_pregame.x is pilot Bob Hoover
    aaa_pregame.x is pilot Lee Archer
    aab_pregame.x is pilot Roscoe Brown
    aac_pregame.x is pilot Ira Temple

the cutscenes.xml determines what airfield gets what pregame and all there is pregame 1 , 2 and 3 but you can get very custom in the cutscenes, im working on a custom pregame for kenley airbace that takes you all around Kenley in the hangers to the outer reaches and when its done I will allow the countries that were stationed at Kenley during the war access, the others will play pregame 2 as usual.

yes you got it just add the sim name of the aircraft to
    <KeyObject Name=xxxxx and that aircraft will play that set of shots.

I had to make a set of animation files so you can see the pilot on the airfield

a_pregame_.x is pilot walker
    aa_pregame.x is pilot Chuck Yeager
    ab_pregame.x is pilot Bud Anderson
    ac_pregame.x is pilot Bob Hoover
    aaa_pregame.x is pilot Lee Archer
    aab_pregame.x is pilot Roscoe Brown
    aac_pregame.x is pilot Ira Temple

the cutscenes.xml determines what airfield gets what pregame and all there is pregame 1 , 2 and 3 but you can get very custom in the cutscenes, im working on a custom pregame for kenley airbace that takes you all around Kenley in the hangers to the outer reaches and when its done I will allow the countries that were stationed at Kenley during the war access, the others will play pregame 2 as usual.

So the xx_pregamex.X files realte to specific pilots. I note these are all US ones. How do you know which are which? I assume soem app opens the.Xfiles?

Members who have read this thread: 2