Avanced Animations Project for CFS3 Review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avanced Animations Project for CFS3 Review

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    So the xx_pregamex.X files realte to specific pilots. I note these are all US ones. How do you know which are which? I assume soem app opens the.Xfiles?

I gave ave each country a letter code

a = America

As for remembering which is which I wrote it on a pice of paper

i use use a hex editor

7 .X files all have multiple edit

i plan on putting together a tutorial on editing the .x files but I want to get this first one out . I want to help all the other people who have projects, eto Bob pacific they all need better animation.

Animations Project

Iv`e downloaded the file and installed,all seems good,i`ll fly some missions and campaigns later today and report back.

alcanallen.

Upload of advanced animations

Hi SOH members was very interested in the advanced animations and as to when is it being uploaded or is it still in development.

Regards Gary

Quote Originally Posted by garykidman View Post
    Hi SOH members was very interested in the advanced animations and as to when is it being uploaded or is it still in development.

Regards Gary

Hi Gary, as far as i know they work the few people i gave them to only a cupple talked to me so i dont know if they tried them or not. It seems capt winters is having a problem with his install.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Rramjet, I agree with Gary, a lot of people will enjoy this package . From what Capt Winters was saying, the package works well his problems were caused by something else. I have downloaded your package but unfortunately I have not been able to spend much time at all in the CFS3 world recently. I'm really looking forward to installing and reporting back but not sure when this will happen.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Installed update and i can say it is fantastic ! No issues so far in testing. Adds so much to CFS3 that i'm sure others will greatly enjoy your work. Cheers,Scott

Blog Entries
    The new airbase camera views-(Kenley), are outstanding and the new "death" crash scenes are really great. Thanks for the diversity of the Luftwaffe pilots. All this and more add a lot to the look and feel of CFS3. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    The new airbase camera views-(Kenley), are outstanding and the new "death" crash scenes are really great. Thanks for the diversity of the Luftwaffe pilots. All this and more add a lot to the look and feel of CFS3. Regards,Scott
    Thanks Sixstrings Kenley is a work in progress hope to have the animations out at the table by the dispersal huts and in a hanger or two. I like the death camera, with the addition of the extra camera shot in it shows just that little bit extra. I'm kind of hoping some of the aircraft modelers will pick up on this and make really good wreckage for us to see... now that we can see it.

Rramjet

Sorry im new with this one @Ramjet and don't have the files yet so i can't tell what it is
    What's new with this advanced animations project? new pilot model? are there any explaination for this advanced stuff...features etc?

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    Sorry im new with this one @Ramjet and don't have the files yet so i can't tell what it is
    What's new with this advanced animations project? new pilot model? are there any explaination for this advanced stuff...features etc?
    the animations in the eto ar linked back onto a few fictitious pilots and the animations on the field (the Pregames each country has 3 of them ) were all linked to the brits ,Americans or the Germans now each country has a independent set of animations each pilot has his or her own model and texture file so when you fly Chuck Yeager he's your model now instead of j bolt . I also improved the pregames themselves adding many shots to the pregame . the normal one has 6 shots the ones I have are over 20 different multiple variations .

So this advanced animations is focusing on pilots stuff..replacing the old model right? that's great !! that's what cfs3 needs! good planes model without propper pilot model seems the problem for a good screenshots & immersion
    Anyway are we gonna see a pilot model for usaaf bomber planes? with visor hat? i would love to see that and many thanks for your hardwork Rramjet !!and please keep updating your works with pics if possible...Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    So this advanced animations is focusing on pilots stuff..replacing the old model right? that's great !! that's what cfs3 needs! good planes model without propper pilot model seems the problem for a good screenshots & immersion
    Anyway are we gonna see a pilot model for usaaf bomber planes? with visor hat? i would love to see that and many thanks for your hardwork Rramjet !!and please keep updating your works with pics if possible...Thank you !!

don't miss understand I haven't made any new pilots I have made individual pilots and given them different uniforms but still same models .

Quote Originally Posted by Rramjet View Post
    the animations in the eto ar linked back onto a few fictitious pilots and the animations on the field (the Pregames each country has 3 of them ) were all linked to the brits ,Americans or the Germans now each country has a independent set of animations each pilot has his or her own model and texture file so when you fly Chuck Yeager he's your model now instead of j bolt . I also improved the pregames themselves adding many shots to the pregame . the normal one has 6 shots the ones I have are over 20 different multiple variations .
    Ah i got it..i only read the "bold line" and thought it was also a new look in flight pilot model

SOH-CM-2020

All good in ETO

I installed your impressive package into my (presumably stock) ETO v 1.50 last night. I checked the three root files (cutscenes, unlimited pilots, country.xml) against my existing files using Winmerge. There were no obvious problems. There was also nothing indicating a need to be in a specific era, because of the files involved.

So I copied over and overwrote existing files (smacks back of hand). Then I ran ETO, after deleting all bdps, and it hung so I exited. Tried again using the cfs3.exe file in the ETO install, and all was sweet. Great package! Great to have a new look. I took the time to tweak the meshbuilderbudgets as well, and the whole thing feels slick and its hard to believe how good a freeware, volunteer-driven package can look. I might have to have an ETO phase (again) after too much testing in stock and MAW theatres.

Blog Entries
    Been continuing with testing and all is well. One of the best addons yet this year. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us later ! Hope you can get help with new pilot models as this would kick it up a notch. Very good work. Thank you for your time a effort. Regards,Scott Oh,and by the way,my ETO install is heavily modded and it had no effect with your work.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Been continuing with testing and all is well. One of the best addons yet this year. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us later ! Hope you can get help with new pilot models as this would kick it up a notch. Very good work. Thank you for your time a effort. Regards,Scott Oh,and by the way,my ETO install is heavily modded and it had no effect with your work.
    Glad to hear your enjoying it . im working on the final cuts of the pregames I have the british and American (and their associated country's ) pregames 1&2 close to being done and im going to send them to you very soon to test and all im going to say is the first time my kids saw some of the shots their jaws hit the ground. I cant wait for you to see them.i still have the entire german stuff to do so its going to just a little bit longer till my part is done then its up to the ETO powers that be to get all historical on the pilots I have given them complete autonomy over the textures so when that's done , I'm not rushing them my stuff will only get better with time .

Give me a few days and I will have something to test.

Regards

Rramjet

Blog Entries

WOW!!!

Been testing your latest animations and all i can say is WOW ! Jaw dropping to say the least ! Never thought this was possible but it is. Very immersive and adds so much to the to and feel of the ETO expansion. Keep it up . Great work so far. Can't wait for the Luftwaffe side ! New pilot models would be a fantastic addition in the future. I hope you get the help needed for this to happen. Thanks for letting me test. It's like Christmas in the spring time ! Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Being able to look around inside and outside a B-24 is cool. I hope you can do this across the board as it a big change in immersion .Has anyone else testing enjoyed this new update ? Regards,Scott

Any chance I can get a copy of this work? I'm redoing my Battle of Britain mission set and I'd love to use this in my project!
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Hi everybody - now that winter is setting in for my part of the country I will have more time for things like cfs3.

Is there an update regarding this project? I would love to try it out.

Did this ever get finished enough to publish?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Been wondering myself. A very neat package and immersive. Still enjoying it. Regards,Scott

Upload?

I can't seem to find where this was uploaded.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Well, I found my copy so one can get it here

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7k1yr...tions.rar/file

Text from Ramjet who's work it is.

This is a cleaned up version its a smaller download but there is more in it. The missing b17 variation is there but you have to be a American pilot . Could you install your firepower b17 into the variation and test. If you Fly as a British Pilot and select Kenley any era I have a custom pregame for that airfield , I take you all around in the hangers the perimeter out to the bus stop and more so give it a watch . I also added a extra camera shot to the death cam so try and crash let me know if you like the new death sequence. I'm hoping it will inspire the modelers to make better wreckage models now that we can see it .

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    I'm using an earlier version of Rramjet's work in ETO1.5. It represents a unique and important contribution to CFS3 addons. It is right up there with Ankor's shaders as one of the "must have" addons for CFS3. In some ways it is a shame there isn't a more generic version for other installs like PTO Solomons and the Modified Stock V1.2.

It would be nice to hear from Rramjet, his skills are missed.

Members who have read this thread: 2