We need to get our feet wet!

Regards,
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Any news on Nigel's Avro?
    We need to get our feet wet!

Regards,
    Robin
    Nigel is still working on the Avro Project AFAIK... He has a tendency to drop off the radar now and then but I know he wants to get the float version up and running soon. There are some rumblings over in the FSX Forum about his progress so far on that version: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-a-little-peek

Hopefully, the FS9 version will follow...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members +
    Thanks, I saw the posting & pictures in the FSX forum.

I'm sure we are all waiting, with anticipation.

Regards,
    Robin

Thanks, I saw the posting & pictures in the FSX forum.

I'm sure we are all waiting, with anticipation.

Regards,
    Robin
    He's hammering away in the workshop. I've been staring at the detail on these models, and I think there are very few who can match the level that Nigel's creating, and still have anything approaching workable frame-rates. I'm running an eight year old machine, and the Avro's run like silk for me.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture_694_09042019_130520.jpg   capture_692_09042019_130309.jpg   capture_695_09042019_130531.jpg  

...Really....this is museum quality work......

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture_699_09042019_130716.jpg   capture_892_09042019_212716.jpg   capture_696_09042019_130558.jpg  

....And the more I think about it, the more suspicious I become that Nigel actually has a real Avro 621 hidden away in his barn.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture_921_09042019_213158.jpg   capture_899_09042019_212842.jpg   capture_895_09042019_212801.jpg  

...I mean....how else can it be.....look at the detail and the texture work......My jaw hurts from dropping to the floor....again & again & again...!!!

...Just amazing...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture_936_09042019_213804.jpg   capture_943_09042019_213856.jpg   capture_931_09042019_213639.jpg  

Beautiful images Magoo and I full with your remarks. The AVRO models are absolutely stunning and the level of detailing is incredible.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    For once, words actually fail to express how stunning these images are.

I'm completely flabbergasted about this man's work. Those details!! What an artist!! And that he wants to share this with us flightsimmers.... What a joy!!

hertzie.

Just so weepingly good....

....I'm also suing him, as like you Magoo, my jaw is just about broken...from seeing his latest work....

If it wasn't free, what would people pay for this aircraft and level of excellence?!!

Shessi

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Nigel is simply amazing ! He has done a lot of work with CFS3 and we appreciate all his work. He is truly a master at what he does ! This aircraft is stunning ! Regards,Scott

Superb shots, Magoo... are you sure that really isn't a real AVRO 621? Looking at the amazing detail is one thing , "But can you fly her??" Flying the model in the sim is nothing short of absolute bliss! Stay tuned, Sixstrings... rumor has it Nigel is hiding a Spitfire or a Seafury in that barn as well.

BB686

And credit where credit is due, if it wasn't for Magoo's black arts with the air file, it wouldn't fly as nice.

Oh sure I can work out how to make a real plane fly, and where its C of G is, but converting that knowledge to how fs interprets it.. well thats all down to Magoo.

Ttfn

Pete

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree; Magoo's flight models are simply nothing less than sheer inspired magic!
    "bliss in the air" as Tom rightly reminds us - he should know, after all those hours of testing the sound sets.

Infact, none of this would have come to fruition without the enthusiasm, diligence and sheer effort from the whole team, least of all, Pete!

Now, to avoid a horrific lawsuit for unintended grevious bodily harm towards Shessi , provide some quality FUN Easter flying,...AND finally make room for other things "lurking in his barn"...

I'll be uploading the AVRO 646 Sea Tutor packages (Fs2004 and FSX native) today for your pleasure :-)

STUNNING screenshots, Magoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Members +
    What a weekend, with the release of the Avro as well as Milton's Howard 350!

Many thanks, guys.

What a weekend, with the release of the Avro as well as Milton's Howard 350!

Many thanks, guys.
    Indeed! And don't forget the complete fleet of Messerschmitts by Team Daedalus.

Its has been a another great weekend for FS2004!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    And don't forget the complete fleet of Messerschmitts by Team Daedalus.

Its has been a another great weekend for FS2004!

Cheers,
    Huub
    Those Messerschmitts IMO, are some of the most extensively researched and accurately replicated freeware models out there. They are well worth a look, if you're looking for historically correct WWII German aircraft. I loaded one of the G-10's up and had a go, and according to all of the documentation and resources I have on the real G-10 aircraft, Team Daedalus hit the preverbal "nail on the head" within the limits of FS.

Us FS9ers are lucky to have folks like Milton, Nigel, Team Daedalus, Shessi, Chris Lampaird. and a host of others who still give us exceptional freeware for our sim.

BB686

Members +
    This really shows that, thanks to freeware developers, FS2004, now 16 years old, is still a viable & beloved sim.

Thanks to all past & present developers that have not given up on us!

Congratulations to Nigel, what else can one add??

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttles View Post
    Congratulations to Nigel, what else can one add??
    Much appreciated, Cuttles - Thank YOU, Sir!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Members who have read this thread: 0