Oshkosh HD vid

Thread: Oshkosh HD vid

Oshkosh HD vid

Dunno how you all feel about it - but I can watch this kinda thing all day long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8NCw_FVJXM
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post

What a takeoff from the KC-10!! I really like sitting watching arrivals the Sunday before the show. There's a nice line on the south side of 9-27 in the north 40 but Chester V's is better if 27 is being used and warbirds are inbound! It is pretty close to the end of the runway and in line with it. (Got bounced by Randy Ball's MiG-17 a few years back while eating on the upper deck there!)

It’s hgh on my to-do list getting to this event...one of these days
    enter..the Sandman

I love these videos and always watch them. Don't forget the STOL competition videos as well.

I will add that to my list, Sundog -

Watching these it is surprising how many of the aircraft types we have available in FSX (P3D) thanks to all the 3rd part developers!

Seems to me there was a friendly bush pilot competition that involved power off landings from the downwind / base end of the pattern. The pilot had to know his aircraft's glide ratio and have the altitude and flap settings nailed - and any added power from idle once the landing was commenced was a DQ.. or did I dream it..
    enter..the Sandman

It is fun heywooood, but if you get too ambitious and try to pack too much into a week you'll need a vacation from your vacation!! Feel free to message me if you come. It would be fun to meet someone from the forum!

I'll keep it in mind if it comes to it, because it would be good to meet some of the people I spend practically every day talking to..lol
    enter..the Sandman

meanwhile - has anyone taken the power-off 180 deg. landing on a carrier challenge yet? either in Piglets Skyraider or Dino's T-45...
    enter..the Sandman

meanwhile - has anyone taken the power-off 180 deg. landing on a carrier challenge yet? either in Piglets Skyraider or Dino's T-45...
    Heck, I'll try that in an A3D. I may crash and burn, but I'll try it!

Absolutely Wonderful !! Enjoyed that mucho, thanks a lot, Heywooood !

Often been thinking about why don't we have video's like this from our virtual flightsim world. I mean, why not, right !!??..... ( most FS vids featuring complete flights i usually find kinda boring..)

I might have an idea about 'why not'.... There's just no default 'aircraft spotter' camera view available. Not in FSII and still not even in P3D ! Unbelievable really, isn't ..... It's just about all what aviation enthusiasts can do in the real world.

Active Camera had such a view mode, and a really fantastic one at that ( in Replay mode during final approach, from within the VC you could just click a point along the runway and you'd be transported there instantly ! ). Alas the dev gave up on it with FSX. I do happen to have such an 'aircraft spotter' view mode but ever since P3Dv4.3 it works only very cumbersome. So, i *could* make such a video sporting virtual Oshkosh during rush hour. I just have no time...

Not on a carrier but i did lots of those at airports with various (smaller) aircraft. Great fun and became pretty good at it. For years i just don't do that anymore, dunno why, great pity actually.... ( just like i never use my real Jeppesen Terminal Charts anymore..... ever since FSNav..... Spoilsport really..... )

Hi Jan,
    I agree I think it would be fun to do a ‘fly-in’ in FSX (sorry - no P3D here) and had the thought that the painters would get the most fun out of it, showing up in their wildest personal best rides.
    Nothing fancy - just circuits and bumps while it all gets captured on a vid..

the power-off 180 landings are lots of fun no matter what - lately its all I want to do
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 0