P3D V4.5 Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P3D V4.5 Released

Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Thanks for the info.
    I've read the list of fixes and improvements and it's quite long, including some performances stuff.
    I won't install that update until other addons are updated/compatible though (TacPack etc...)

Jeepers! Already? Seems like I just upgraded to 4.4.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Semi stupid question

from 4.4-->4.5

Thats an update-->planes-->Scenerys stay

or

Install new all add ons ?

Thanks for an comprehensive answer

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Semi stupid question

from 4.4-->4.5

Thats an update-->planes-->Scenerys stay

or

Install new all add ons ?

Thanks for an comprehensive answer

Roland
    I just took a look at the update list and there were a number of bug fixes for the scenery and aircraft, enough that I am going to download the whole thing, which I normally do anyways.

But I did not see any new flyable aircraft or airports listed in the update. At some point I really wish they would update there airports, it's still pretty much the same airport database from FSX in 2006.

Currently by 4.4 install has gotten a little unstable and I am going to take this as an opportunity to clean everything out and start again. It's just going to be a pain to re-install those addons (milviz, etc) that don't work properly when installed outside the main folder. But I will definitely wait until ORBX and ActiveSky are ready.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Oh, sure, I just switched my install for P3D over the weekend and now that I've finished verifying all of my Orbx installs, they release this! I suppose I'll only have to install the client though.

It looks like mostly PBR and VR additions/fixes. However, it does note that the F-16 should always be shown with wingtip rails now.

I never got 4.4 to run right and I have a fairly hot rig to run it. My FPS with addons was simply awful and I could never find a solution which for me was odd because there are guys with older lower end rigs and gpu's than I have who were getting excellent FPS performance. I may give this a try and see what happens. I'm going to copy 4.3 and the addons over to a storage drive and then clear it completely out and start fresh. It is works, that's a hurdle overcome, if not, I guess I will stay behind on 4.3 for a bit and maybe migrate over toe XP-11 for my GA & Commercial stuff (which I rarely touch outside DCS nowadays).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just uninstalled 4.4 Client only, and installed 4.5 Client. All works ok. But is it worthwhile to uninstall/reinstall the Scenery and Content as well? NC

In a totally surprise!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Just uninstalled 4.4 Client only, and installed 4.5 Client. All works ok. But is it worthwhile to uninstall/reinstall the Scenery and Content as well? NC

How's Tacpack working, Chief? Previous P3Dv4 updates always seemed to break it.

As for V4 Content and Scenery upgrades, they've always been optional, although some people on the AVSim thread are saying the Content
    update seems required this time to get some of the fixes in the Client to work. I usually always update Content with Client anyway myself.
    The Content update hasn't broken any of my third party planes or scenery in the past.

If you update the v4 Scenery, you will need to "verify files" for Otbx FTX Global and Orbx HD trees, if you have those (the v4 scenery update
    will overwrite them). You may also need to re-run Vector AEC (I usually do).

-RobM

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    How's Tacpack working, Chief? Previous P3Dv4 updates always seemed to break it.

As for V4 Content and Scenery upgrades, they've always been optional, although some people on the AVSim thread are saying the Content
    update seems required this time to get some of the fixes in the Client to work. I usually always update Content with Client anyway myself.
    The Content update hasn't broken any of my third party planes or scenery in the past.

If you update the v4 Scenery, you will need to "verify files" for Otbx FTX Global and Orbx HD trees, if you have those (the v4 scenery update
    will overwrite them). You may also need to re-run Vector AEC (I usually do).

-RobM
    Thanks for the tips, Rob! Crossing fingers, no problems! NC

Sounds good, I'll give the 4.5 Client and Content a try. I guess if there's any big problems, I can always roll back to 4.4.

Thanks - Rob

Sounds good, I'll give the 4.5 Client and Content a try. I guess if there's any big problems, I can always roll back to 4.4.

Thanks - Rob
    I forgot to answer your initial question about TacPack. To be honest, I didn't even try it as in the past it always breaks when a update is installed. I haven't even checked their forum! But, after uninstalling/reinstalling Content & Scenery, all seems fine so far. I have yet to reinstall Orbx sceneries though. Enough for one day. Don't want to jinx myself. NC

And, just as I expected, TP is broke, AGAIN. Surprise, surprise. Never fails. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TP error.jpg  

I took the plunge, did the uninstall/reinstall of Client, Content, and Scenery, FPS is very stable BUT my Ezdok 2 was useless despite me updating to the latest version of version 2 so I upgraded the all new version 3, no joy, all kinds of errors. Also noticed the HUD on my PMDG 737 NGX doesn't work now, my FlytheDaddog 64bit version won't run, getting a message that the model won't run without simconnect 4.4. Where do I get that version? This is what I hate about these upgrades that LM keeps throwing out, the end users and developers have to jump through all these hoops to get things back up and running again.

Hopefully everything will be back up to speed soon or I guess I will AGAIN revert back to 4,3. XP-11 is looking more and more attractive every day...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And, just as I expected, TP is broke, AGAIN. Surprise, surprise
    Its not surprise, TacPack needs ALWAYS core update also for the new version of P3D. Perhaps few weeks....

How about FSUIPC, Active Sky, ORBX, REX, PTA, Chaseplane .... someone check it yet?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Exactly why I gave up on CrapPack several versions ago.
    Never felt it was worth paying and paying and paying for...............ad infinitum.
    Always behind the development curve.

And, just as I expected, TP is broke, AGAIN. Surprise, surprise. Never fails. NC

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Its not surprise, TacPack needs ALWAYS core update also for the new version of P3D. Perhaps few weeks....

How about FSUIPC, Active Sky, ORBX, REX, PTA, Chaseplane .... someone check it yet?
    Hi
    read on Orbx fóruns that their products will work ok...that was my main and only concern…
    Regards

Orbx, FSUIPC and PMDG are already v4.5 compatible. I believe that’s the case with Active Sky as well. EZCA V3 compatibility is promised today or tomorrow. The strategy of waiting a week to allow things to sort themselves out, may not be unwise. Longer, only if needed for a specific developer.

While upgrading can cause heartburn, but it is the only way to keep improving the sim. The biggest reason I left FSX behind was stagnation... so as with everything, it is what it is.

Best- C

Quoting Cavaricooper
    "While upgrading can cause heartburn, but it is the only way to keep improving the sim. The biggest reason I left FSX behind was stagnation... so as with everything, it is what it is.

Best- C "

200% Agree...

I was not looking forward to reinstalling ORBX TrueEarth Great Britain or The Netherlands so nice to know ORBX is compatible!
    However, I agree that a measured approach is the best way to go, I can wait a few weeks to avoid any angst.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I just asked this on the prepar3d.com site. Awaiting an answer. I did the client only update. Worked fine. I am trying to find out what I am missing if I dont update the content.

however, i find this new version to be a DOG on frame rates. Needing to retweak everything.

1. Delete prepar3d.cfg and let it build a new one.
    2. "verify files" in any global Orbx FTX stuff like landclass, vector, treesHD, etc.
    3. If you use PTA, you need to download the newst 2.65 version. Then apply your shader tweaks again.

4. I found that despite having a new (2 month old) PC, with high end everything, best I seem to get out of this version is @30 FPS. Thats ok for me, but I would expect better. Interestingly I get better performance leaving the sim at Unlimited FPS vs capping it at my usual 30.

Dont even think about Orbx TrueEarth scenery.
    I have TE GB South and have to use a special configuration just for that.. While London looks amazing, I wish I hadnt spent the 50 bucks now. FTX England is just fine.

I found that the Carenado C-170b wont start up from cold and dark, and the wizard they have to start it up in taxi mode wont work. Carenado will have to update. I did find that if I start another aircraft like the FSX default 172, which I still fly all the time, then I can switch planes to the C-170 and it works fine.

Tacpack may not be working, and I haven't flown very long in 4.5 yet, but so far I'm pleased with this 4.5 update: the stutters and
    slow loading textures (black buildings and the like) I used to get in 4.4 or earlier seem to be almost all gone. I can really notice this
    if I circle around and around a plane in external view. In the same situation with the same settings, what would have been a slide
    show for me in 4.4 is now as smooth as can be in 4.5.

The fps haven't changed, it's just that the stutters are gone.

I'll have to do some more flying, but so far I'm pretty happy with the result.

-RobM

I too just installed the client and content. I too am getting woeful results with really bad stuttering and in some cases single figure frame rates over ORBX sceneries, especially True Earth.

I would have thought that the beta testers would have picked something up?

Also, why on earth this update? Why not wait until V5 and then do a "proper" upgrade with (for most) meaningful improvements. Our new releases will be 4.5 dedicated but trying to test them is a nightmare right now.

Personally, I am going to try a complete (scenery etc) install and re-align third party stuff. If that does not fix things I am going to roll back to 4.4.

BTW, as we build for 4.5, we have found there are some issues with the SDK too.

You need to get better at this LM - you really do.

Tacpack may not be working, and I haven't flown very long in 4.5 yet, but so far I'm pleased with this 4.5 update: the stutters and
    slow loading textures (black buildings and the like) I used to get in 4.4 or earlier seem to be almost all gone. I can really notice this
    if I circle around and around a plane in external view. In the same situation with the same settings, what would have been a slide
    show for me in 4.4 is now as smooth as can be in 4.5.

The fps haven't changed, it's just that the stutters are gone.

I'll have to do some more flying, but so far I'm pretty happy with the result.

-RobM
    Same result here. I updated everything, Client, Content, Scenery. So far, I am pleased. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0