P3D V4.5 Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P3D V4.5 Released

I wonder what this means for V5.0. EG why release a point release when pundits ( who are these people btw ? ) say that mid year V5.0 is coming. Why not lock off V4.x at 4.4 and all/any changes/addons/extras get flowed into V5.0 especially since we're ostensibly 3 months out from the "release date ".

Or do I need to stop listening to pundits and get back to work ?

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    I wonder what this means for V5.0. EG why release a point release when pundits ( who are these people btw ? ) say that mid year V5.0 is coming. Why not lock off V4.x at 4.4 and all/any changes/addons/extras get flowed into V5.0 especially since we're ostensibly 3 months out from the "release date ".

Maybe I am wrong or simply not current on the plans but isn't 5.0 supposed to be an all new sim platform that's finally breaking free of the old code? This of course would be all current addons would be essentially useless and/or out of standards. I know we heard that with 4.0 but I am curious to see what 5.0 will actually be.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No, LM has never said anything about a new platform. The thing is:
    1- They barely ever say anything at all regarding new versions anyways.
    2- They just can't afford to develop a new platform. P3Dv5, if it ever appears on the market, will still be an improved FSX.
    3- Some rumors say they want to simply introduce a new graphic engine, but we've got close to zero info on that.

My current hopes are quite low. I will be happy if P3Dv5 is not just P3Dv4.6.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Sounds like a plan PvP.
    As for the 'pundits'......would that be ScoMo and Little Bill?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Chaseplane is ok too (after the update).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post

I will be happy if P3Dv5 is not just P3Dv4.6.
    The caveat there is of course, you have to buy it all over again for something that may or may not be a massive upgrade.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Probably so Naismith but it is still likely to be less money than many of the current breed of 'additions'!
    I'd be really pissed if it broke my ORBX collection just the same.
    We 'students' are a hardy bunch.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Probably so Naismith but it is still likely to be less money than many of the current breed of 'additions'!
    I'd be really pissed if it broke my ORBX collection just the same.
    We 'students' are a hardy bunch.
    Dito...like the "additions" prices are flying high...

With the V4.5 update I noticed a new C-130J with a "Soft Panels". This one C-130J has a new panel. I'm not sure how much you can click on. Just a heads up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pit.jpg   pit 2.jpg   Untitled.jpg  
    Greg :USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    No, LM has never said anything about a new platform. The thing is:
    1- They barely ever say anything at all regarding new versions anyways.
    2- They just can't afford to develop a new platform. P3Dv5, if it ever appears on the market, will still be an improved FSX.
    3- Some rumors say they want to simply introduce a new graphic engine, but we've got close to zero info on that.

My current hopes are quite low. I will be happy if P3Dv5 is not just P3Dv4.6.
    we were warned about v4.5 months ago

I cant see a new complete platform, as it will render all addons obsolete and everyone will be at day zero, there will be so much outrage from people just like when FSW was released

even a completely new graphics engine will cause a lot of hurt as it will change how things are modelled and textured

realistically you will see new features, memory and shaders usage to a point where they will not advance further after that, it will have to become a completely new platform

the msfs code will be around for a while

That would be 'P3D5' Matt.....we have P3D4.5 now.
    I would like to think your rationale is correct but LM might just go their own way given that 'P3D' is a 'Training' program and they add whatever aircraft fits their philosify.
    Of course we 'students' would be really pissed if they adopted a scorched earth policy but it is written in their TOS what is expected.

This is interesting.

I did a full reinstall from scratch and it went well, loading times are fast and framerates also good, in the default startup flight i'm getting about 110 fps

I'm currently in the process of reinstalling all the ORBX scenery and so far have installed all the global stuff, Base, OpenLC and Vector and framerates are still about 110 fps.
    As soon as I installed the free global airport pack my framerate dropped to about 85 fps even though I'm still at the default startup airport.
    I confirmed that was definitely the culprit by moving the "Prepar3D v4\ORBX\Scripts\scenerylib_FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS. cfg" file and rerunning FTX Central to disable them and framerates where back up to 110.

So just having the free airports installed causes a framerate drop for me, very odd.

I'm carrying on installing all the regions and airports I own and testing after each one to see what causes any drops. but for now the free global airport will stay disabled.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Haven't noticed any improvements on my rig. There seems to be an issue with the ATC window, too. When I close it or try to re-size or move the window there is another window still in the original position. the only way I have been able to close it is to right click with the mouse and close the window from there. I'm not alone with this issue as I have seen it reported on the Prepar3D forums. Hoping there is some easy fix, but for now I'm ready to uninstall 4.5 and revert to 4.4.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    Haven't noticed any improvements on my rig. There seems to be an issue with the ATC window, too. When I close it or try to re-size or move the window there is another window still in the original position. the only way I have been able to close it is to right click with the mouse and close the window from there. I'm not alone with this issue as I have seen it reported on the Prepar3D forums. Hoping there is some easy fix, but for now I'm ready to uninstall 4.5 and revert to 4.4.
    Just tested mine and I do not get what you are experiencing at all. I wonder if a complete uninstall/reinstall would be beneficial. I initially tried the partial install and got an error just in installing the program. I did the complete uninstall and second time it worked flawlessly. Quite impressed so far, sim seems smoother (no addons yet of course)
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I finally figured it out. I had saved my Addon folder when I installed v5. Apparently something in there caused the ATC window issue. I renamed the old v4 Addon folder and am gradually moving the items there into the v5 Addon folder.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

My ATC window is way up and to the right in VR and not clickable as it's just too far away and can not be moved. Other than that, I see no issues.

LouP

Charter Member 2015

Atc 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post

I also have some problems with the ATC Window .
    Let us know how you did solve it … thanks
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Hi,

The solution is given on the P3D forum:

You should be able to move the ATC window with the following commands:

Translate: LeftMouseDown + Shift
    Rotate X Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + ScrollWheel
    Rotate Y Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + '
    Rotate Z Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + PlusKey
    Uniform Scale: LeftMouseDown + Shift + Ctrl
    Resize Panel: LeftMouseDown + Shift + Tab

For more information, you can view our VR documentation here:
    http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/ ... ality.html

See also if the following solution is always possible in V4.5: