X-Plane 11 | Airfoillabs King Air 350 | First Impressions

Thread: X-Plane 11 | Airfoillabs King Air 350 | First Impressions

Blog Entries

X-Plane 11 | Airfoillabs King Air 350 | First Impressions

NICE! Airfoil Labs comes as close as it gets. I can't afford to buy all their products but if you can this one is a sweetie!
    https://youtu.be/ABTCSHXAvV4

Q8Pilot
    Published on Apr 7, 2019

Get the Airfoillabs King Air 350 for X-Plane 11 here:https://store.x-plane.org/King-Air-35...King Air 350 was introduced to the market in 1984, at the time under name “Super King Air 300”. It was based on the Model 200. The new model 300 had a modified airframe and more powerful engines with redesigned cowlings. Later on Beechcraft started modifying the 300 Model by stretching the fuselage by close to three feet, two cabin windows on each side were added, and also famous winglets. This type was introduced in 1990 and is known now as King Air 350. Besides the changes to the fuselage the 350 was given a higher MTOW of 15,000 lb. From 1998 Beechcraft implemented the UltraQuiet active noise canceling system as standard on all King Air 350s. In 2003, the 350 avionics were upgraded.Nevertheless our model represents the type just before 2003. The Beast is equipped with two PT6A-60A engines, producing each 1,050 SHP up to 25.000 feet. It has a normal cruise speed of 311 knots, a range of 1,550 nautical miles, a climb rate of 2,700 feet per minute, and requires 3,217 feet of runway to takeoff and 3,161 to land.FOR EVERY SIMMER ? YES.​
    • It is a STUDY SIM level aircraft.
    • But you don’t have to be intimidated by the complexity of the systems - You are always just one click from the sky. If you are a deep learner and enthusiast you can plunge yourself and study the complicated systems in detail. All this is possible down to our super friendly interface logic.
    • Stopping the aircraft, starting the engines, it was never easier. But if you like a specific state of the aircraft you can choose for example the Before Taxi state or Save and Load your own state.Q8Pilot videos are powered by VirtualFly (https://www.virtual-fly.com/)

Enjoy,
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

My biggest worry is the performance hit on the sim, as the AFL C172 is quite a resource hog, if the reports are anything to go by.

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Germany
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Blog Entries
    I have a freebie (legitimate copy) that I tested on the system I am building for a friend. It is an older i5 6600k SKYLAKE 4.2 GHz with a Zotac 1060 Ti AMP Edition 4GB VRAM and 16GB or fast ram. The high is 61 fps and low 41, the avg seems around 50fps no stuttering.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I bought it last weekend. I'm using a circa 2010 computer with an CPU overclocked to 3.80 GHz, a GTX 1050 2MB, and 18GB of RAM. I have my graphics settings relatively high, and I don't see any issue in performance as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what my framerate is, or what your expectations are, but it's flyable to me. I'll post my graphics settings when I get home, and would be happy to report my framerate if somebody could tell me how. And this is flying using the nVidia Surround setup BTW, across three 1920 x 1080 monitors for 5760 x 1080 (I use a 110 degree field of view and TrackIR 4).

Members who have read this thread: 0