Milviz T-38C has launched
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz T-38C has launched

Milviz T-38C has launched

The Milviz T-38C Talon is now available here.

It's P3Dv4.4+ only.
    Free downloads of the manual and the paintkit at the bottom of the page.

Dave

79.99$??? I need a drink!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    May I join the bar?

Does anyone know how the aircraft flight model behaves with the air turbulences in P3D4, and with an external weather engine like Active Sky?
    The Advanced Flight Model of the older T-38A was not compabilble : turbulences and Active Sky had to be deactivated for flying the plane...
    I hope this issue has been solved on the new model.

Cheers
    Vvince

I think it got improved a bit, but still, ASN overdoes the turbulence considerably. It should be turned down quite a bit.
    -JB

Lining up at KRND.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    That works out to over A$100.00 at the present inflated exchange rate!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I got a 15% discount email as an owner of the T-38A (expires in 30 days). I also got a 20% discount email as an owner of the T-38A Advanced (doesn't appear to expire?). It doesn't look like the discounts stack.

Obviously I'm a big fan of the T-38.

They seem to be pricing their jets with external flight models (F-4E, F-4J, T-38C) at the same $80 price point. If you're not a previous buyer of the T-38 it would probably be best to wait for one of their 30% off sales around Christmas.

nice bird, but 80 bucks is 80 bucks!

I think part of the surprise at the price point is simply due to not having seen military jets at this level of quality all that often. While Milviz does have a decent reputation from our past projects, I personally still held VRS and DCS as the bar, and personally didn't think we reached there. To hit this level is far from easy. The jet was in development for several years, during which we learned many lessons, and suffered some losses. An individual left with 2 years worth of source code which we had to redo. Ultimately though looking back, I am glad for the hard knocks because I can trace sequence of events leading to us having a much better product. But they came at a cost. Paying a team for several years, some full time, some part time, is not cheap. Easily hits 5-6 figures. So yes, something new is hitting the scene.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    The Milviz T-38C Talon is now available here.

It's P3Dv4.4+ only.
    Free downloads of the manual and the paintkit at the bottom of the page.

Dave
    Thats cute but not for 80 dollars... holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    So yes, something new is hitting the scene.
    As in greed? I'm sorry, but that price is just over the top!

priller

Too pricey for me … I'll pass

We all have our threshold on price. I have seen this fantastic aircraft and have no doubt it is worth the price. We can all have an opinion but I don't want to hear the word greed or anything demeaning a developer.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

For those who have the aircraft, does it have "real" weapons delivery? The manual talks about simulated weapons, for training purposes, where the weapons system are simulated but no actual weapon is dropped or launched, but it is silent about weapons procedures...

No weapons will leave the aircraft, or have any effect on targets. We are still working on tutorials for this system. But I will give a quick crash course here on ops for it.

A-A:

There are 2 gunsight options. LCOS and FNNL. LCOS is basically a fixed size reticule calibrated to a range of 2500 ft. It behaves much like the gyro gunsights of earlier era aircraft, meaning you have to match the manoeuvers of your target to get an accurate shot. The FNNL option is the more modern gun funnel. Target wingspan in feet can be set from the HUD page (where LCOS/FNNL modes can also be selected) on the UFC. The FNNL mode also displays simulated bullets flying out when you pull the TACPACK trigger.

There is also a simulated IR missile seeker circle on the HUD, which can be caged or uncaged (size changes) using the NWS button which is assigned in the MVAMS. Pressing the TACPACK pickle button will make the circle flash briefly, and the missile count (4 max) will decrease by 1. It will disappear when out of missiles. Both missile and gun ammo can be reloaded by cycling the master arm switch, or pressing the relevant MFD button on the MFD WPN page.

A-G:

Weapon profiles for release mode (CCIP/CCRP/MAN), type, reticle depression (MAN only), can be set up in the MVAMS as well as modified from the WPN page on the MFD. There are also some other parameters like dive angle, airspeed, release and break-X altitude etc that are used for reference on the No Drop Bomb Scoring system (NDBS), so you can see the difference between actual profile flown vs required profile.

A designated target (DEST point) is required for scoring purposes. It can be redesignated (target altitude must be predefined to match actual target since the T-38C has no radar or laser ranging abilities) by pressing the NWS button in A-G master mode. The CCIP designator will appear on the HUD (fall line with a diamond instead of a round reticle), and when the diamond is placed on the visual target, the NWS button must be pressed again. The MRK page on the UFC will appear with the new target coordinates, and the MRK button must be pressed to accept them, after which the target designation diamond will shift from the original location to the new target.

Simply press and hold the TACPACK defined pickle button to simulate a weapon release (you will hear a tone on release). After 20 seconds or so the NDBS score page will appear on the MFD showing actual impact (and in the case of delayed CCIP release, aim point) relative to the target.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Lining up at KRND.

Dave
    What's with the canopy glass ?.... PBR ?....

VC looks jawdropping!

For 80 bucks though i don't expect to see it flown by indentical twins. IMHO distracts significantly from the otherwise excellent realism..

Here is the full tutorial video:

-JB

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    What's with the canopy glass ?.... PBR ?....

VC looks jawdropping!

For 80 bucks though i don't expect to see it flown by indentical twins. IMHO distracts significantly from the otherwise excellent realism..
    I'm working on it . Glass is surprisingly difficult to do in PBR. I got it working nicely under certain conditions, only to find it different under others. Expect updates.

There is way more to this baby than just the 2 external model pilots though . It wasn't spun off from an actual training simulation for nothing.
    -JB

Is it expensive? Most probably but it depends how much you will fly it. If it's something you fly most days then you'll probably get your money's worth with it. It looks like it has the detail and quality to warrant the price. For me I wouldn't fly it all that much as its not a jet that interests me that much so maybe if it's on sale come Christmas. I also think that if the T-38 is set at this price then the F-15C will be to and hopefully that won't be far away and I'd rather spend my money on that since I'll fly it very often so for me anyway it'll be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    We all have our threshold on price. I have seen this fantastic aircraft and have no doubt it is worth the price. We can all have an opinion but I don't want to hear the word greed or anything demeaning a developer.
    Meh, I dont think "greed" figures into it. Business is business and developers have costs. This becomes a personal choice as to whether the price = good value to you the consumer. For me the answer is no, at least on this aircraft.
    80 bucks is what I would pay for a very high end study level aircraft like the PMDG 747. (example only). Unfortunately for me, I spend so much time on real airplanes for work, I dont have time to study for use of a high end study level plane. So, I will stick with the mid range birds. but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Meh, I dont think "greed" figures into it. Business is business and developers have costs. This becomes a personal choice as to whether the price = good value to you the consumer.
    I agree. The price is clearly a result of a delicate balance between covering development costs, and returning some degree of investment to the business. This is no different than other products that have varying price points (cars, houses, boats, etc.). The good news is, there are a bunch of developers creating new aircraft and scenery at varying price points...with varying quality...so there are ample choices available based on interests and budget.

Just my .02 cents.

Kent

P.S. The good news is, MilViz and other develpers typically have a multitude of great sales throughout the year....so keep hitting that refresh button throughout the year!

How are the performances of the module (FPS wise), compared to the T-38A ADV (or other modules like the Milviz F4E or F4J/S) ?
    I fly in VR and performance is a critical point...

Quote Originally Posted by vvince View Post
    How are the performances of the module (FPS wise), compared to the T-38A ADV (or other modules like the Milviz F4E or F4J/S) ?
    I fly in VR and performance is a critical point...
    Performance in VR is very good. I was flying it on my older system (i72700k @ 4.5GHz, GTX980) in the Oculus Rift and performance was very smooth. Needless to say if it's smooth in VR then it's even smoother on a monitor.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Its always been a goal of mine to prove that glass can be done without hurting framerates.
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 3