Milviz T-38C has launched - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milviz T-38C has launched

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Have always liked Milviz products but with the price they are charging, now not so much.

Along with pre-buy fiasco with the XP-11 ATR they are headed in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    I'm working on it . Glass is surprisingly difficult to do in PBR. I got it working nicely under certain conditions, only to find it different under others. Expect updates.
    Does PBR add that much significance to, f.i. a canopy, to warrant the extra effort ?.. 'Normal texturing' does a wonderful job on external glass parts already, don't you think ?

There is way more to this baby than just the 2 external model pilots though .
    You don't say !

Milviz' pilot figures always look like the proverbial 'last minute' items. " Ok, lets release this baby. We haven't forgotten anything, have we ?..." " Hmmmm...pilot figures, maybe ??!" " Oh,yeah! Drat !!..." It's just *because* Milviz external models look so real and wonderful a rush job on a pilot figure makes it stand out like a sour thumb. A pilot happens to be THE most important 'part' of what kind of aeroplane whatsoever. ( i know, it's like talking to a wall.. In the more then one hour lasting Milviz T-38 video, apart from the beginning and end, not *one* shot of the external model.. )
    Btw, it's absolutely imperatively NOT like Milviz will be "reverse engineering" this new T-38 model back to the ol' F-5/NF-5, right ??.. Can understand that, still i'd be heavely interested in it (NF-5). Oh, and i like pilot figures.

cheers,
    jan

The PBR glass is already fixed . Coming up in the update.

I can't promise any updates to the pilot figures but will ask. It is kinda a tradeoff in terms of time and effort. The pilot figure is indeed the least of our concerns when it comes to details in the 3D model and code.

And no, I don't know of any F-5 plans. And if there were, it is anything but a "reverse engineering" of the T-38. Entirely new 3D models from scratch, a number of differences in flight model (with our ADV external flight model, adding weapon payloads is anything but trivial), and since the cockpit is entirely different, brand new code from scratch, with many more systems that the 38C simply doesn't have, like radar etc.
    -JB

@Javis

Would you be satisfied if the head and back posture of the pilots differed slightly?
    -JB

The PBR glass is already fixed . Coming up in the update.
    Terrific!

I can't promise any updates to the pilot figures but will ask. It is kinda a tradeoff in terms of time and effort. The pilot figure is indeed the least of our concerns when it comes to details in the 3D model and code.
    Understand of course. And that's perfectly Ok re tube- and propliners and/or other big planes (although the pilot and co-pilot figures in the PMDG 747 each have their own animations... traditional holy moly effect...;-) but i kinda think differently when it concerns prop/jet fighters or GA. It's all personal taste of course and maybe it's a bit over the top with me because i just can't have any fun flying a prop/jet fighter or GA plane if i have something against the pilot figure. Yes, we come in all sorts..

And no, I don't know of any F-5 plans. And if there were, it is anything but a "reverse engineering" of the T-38.
    Don't i know it. That's why i put it in brackets.. ;-)

Would you be satisfied if the head and back posture of the pilots differed slightly?
    Well, anything that would do away with the obvious 'identical twins look' would be fine of course. Personally i think something as 'cheap' as the 'identical twins syndrome' is unworthy of a sublime modeled aircraft like the Milviz T-38C (or any other aircraft model in that kind of price range..)

Thanks for considering !

( in a screenshot the identical twins will immidiately give the aircraft away as a model... that's just a pity. It's like a small scratch on your brand shiny new Lambo... you don't see the Lambo anymore, just the scratch.... ;-)

Seems like this question is a little off topic but from those who have bought it, what's it like? Easy to operate? How does it fly etc?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Seems like this question is a little off topic
    Yo, sorry bout that...

but from those who have bought it, what's it like? Easy to operate? How does it fly etc?
    For now, I'm just standing behind the fence amongst the bushes, waving at the pilots. Who knows, they might wave back...

No twins here!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The service pack update is out.
    -JB

Also, Navigraph has released their navdata package for it.
    -JB

If anyone had issues with the MVAMS updater, those are now resolved.
    -JB

New update released via the MVAMS updater.

Change log:
    Added default HUD and gunsight selection to MVAMS General page
    Fixed rear canopy lever animation
    Fixed missing switch sounds
    Fixed emergency gear lever animation
    Changes to flap initialization
    Adjusted brake pedal animations
    Adjusted turn performance to better match curves

Updates to 3D model
    Fixed chaff/flare HUD text overlapping with gun rounds when in A-G MAN mode.
    Fixed search indexing duplicate error in MDP for ICAO waypoints
    Fixed bug in NWS TGT Designate when using certain DEST point ranges
    Fixed elevation bug in A-G MAN bomb release causing large AIM distances in scoring
    Fixed bug on MFD DEST page when using NEXT/PREV keys
    Fixed bug on SCORE page where corrupt data was displayed
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 3