A Taste of Things to Come (Spitfire Preview) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Taste of Things to Come (Spitfire Preview)

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link to the video,Gecko. Amazing sounds ! Never heard a Spitfire making a roll or a loop.What a awesome pilot. Will the new Spitfires have sounds like that ? I have never even heard a Spitfire in real life. Lucky for anyone who has. That Merlin sure sounds great ! Cheers,Scott

There will be a custom sound set for the aircraft, including the Merlin engine of course, but also authentic sounds for all the systems. Since the Spitfire used pneumatic pressure to operate lots of its systems, you will hear a lot of compressed air sounds for the different controls, some of which you can hear in the video. Of course it's pretty hard to do justice to the sound of a Merlin, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The engine will splutter and stumble when it cuts out under negative g, and it has that distinctive crackle and pop when you pull the throttle to idle as you flare to land.

Work has kept me away from my PC for a while, but in my down time on the road I've been able to get some of the documentation squared away so you'll have something to reference as you learn to fly it. I figured I'd give you all a head start on reading up on it! Here are the Pilot's Notes for this aircraft. They are from 1940, just as the first Spitfire Mk.IIs were rolling off the production lines. All I did was clean up the scan to have the text recognizable and some minor format adjustments. The CFS3 version can be flown exactly by the book. Happy reading!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spitfire Mk.II Pilot's Notes.pdf  

Blog Entries
    Just found out that the Spitfire MkII did fight in the Battle of Britain starting in late August when they were issued to 611 squadron at Digby. Only 920 were produced. 74 squadron got some late also.

John has the Mk.II's frontline career covered from start to finish with his selection of liveries, including several BoB schemes right on through early 1942 following the switch to the sea grey / green camo. Early aircraft have fabric covered ailerons, which perform poorly at high speed, while the later ones have improved metal ailerons.

Blog Entries
    Wow!! Such detail !! They are going to be great! Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    What is the latest news ? How are things coming along ? Thanks for any answers... Regards,Scott

Spitfire Mk II

Gday all,as Scott says whats happening,i`m chomping at the bit to get these newbies.

alcanallen.

I've been the cause of the delay. I started a new job this summer that has me away from home a lot, so I've not been able to spend as much time on it as any of us would like. That said, I've just overcome the last major obstacle in my coding of the aircraft systems logic - so it's all downhill sledding from here!

Here's a shot to keep you going - taken while testing radiator cooling efficiency during combat maneuvers.

I really must get my scenery sorted out. That good scenery fits much better with a great model!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Nice screenshot ...Love the scenery too. The Spitfire looks amazing !

Spitfire Mk II Sound set.

I believe these new Spits come with a new sound set,is there if it`s ready could this file be available for download from the ''Sounds'' library prior to the release of said MkII Spitfires as i`m always looking for the correct sound of that Merlin.
    Here`s hoping.

alcanallen.

We're very close to release, on final testing!

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020
    Fabulous - can't wait! Will go straight into my alpha Channel Front 1941 campaign for ETO.

Two fantastic screen shots here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Blog Entries
    Can't wait ! Hopefully before Christmas and i'll be happy for sure. A awesome screen shot ! Love your graphics! Regards,Scott

Good News! We are on schedule to release before the 100th anniversary of the Spitfire's first flight!

Seriously though, we're on final approach here. Not long now.

Members who have read this thread: 1