Cannot Get CFS2 To Start - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot Get CFS2 To Start

Need a Bit of Clarification

Thank you for your reply,

Since my Logitech rudder will not arrive until tomorrow, I decided to try the x56 throttle tat comes with the x56 rhino HOTAS to replace the throttle function on the 3D joystick. It would allow me to more easily control the throttle with my left and and provide me with a lot of buttons as well.

When I connect it the x56 throttle appears in the list of available controllers but try as I may I cannot find a way to get it assigned as the controller. Just in case you might ask, the x56 joystick does not work for my small hands which is why I am trying the 3D instead and would like to figure this out.

I am sorry to be so dense but this whole simulation endeavor is entirely new to me. I would sincerely appreciate some detail on how to make the switch.

BTW - a green cone shaped object appears above the top of the cockpit frame which changes orientation depending on aircraft position. Can you tell me what this is?

Otrman

Hi Otrman,

I doubt that CFS2 can handle two controllers at the same time.

The green cone is pointing to the enemy AC that the sim is tracking for you.

I can't remember witch key combo cycles it though.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    I can't remember witch key combo cycles it though.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    I believe its the "I" key (I for enemy Indicator)

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Interesting on my set-up it's the L key.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction MR.

NEVER MIND I was not close enough for the Indicator to display. MR is correct.

Regards,
    B34Guy
    Last edited by The B24 Guy; April 13th, 2019 at 17:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrman View Post
    When I connect it the x56 throttle appears in the list of available controllers but try as I may I cannot find a way to get it assigned as the controller. Just in case you might ask, the x56 joystick does not work for my small hands which is why I am trying the 3D instead and would like to figure this out.

I am sorry to be so dense but this whole simulation endeavor is entirely new to me. I would sincerely appreciate some detail on how to make the switch.

BTW - a green cone shaped object appears above the top of the cockpit frame which changes orientation depending on aircraft position. Can you tell me what this is?
    Otrman - Don't worry about asking questions. Communities like this one are made for questions like yours.

B24Guy might be right, cfs2 may not support multiple sticks, but let's try this. I'm attaching a screenshot with controller assignments page. You get there by clicking on Settings, then Controller Assignments. Then there's two green buttons at top. Click on the Joystick Axes button so that it is lit. On the page look for "Joystick Type." On mine it's "T.Flight Hotas X". That's a drop box so maybe, just maybe, multiple joysticks can be supported. This is where all joystick axes can be assigned to controls. In mine, the slider is assigned to rudder and Z-axis is assigned to throttle. You may have to select the axis from one joystick some operations, the use the drop box to select the other joystick. I don't know if that will work, but it's worth a try.

Alternatively, you may consider using the "Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X" like mine. The handle isn't very big (my hands aren't very big either) and it's easy for me to use. On the throttle there's a flipper paddle (slider) that works perfectly for accurate control of the rudder. Downside is there aren't very many buttons. Then again, for a ww2 sim, you don't need a ton of them.

Just a few things for you to consider.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JoystickAssignment.jpg  

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Interesting on my set-up it's the L key.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction MR.

Regards,
    B34Guy

Hmmm...

On my rig, L toggles the cockpit light.

Go figure.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Hmmm...

On my rig, L toggles the cockpit light.

Go figure.

MR
    You are correct. It was a timing problem on my part. I kept toggling the "I" key and nothing was happing.
    It just so happens I hit the "L" key just as I got in range and the cone appeared.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Hi Otrman:

"BTW - a green cone shaped object appears above the top of the cockpit frame which changes orientation depending on aircraft position. Can you tell me what this is?"

You can also pause the sim in the windowed mode (or hit alt in full screen). The menu at the top... select Views and turn Enemy Indicator, and other features, on or off.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Some Additional Questions

I have finally got the control hardware working right. Now using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech Rudder Pedals, and Logitech G910 Keyboard and all seems to be working. Now I am working on flight training.

Is there anyway to translate the CFS2.CFG file so I can understand what has been assigned so that I can work out my scheme for assignments.

Otrman

Quote Originally Posted by Otrman View Post
    I have finally got the control hardware working right. Now using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech Rudder Pedals, and Logitech G910 Keyboard and all seems to be working. Now I am working on flight training.

Is there anyway to translate the CFS2.CFG file so I can understand what has been assigned so that I can work out my scheme for assignments.

Otrman
    Yes there is, but it is much simpler to start the game, go to Settings/Controller Assignments and set up your controllers there.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0