Wing42 Latest - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wing42 Latest

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I have encountered a number of start up and audio issues. Need to check the forums on what's going on.
    all resolved btw.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

You forgot to take off the pitot cover

Great picture though!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    Nice music...what about engine sound? would love to ear it as well...
    Regards

The engine sound has not been touch since the last version and it still falls flat.

It is a planned feature for v.0.90, I purchased licenses from a professional sound engineers of the exact engine type. It just needs to be chopped up and programmed for the sim.

So the sound engine that's included in this version is limited to the controls in the cockpit, and the audible feedback from rampie Heinrich.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    You forgot to take off the pitot cover

Great picture though!
    Heinrich is fired.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Heinrich is fired.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

OK, with apologies, I've got a tech support question. Installed 0.85.1 late last night, just went to launch P3D4, and had it hang with a "multiple objects with same name" loop related to the Vega. I've dealt with similar issues in the past - but not for a while. Any insights into what I need to change in the Vega object names?

@Vitus - sorry to be posting this here, but I don't have a Wing42 forum registration and the forum doesn't currently allow the creation of new registrations. If there's a way I can sign aboard, I'll be glad to continue the conversation over in your house.

Thanks in advance!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi Alan,

no that's no problem. I keep monitoring this thread at least until I know that there are no more major issues in this version of the Vega.

My first guess would be that you didn't uninstall the old version of the Vega first, or that my uninstaller missed some files. I'd suggest you go to simObjects/Airplanes/ and manual delete the three Wing42 folders. After that, run the installer again. That should fix any conflicts with previous versions of the aircraft.

Let me know how it goes please!

Thanks, Otmar - I'd run the uninstaller but missed doing the manual deletions. I'll take care of both steps, then reinstall and report back.

Grateful for the quick response!

-- Saint-Exupery

And... got it solved. I'm not sure how it happened, but I discovered a complete installation of version .04 buried in my Flight Replicas DC-4 folder inside Documents/Prepar3d Add-Ons. Obviously the uninstaller couldn't find it. A first for me, and proof (as if it was needed) that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. I now have a fully functional install of .085.2. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now, off to get the hang of the inertial starter and the spark advance...

Goes without saying, but... this is one fantastic airplane!

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi Alan,

Yay! I'm happy you found the solution to your problem.

I'm really proud of the spark advance and the effects of it. Was this done in another add-on before, or can I claim a first on it?

If there's any questions about the functions of the ignition system, check out the manual. I tried to be thorough in the explanation of all systems that are working already. I'm still trying to convince any youtuber to create an educational series on those vintage systems, but so far no luck.

Btw. the forum should be open for registrations again, that was actually not intentional, but a missing property in the email settings.... oopsie.

I'm not aware of any previous project that modeled the spark advance, but I could have missed something. Anyone?

I'm pretty well up on inertia starters thanks to A2A, so with that, it's more a matter of getting the mouse-feel of your implementation. I did, however, have a bunch of failed starts before I realized I'd forgotten to turn the boost on, so that's another new element.

Loving the glass fuses - reminds me of the years I spent with tube amplifiers.

Good news about the forums - I'll stop by tomorrow and sign aboard.

-- Saint-Exupery

Icon21 I'll be on a Live-Stream today

Hi guys,

I just want to let you know that I'll be on a stream with Peter Matthess tonight. He'll be flying the Vega while we chat about the aircraft's history, vintage aviation, spark advance levers, bugs and other things.

Join us in the chat and ask your questions if you like

We'll start at around 20:00 Central European Time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Mantock100

Very interesting to see that wing 42 are developing the lockheed Electra as well starting now.

See the website for details.

Cheers chris

SOH-CM-2024
    Will there (are there) a Paint Kit available for that? Lovely.

Cazzie

Cazzie it is just starting development so obviously there is no paint kit.

look at the web site.

Get the latest details.

Cheers chris

Members who have read this thread: 0