Wing42 Latest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing42 Latest

Wing42 Latest

Latest post from Wing 42.

Estimated release for version 0.85 is this weekend! The new features will be revealed shortly.

there is another post on the site that lists the updates.

Cheers chris

This is fantastic news! Really looking forward to the update.

Michael

Ummm... What's "Wing 42"?

(no worries, just googled it links are nice.... )

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

https://wing42.com/en/ and top model of Lockheed Vega .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

What do you mean, "what's Wing42"? Wing42 is the next big thing after the invention of powered flight!

I'm stressed out for weeks about this update. This will be a big load off my back, I'm really anxious to read the replies.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to flying this new version with all of these updates and all of the different variants completed and otw.

Looking forward to it Vitus, I'm sure it will be great. :-)

LouP

Bravo.. Nice video. Looking forward to the update.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Just gets better and better.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks Vitus.Absolutely fabulous!!!!

Cheers Chris

Hey Vitus, I read the install instructions and am not sure if we should uninstall the prior version before updating.

Thanks,
    LouP

Lou.
    It clearly states that you must uninstall the previous version before installing the 085 version.

Thanks, must have skimmed right by that.

TLDR: Yes! It is definitely required for you to uninstall the old version first!

Detailed explanation if you're interested:
    The reason is that there are changes to the file structure, to keep the installation size low I am trying to share resources like textures as much as I can, which is why there's now a new folder called "Wing42 Lockheed Vega shared" in your airplane folder. In there you'll find the sound files, panels and gauges and common textures. If you don't install your previous installation first, those old common textures will remain in the "Wing42 Lockheed Vega 5/textures" folder, and thus your model will load these files, instead of the new ones.

Thank you Vitus, really looking forward to this, tremendous effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    It's done! Update 0.85 is now available!
    OK, how do I get it? No email received.

-d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    OK, how do I get it? No email received.

-d
    On the Wing42 website, click on "my account" (the little silhouette of a head in the upper right). Assuming you're logged in, that takes you to your account page, where one of the options should be "my downloads." 0.85 should be there, along with your order number. Hope this helps.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    On the Wing42 website, click on "my account" (the little silhouette of a head in the upper right). Assuming you're logged in, that takes you to your account page, where one of the options should be "my downloads." 0.85 should be there, along with your order number. Hope this helps.

Got it, thanks. My login would not work however. Had to reset.

-d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Got it, thanks. My login would not work however. Had to reset.

-d
    Mine did, not sure why. But I just discovered I'd never set up a forum login - or if I did, it's no longer valid. And apparently the forum isn't accepting new registrations, which is probably a side effect of the spam cleanup. Not a big issue, but I guess that if I have tech problems or questions in the near term, I'll have to hijack this thread. Apologies in advance if I abuse anybody's patience. Speaking of which - I know Otmar has his hands full at the moment, so I'm happy to wait for the forum and all the other things to settle down.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I have encountered a number of start up and audio issues. Need to check the forums on what's going on.

Members who have read this thread: 0