[OOT] Microprose is back ?!?

Thread: [OOT] Microprose is back ?!?

[OOT] Microprose is back ?!?

Are they goin to remake all of their product?

http://microprose.com/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what_we_do_big.jpg  

I owned so many of those titles

Actually, still do

This brings back a lot of memories
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Warbirds 2020

Apparently they are joining the Warbirds 2020 team to continue development of that product. Even "Wild Bill" Stealey is going to be involved.

https://www.apnews.com/e8c61bd15abe4ea0b8cc80a5ccdaa9ff

SOH-CM-2024
    Hi...
    It looks to me like someone managed to obtain the rights to all those old Microprose titles, for sale on Steam. For instance, you don't see European Air War in Steam's list, because MP sold EAW to Hasbro, and then it was sold by them to someone else (it's been a long time, but I think Hasbro sold it to Atari). Look at the screenshots, and the system requirements- nobody's done a thing to them! Boy, those were the days- I probably still have my copies of EAW and 1942- a friend gave me Mighty 8th, but I never got it going... hours and hours of EAW on my Pentium II, with Windows Me and my Voodoo 3000 card...

-Mike Z.

Still have my copy of Falcon 4.0 with the 1.08 Patch. haven't flown it in years because it was such a BEAST of a sim. Does bring back memories of hearing the Bitchin' Betty saying "Archer Inbound!" And the subsequent BOOM that followed.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Still have my copy of Falcon 4.0 with the 1.08 Patch. haven't flown it in years because it was such a BEAST of a sim. Does bring back memories of hearing the Bitchin' Betty saying "Archer Inbound!" And the subsequent BOOM that followed.

BB686
    I hope you realise that BMS has taken Falcon 4 to new heights. Free and wonderful and runs like a dream on modern systems. Deepest war flight sim yet conceived.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I have Falcon 4.0 BMS and it's a monster of a combat sim. Steep learning curve. I don't play it much anymore as i'm mainly into WWII now but it is still one of the best jet fighter combat sims ever made. Also enjoyed EAW and spent many hours playing it. Wish they would do another WWII combat flight sim in the future.

Speaking of BMS Falcon, I cannot use it unless I am prepared to spend most of the day with it. It would be great if Microprose could revise Gunship and Tank Platoon.

Been trying out m1 tank platoon 2 today using dxwnd to run it. Sweet.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Don't know much about the Warbird series as i've heard it is more like a game and not like a sim as in CFS3 or IL-2.Did some research and it sounds nice. May give it a try for the single player version. Would be nice if they came out with a EAW part II though. Does anybody have Warbirds and do you recommend it ? Regards,Scott

I started with EAW, still love that game

Members who have read this thread: 0