FSX/P3Dv4 New ConvairLiner project
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSX/P3Dv4 New ConvairLiner project

FSX/P3Dv4 New ConvairLiner project

Some of you may know about this project i started working on early this year. I sorta kinda hijacked a thread about my N3N project because the poor yellow tweety bird got a bit pushed aside because of that. And actually so was the C-47/DC-3 upgrade program. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, n'est pas, follow your heart as it were..

Anyway, some peeps didn't care much for the meandering style of the N3N thread and they were right of course so here then, finally, is a dedicated thread about the Convairliner project, maybe we can keep it on topic. For anyone who didn't follow that N3N thread in question here's a bunch of WIP screenies that i posted there so you don't have to wade thru the river.

to be continued..

Now that is one very welcome aircraft Javis.
    I must have collected all the Cal Classic variations for FS9 and while they were originally FS8 and rather 'elderly' they filled a gap.
    This will be well worth waiting for!

I'll ask the obvious question.........C240, C340 and C440 or just one model?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

So, with the cashregister almost finished here's where we are atm.

I just got my dirty hands on two flight books, one for 240 and one for the 340. These beautiful birds were equipped with the Sperry A-12 GyroPilot. Personally i find it quiet interesting that activation/deactivation actually takes place on the throttle quadrant via the 3 yellow knobs/levers. The controller sits on the pedestal left of the radios.

I'll report here about the progress of the project every now and then, NOT in the N3N thread anymore. ;-)

cheers,
    jan

Wow, talk about a Airhauler gem, I can't wait. This is going to be wonderful to have. I've been waiting for a really nice Convair for a long time.

First time I've heard of this project. Yay! There's two airplanes I've always wanted for FSX: a Convairliner (2/3/440) and a Martinliner (4-0-4). I'll be halfway home now! A huge thanks!

America never stopped being great.

Blog Entries
    Brilliant news - will be another stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I'll ask the obvious question.........C240, C340 and C440 or just one model?
    I'll concentrate on the 240 and 340 (not that much change between them, already have the extended fuselage for the 340) and their militairy variants C-131 and R4Y. Metropolitan cannot be missed, surely.

Nice! I always liked these and thought the old models were getting a bit long in the tooth.

C-131 you say...
    so I'm bringing this out of the river and parking it here, and you're welcome lol

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Is it freeware or payware? And is it for FSX?

Oooooh, beautiful work so far!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Will be thoroughly welcome here. I've got AFAIK everything CalClassic has to offer re: these birds, including the 580s as well, so really looking forward to these birds when they're ready to fly.

Gorgeous! And absolutely a must-have or me (payware or freeware!). Can't wait to paint one up in FAA markings.

Kent

Definitely!!!!

As with all the folks who have already commented-count me in!! Not only am I a round-engine nut, but my primary field of interest is round engine airliners of the 30s, 40's 50's and 60's. Halcyon years!!!

Thanks for the welcomes, gents !

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    C-131 you say...
    so I'm bringing this out of the river and parking it here, and you're welcome lol
    Good parking, sir ! Well done !

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Is it freeware or payware? And is it for FSX?
    It's a labour of love project, Aharon, you can keep your money in your theepot

For FSX: yes. For P3Dv4: oh yes too.

cheers,
    jan

Thanks, Javis and nice to meet you on SOH!!! Wishing you best of luck, much success, and much enjoyment in your development of Convair project. Looking forward to fly it!!

Regards,

Aharon

Jan-

A good friend of mine used to Captain one of these years ago. Sadly, he began his last climb out a while ago, but I shall fly this one in memory of Captain Bill Odell, Florida Airlines. Your modeling skills are getting even better and I am very impressed. Is some of the C-47 team going to contribute to this work? If so, I am salivating already

Ta- C

PS- if sudden strange stirrings cause a small meander towards a DC-3 mid stream, I could wait patiently after signing up for electric shock treatments or Thorazine

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Thanks, Javis and nice to meet you on SOH!!! Wishing you best of luck, much success, and much enjoyment in your development of Convair project. Looking forward to fly it!!

Regards,

Aharon
    Thanks, Aharon, good to meet you too

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan-

A good friend of mine used to Captain one of these years ago. Sadly, he began his last climb out a while ago, but I shall fly this one in memory of Captain Bill Odell, Florida Airlines. Your modeling skills are getting even better and I am very impressed. Is some of the C-47 team going to contribute to this work? If so, I am salivating already
    I will certainly try and get them involved, Carl, can't do this on my own, you know. Pity that your Convair Captain friend passed away. Input of a pilot who flew the real thing is always most valuable, not to say imperative. Certainly when it comes to the flight dynamics and overall behaviour. ( like i explained in the hijacked N3N thread, we could've had our very own Convairliner here at the Aviodrome. Like we could with the DC-2, DC-3, DC-4 and Connie we could've climbed all over the plane and talked to the pilots. Alas was not to be..) I have good faith that something good will turn up. It always does..

PS- if sudden strange stirrings cause a small meander towards a DC-3 mid stream, I could wait patiently after signing up for electric shock treatments or Thorazine
    No need for that, Carl, the DC-3 certainly is not forgotten. On the contrary. Wait till the external has been converted to Max format... ;-)

Cheers,
    jan

Very nice! This should fit in quite well with the California Classics stuff I've got installed. Guess I'll have to make an additional hanger....
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Jan,
    very nice Plane!!!
    i am ready for testing if you need me on this one

also on standby for c47 3.15 or final test´s,

cheers Ralf

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    SSI01 is ready for service as a beta tester as well!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely stunning looking model, Jan!
    Sumptuously detailed project of a highly desirable prototype.

Bring it on, Sir!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thank you, Nigel, that means a lot to me coming from you, Sir, the dev of just about my fav flightsim aircraft ever. And many thanks also for releasing the sea version of your magnificent Avro bird ! Absolutely stunning !

What's with the tailwheel, Nigel ?...

@ Ralf and SSI01, thanks gentlemen, herewith you're enlisted. Wish i could send you a link but that'll take a while i'm afraid...

cheers,
    jan

Goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway - of course you can add me to your beta team when the time comes. Best at switchology, of course - but you know that.

Truly looking forward to this one.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Members who have read this thread: 1