Global Surface Water - Page 3
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 10,565.00 USD (106%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2019 Charter Membership Drive"

Accepted Payment Types

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Global Surface Water

Rhumba......

...just a quick inquisitive question here. I have d/led your Regions and your GSW East & West. I install these type files in their own folder external of the theaters (CBI, ETO,Korea,PTO) but within the CFS2 main folder. Now here is my question. If I was to just retain your folders of "East" and "West" does East cover the ETO and the West cover the PTO, KTO, CBI. or vice versa? I realize you may want them all in one but just curious here if I do it like this. Easier, I believe, to change any problem that might raise its head in the future.

BTW: LOVE your work and appreciate the time and effort that you have expended in ALL your work to improve this sim world. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    If I was to just retain your folders of "East" and "West" does East cover the ETO and the West cover the PTO, KTO, CBI. or vice versa? I realize you may want them all in one but just curious here if I do it like this. Easier, I believe, to change any problem that might raise its head in the future.
    East is east of 0.0 longitude. West is west of 0.0 longitude. Europe is in both east and west. Some of the pacific is in both east and west.

If you put them all in one folder, the sim sorts it out,as it should. If that interferes with an ETO or PTO install, don't use it (or change elements of the ETO or PTO to use it). You can deactivate the new elements quickly in the scenery library, or by using an alternate scenery.cfg file.

Rhumba.......

.thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I have a propensity for looking beyond Captain Obvious and become Captain Oblivious. Thanks again, and its off to one folder they go!

Rhumba.......

.......you said you didn't know what the 1938 Aral Sea looked like. I found a 1853 map from the Royal Geo, Soc. would that help? It is here...https://www.revolvy.com/page/Aral-Sea

I reviewed the Regions which contain all the landclass files from CFS2 split into LOD5 areas. By applying regional textures (renamed as ???b2su?.bmp) derived from Flight Simulator World to each region texture set, I should have gotten a seamless display of CFS2 with regions. It works.

So coming up with better textures, we can get a pretty good summer representation of the world. We can change the landclass files as needed for specific LOD5 areas and place them in the correct region to alter the landclasses if needed.

Members who have read this thread: 161