A-4E Skyhawk from Dino?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-4E Skyhawk from Dino?

A-4E Skyhawk from Dino?

Today's news from Indiafoxtecho. It will be really cool if we will see the one seater from Dino! My fingers are crossed for this (more than school version , sorry).

So, tonight I took a break from the twin seaters and gave it a try. And it worked like a charm
    But may be, in a not so near future, we can also have a P3v4, PBR enabled and Tacpack compatible A-4E or A-4F. We'll see

+ TacPack (Im in! ).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm in as well.
    Can't have enough TacPack'ed jets, especially "vintage" ones (not sure if an A-4 can be called vintage, but you get the idea).

Put me on the list. Always liked the "Scooter."
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Put me on the list. Always liked the "Scooter."
    The same goes for me, please . . . . .

What an excellent addition to carrier flight ops. Considering the levels of ultimate realism that Dino and so many others here place on accuracy I can't wait!

As long as the Skyhawk is not hobbled by Tacpack like the Eurofighter I'll ante up for one.
    Without a Tacpack sub the Eurofighter is limited to a very boring loadout and in my case has been permanently hangered.
    Be good if a Scooter appears without that limitation.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hi all

...and apologies for being absent from this forum for a while.

Single seater Scooters are a concrete possibility - but the priority right now is to deliver a good TA-4J, then we'll see. However the common parts were designed from the beginning to be "portable" to other Skyhawk models, so maybe we'll have a single seater A-4 in the not so near future.

@wombat666

Please note that you can still change the loadout at will on the Eurofighter, even without Tacpack. You'll need to manually enter the right load to the proper station in the Aircraft menu. The list of weights is in the aicraft.cfg. You can also alter the aicraft.cfg to change the default loadout. This also applies to the F-35.

Will this be for FSX ?

Open hand.

Drop mic.

Mic hits floor!

Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Technically the single seater models are not confirmed yet - I am strongly considering them, but right now my other projects have precedence.

As for the compatibility with FSX: at the moment it is not confirmed either.
    Right now, the TA-4J has exceeded the limits of FSX and is compatible with P3Dv4.4 only - but there are ways to reduce its complexity and/or circumnavigate some of the FSX limitations. In any case I am proceeding as follows: I will continue adding details to the model until I am happy with it. If it will be possible to create a downgraded it to FSX standards I will do it, but for the moment I can only confirm the compatibility with P3Dv4.4.

The single seater is simpler in terms of modeling... and it may be simpler to bring it to FSX without many sacrifices.

I don't know for the other members, but for me, the single-seater is the only one I would be interested in.
    Perhaps, you could consider making two packages with different prices, to compensate your additional modelling efforts ?

The Virtavia A4 was (is) one of my favorites so this updated version is going to be very much appreciated, even if it is a two seater.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    ....not sure if an A-4 can be called vintage, but you get the idea.
    If jet that first flew in 1954 is not vintage, can any jet be considered vintage?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I'm interested in all A-4s, from the snub nosed A and B models (I hope we get one of those) all the way up to the F-404 powered A-4S. Having said that, I'm very happy we're getting a TA-4J. Thanks Dino.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Hi all

@wombat666

Please note that you can still change the loadout at will on the Eurofighter, even without Tacpack. You'll need to manually enter the right load to the proper station in the Aircraft menu. The list of weights is in the aicraft.cfg. You can also alter the aicraft.cfg to change the default loadout. This also applies to the F-35.

Thanks Dino, I couldn't find any reference to that tweak but I really should have known.
    I should say I'm not at all interested in Tacpack for several reasons which I won't go into.
    TY.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

@wombat666

Apart from your personal reasons, I can understand why having so many systems of an aicraft depending on Tacpack is less than desireable. I'll do what I can to keep my future projects as little dependent from it (or from other packages) as possible - although, thruth to be told, from a developer standpoint it is a wonderful expansion of the FSX:XML - it provides a number of military-related functionalities that are difficult to replicate otherwise.

Back to the loadouts (off topic from this thread) typically you can change the load of my planes in by altering the weights on the stations - it is not a feature I advertise too much, my fault.

Then, back on the A-4, currently the way loadouts are implemented is the same of my S-211/M-345 - that is, the loads are only cosmetic if Tacpack is not present, while they are functional (and with an impact on dynamics) if Tacpack is loaded. But that is just a preliminary implementation and may change.

so maybe we'll have a single seater A-4 in the not so near future.
    IF you decide to do a single seater Dino - the A-4C model would fit nicely as we do have a pretty good A-4E and F from Virtavia. Always thought the lines of the C looked best IMHO.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Back to the loadouts (off topic from this thread) typically you can change the load of my planes in by altering the weights on the stations - it is not a feature I advertise too much, my fault.
    True. Very doable, if not complicated. After I acquired the Eurofighter I spent some time creating alternate loadout sections for the aircraft.cfg, so all I had to do was copy and paste based on the mission. I would pay extra for a simple loadout manager popup for us non-Tackpack fliers.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    The Virtavia A4 was (is) one of my favorites so this updated version is going to be very much appreciated, even if it is a two seater.
    My thoughts exactly. Have been hoping for a nice two-seater for a long time.
    The images I've seen here and/or on facebook tell me the two will visually compliment each other well.
    I'm very excited about this project from Dino.

I don't know for the other members, but for me, the single-seater is the only one I would be interested in.
    Perhaps, you could consider making two packages with different prices, to compensate your additional modelling efforts ?
    The same .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post

If jet that first flew in 1954 is not vintage, can any jet be considered vintage?
    1954 ? Well, in fact I don't know much about that aircraft and I certainly didn't know it started so early ! I thought it was a bit more recent... Thanks for that info, definitely a vintage jet then

1954 ? Well, in fact I don't know much about that aircraft and I certainly didn't know it started so early ! I thought it was a bit more recent... Thanks for that info, definitely a vintage jet then
    here's a light read about the program...one of the most versatile and successful military aircraft designs in US Naval aviation to date..originally part of the nuclear arsenal...meant to be an expendable bomber as her primary mission.

https://www.historynet.com/arsenal-4-skyhawk.htm
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

@wombat666

Apart from your personal reasons, I can understand why having so many systems of an aicraft depending on Tacpack is less than desireable. I'll do what I can to keep my future projects as little dependent from it (or from other packages) as possible - although, thruth to be told, from a developer standpoint it is a wonderful expansion of the FSX:XML - it provides a number of military-related functionalities that are difficult to replicate otherwise.

Then, back on the A-4, currently the way loadouts are implemented is the same of my S-211/M-345 - that is, the loads are only cosmetic if Tacpack is not present, while they are functional (and with an impact on dynamics) if Tacpack is loaded. But that is just a preliminary implementation and may change.
    Personally I was disappointed in tacpack and when I had to re-buy it going to p3dv4 I declined to do so, so if you can find a way to change the load without using tacpack I would appreciate it.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Having a close look at an A-4L in the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA... I had the chance to visit the museum almost by chance during a business trip for my day job. Highly reccomended by the way.
    At present I cannot confirm my committement to a single seater project, but I will most likely do it as a separate project later on.
    TA-4J is my main focus right now - and the P3Dv4 version will be the baseline - then we'll move from there.
    I'll try my best to make the aircraft as less dependent on Tacpack as practical.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 56350797_2548572801822832_5051004049743151104_o.jpg  

Came across this thread recently. Dino's A-4 series has been released for P3D, so I'm wondering if we'll see it for FSX??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Came across this thread recently. Dino's A-4 series has been released for P3D, so I'm wondering if we'll see it for FSX??
    He talks about it in the P3D thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0