FS KBT Screenshot shows prop feathered?

Thread: FS KBT Screenshot shows prop feathered?

FS KBT Screenshot shows prop feathered?

This screenshot is from the FS KBT website: https://viperhiro.wordpress.com/2019...eller-spinner/

It clearly shows the prop is feathered, but how is this done with the model itself? Thanks, NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails propeller-spinner-was-corrected-to-the-proper-size..jpg  

Chief, I would assume by retarding the outside condition levers via the mouse? I don't have that model installed right now but from what I can recall it is the 4 levers in front of the throttles. What I also recall is that similarly to the Captain Sim C-130, the condition lever coding is a bit sensitive, meaning that with very little physical travel, they kill the engine and if you have the Auto-Feather armed, it should go straight into that condition.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pretty sure I have tried that, but will recheck, thanks. NC

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Chief, I would assume by retarding the outside condition levers via the mouse? I don't have that model installed right now but from what I can recall it is the 4 levers in front of the throttles. What I also recall is that similarly to the Captain Sim C-130, the condition lever coding is a bit sensitive, meaning that with very little physical travel, they kill the engine and if you have the Auto-Feather armed, it should go straight into that condition.

Bump.....No one has a solution? NC.

Years ago, when KBT initially released their great P-3C, I swear they had a video, showing the props feathered, and then unfeathered for startup of each engine.

Does the prop feather not work with the standard keystrokes for prop-feathering?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Does the prop feather not work with the standard keystrokes for prop-feathering?
    Tried it. Didn't work, but thanks for suggestion. I wouldn't have even started this thread, except for the screenshot that KBT had on their website, showing a prop actually feathered. So maybe it was a work in progress that never came to be. We may never know. NC

NC, have a look in the aircraft CFG and see if the "feathering available" section is set to 1 or 0. If it is 0 then change it to 1. Simple sounding but you'd be amazed just how many devs including some big ones can leave things like that undone.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    NC, have a look in the aircraft CFG and see if the "feathering available" section is set to 1 or 0. If it is 0 then change it to 1. Simple sounding but you'd be amazed just how many devs including some big ones can leave things like that undone.

Didn't check the aircraft.cfg file yet, but DID get the animation to work by HOLDING the Ctrl + F2 button to feather and HOLDING the Ctrl + F3 to unfeather. But doing so affects all four engines.

Am hoping there is a way to isolate each engine? Maybe with FSUIPC? I have had a registered copy for years, but no clue how to use it, if that would do it. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Didn't check the aircraft.cfg file yet, but DID get the animation to work by HOLDING the Ctrl + F2 button to feather and HOLDING the Ctrl + F3 to unfeather. But doing so affects all four engines.

Am hoping there is a way to isolate each engine? Maybe with FSUIPC? I have had a registered copy for years, but no clue how to use it, if that would do it. NC
    I've read this elsewhere, FSX SDK I think, but I found this online:

'As I was reading through the different articles I came upon a small section on pages 86 and 87 about prop management involving the very mission that brought my initial attention to feathering a prop in FSX. It turns out that the general key command for feathering a prop in FSX is to first select the engine (E + 1, 2, 3, or 4) then hit "CTL + F1."'

This doesn't seem to work with the version of the P-3C on my setup. But I'm imagining it's not up to date.

Found this, too, on using FSUIPC for controlling feathering https://forum.simflight.com/topic/53...e-idle-cutoff/

You can feather and unfeather each single propeller with the associated switches on the overhead panel.
    see here

and autofeather switch here

Thank you, thank you!!

I had looked at the NATOPS, and tried to locate those switches on the KBT model, but missed them. I had not looked far enough up! Cheers!!! Problem solved! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    You can feather and unfeather each single propeller with the associated switches on the overhead panel.
    see here

and autofeather switch here

Members who have read this thread: 0