Virtualcol releases ATR42 and 72 Series as FREEWARE

Thread: Virtualcol releases ATR42 and 72 Series as FREEWARE

Icon4 Virtualcol releases ATR42 and 72 Series as FREEWARE

Just a heads up for folks that like to fly turbo-tubes, Virtualcol has released their ATR 42 and ATR 72 series for FS9 and FSX as freeware, here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...0188488&page=3

BB686

EDIT: The title SHOULD SAY: ATR 42 and 72. Geezz...
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thanks for the Heads Up and the title should be correct now

The link in your post doesn't really work for me, but a simple search on ATR at Flightsim.com will lead to the models mentioned.

Cheers,
    Huub

hi
    down loaded , for me , doesn't want to fly, wont slow down once it does get up wont stop when you get it down then the engine wont stop. nice sound though and a realistic start up . looks nice .

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    hi
    down loaded , for me , doesn't want to fly, wont slow down once it does get up wont stop when you get it down then the engine wont stop. nice sound though and a realistic start up . looks nice .
    the smaller one was better I'lll try again tomorrow

I'm usually not a big fan of tubes, but I installed the ATR-42 manually, (didn't run the installer) and had a go with it. I didn't see any of the issues that you spoke of. But there are other planes that most folks can run seamlessly on their machines that I can't run on mine. So who knows...? You might try a manual install and see if that clears up the problem. Just a thought.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Since it is FSX native, I tried the -72 in P3D4.4, works fine.

Fairly accurate shaping, etc, and the engine control modeling features are welcome, since turbo shaft control in any FS is normally anyone's guess trying to do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    hi
    Do you mean that when you shut down an engine the prop keeps windmilling forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Do you mean that when you shut down an engine the prop keeps windmilling forever?
    hi
    I meant that the 72 wouldn't shut down , thanks for the reply .the 42 was a bit better ,I've deleted them both as the rewards for flying them are outweighed by my inability to get any thing out of them.
    cheers
    greycap

If the "discontinued products" list is any indication, you may look forward to more free stuff:

https://www.virtualcol.com/products....nk=oldproducts

is it just me or jhave there never been many repaints for the 42? theres tons on the install package but none 3rd part ones? just checked flightim.com and only one repaint for it

Members who have read this thread: 0