Kinda quiet lately

Thread: Kinda quiet lately

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Kinda quiet lately

Our X-plane thread has been quiet for a few days now so I thought I would throw this out there:

I’m thinking seriously of getting into vr. It’s been a while since the original product releases and I know the first ones had pretty low resolution. What are the recommendations for the current crop? Do you use hand controllers or keyboard commands? Is there any special programs for X-plane you have to run? I know there’s one for P3D.

just on another note, I fired up P3D last night, picked a favorite plane, took off and then closed the program. On my system P3D looks like a cartoon. I have a pretty powerful system and my sliders are mostly to the right and yes, I have lots of Orbz stuff installed. My thanks for X-pane. Just my nickels worth.

i removed P3D from my system for Xplane,meaning i prefer xplane.i have VR,i bought the oculus rift,and i can use it either way.just use the two hand thingies to operate everything in the cockpit as if i were sitting there,using my controllers with the headset on ,i had to feel around blindly to find everything.when i move,if i can get internet coverage,ill just use the VR soley because i wont have room.

Just on another note, I fired up P3D last night, picked a favorite plane, took off and then closed the program. On my system P3D looks like a cartoon. I have a pretty powerful system and my sliders are mostly to the right and yes, I have lots of Orbz stuff installed. My thanks for X-pane. Just my nickels worth.
    Same experience here. I dropped P3D for X-Plane and when I fly X-Plane I have a more realistic sensation of actually flying in the real world.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Look at the numbers of people viewing the boards people!

Apparently FSX is still King. P3D in all flavours comes next and then FS9. XP comes after that.

Anyway, I'm strictly P3Dv4.4 myself, not looking back at FSX and having tried XP, not even bothering anymore. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Just an observation.

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Apparently FSX is still King. P3D in all flavours comes next and then FS9. XP comes after that.

Anyway, I'm strictly P3Dv4.4 myself, not looking back at FSX and having tried XP, not even bothering anymore. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Just an observation.

Priller
    I am with ya, about P3D. XP looks quite nice, but my cash has been spent on P3D, and before that, FSX. Just can't keep shelling it out for yet another sim! NC

Blog Entries
    `heyyyyy, I'm still here .. I've just been preoccupied lately. I'm still flying X-Plane, but the way some of the autopilots dont work, i'm tempted to go back to p3d or fsx every now and then. My main focus though, is building a world as close to real as i can get, so i can go sightseeing and see things i've never haad an opportunity to see in my life.. yeahhh, i'm tilting at windmills, but it keeps me occupied and gives me a reason to fly my little cessna skymaster, as well as the business liner. I've pretty much decided not to go with VR as its just too expensive, and my old eyes just arent what they used to be any more. Just ordered a new joystick too; a saitek x-56 rhino. I'll have to come up with something to make sure the dog doesnt ruin it the way he ruined the last one. over all, life plods along. I respect the folks who still run p3d and fsx, but i just cant go back. For all of its error and bad airplane programming, xplane is still the best in my book.. Love you all..
    Pam-

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Just an observation.

Priller
    Indeed it is a matter of taste, but viewing the activity within SOH is hardly an indicator of how the top Sims play out across the Flight Sim Community. X-Plane lagged behind for several years during it's infancy, but with later versions of XP-10 and now X-Plane 11.34 I would be very surprised if X-Plane was any less than No.1. It is not surprising that X-Plane (within the SOH community) is seen as a dark horse.. .it's a completely different Sim and admittedly takes some getting used to as nothing works the same way. There are quite a few things I dislike about it from a scenery design standpoint but I've accepted those as mostly due to my limitations. Otherwise flying in X-Plane is far more realistic to me than either FSX or P3D. . .yes, a matter of taste.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I agree with everyone's point of view. Some people have lots of $$$ tied up in FSX/P3d and it is hard to throw that away on another sim. Just saying that even with some problems in XP I much prefer it to P3D. The amount of quality freeware is just amazing and the community, when you get past the fan boys, is great.

Just FTR, I prefer P3D4 and as new additions appear that's where they'll go.
    I keep P3D3 operational as most FSX addons seem to work rather well in 3D3 and Captain-Bloody-Sim have been really slow to update my favourite tubes......................
    Same goes for a few variations on FS9, many of the old 'Vintage' addons only work here and I do like GW3.
    As for VR, I (personally) could care less, I refuse to consider anything less than RL.
    X-Plane is under consideration but I have too much going on in RL to spend time with another sim.
    As always, whatever floats yer boat is in order.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    I still fly FSX, and X-Plane 10 because of the limitations of my old machine and no money to buy new. At this age it is a matter of priorities. I still get to fly X-Plane 11 and P3D4 when I build a unit for someone else. I guess I just love the flight sims period. I do have XP 10 looking so much like XP-11 from a scenery standpoint that I am satisfied. Having had a license and co-owned a Cessna 140 and 152 I think XP is more realistic but I still love my old FSX and guess I will never get rid of it. I agree with Falcon it really is just a matter of taste. One person's poison is another person's apple pie.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Members who have read this thread: 0