Argyle International

Thread: Argyle International

Argyle International

I started a thread on this earlier but removed it almost immediately when I found three different payware products and several freeware. I went with one from JustFlight and at first glance the Island and the Airport Scenery were excellent. The problem came when I started to move around a bit with TrackIR and it got worse when I actually decided to do some sightseeing (6-7 sec. pauses and constant stuttering with fps from the teens to single digits). I have started a support ticket to see what can be done (I suspect very little), but it may end in a refund.

My system isn't top of the heap, but I do have payware scenery for the Genadines and those give me 30+fps and no stuttering at all. I'd like to keep this scenery. . .just have to wait and see.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Many a FS project has been started because some one was dissatisfied with something and decided to re-do it to their own liking.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Many a FS project has been started because some one was dissatisfied with something and decided to re-do it to their own liking.
    Oddly enough Willy, this scenery apparently needed a "Break-In" period in order to work correctly. I went back with the default Ultralight and started flying around the parking ramp and terminal building. . .up and down the rwy, back and forth and up and down for about 5 minutes, most of it fighting the stuttering and pauses. At the end of that time, the fps was back at 35 to 40 and the hiccups were gone.

So I headed out to check the rest of the Island which is heavily autogened. The poor fps was back. . .so I continued to fly around every nook and cranny, over every hill and down along the coastline and back again. After a similar amount of time, everything had smoothed out and from that point on. . .not another stutter or pause.

Weird!

Current System Specs:

Which payware Grenadines scenery do you have Ed? Like flying around there and quite surprised that Orbx does not seem interested in doing it as one of their regional sceneries. NB: I have Open LC for NA which covers the Caribbean and looks pretty good but the airports could be a lot better.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Fly Tampa does a very good one.

Cheers chris

Yes, but not clear it is (yet) fully compatible with P3D4 which I use now exclusively.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Which payware Grenadines scenery do you have Ed? Like flying around there and quite surprised that Orbx does not seem interested in doing it as one of their regional sceneries. NB: I have Open LC for NA which covers the Caribbean and looks pretty good but the airports could be a lot better.
    The Grenadines Scenery I purchased from FlyTampa. . .excellent! The Argyle International Scenery is JustFlight's St Vincent package and only covers that Island. The Grenadine Scenery has 5 airports. . .One on each of the Islands in the Grenadine group.

Current System Specs:

FSDG do St Vincent and St Lucia and very good they are too.

You can buy them as a bundle deal.

Has anyone tried the Fly Tampa Grenadines in P3D4? Their forum is a bit ambiguous about this but there may be a work around involving the autogen?

Has anyone tried the Fly Tampa Grenadines in P3D4? Their forum is a bit ambiguous about this but there may be a work around involving the autogen?
    Took awhile as I had to reinstall P3D_V4.4

What I found was that most everything displays just fine, but there isn't a stitch of Autogen. There are trees and shrubs close in to the rwy and Terminals, but they are scenery objects not true seasonal autogen. I have tried everything within my limited knowledge of how to get it to show, but it all hinges on the "Autogen_Editor" which comes with the scenery. I moved a copy of everything over to P3D, had the paths corrected to show the current locations then ran the editor but the area remains autogen free. The agn files are there in the texture folder but getting them to display seems to be the hitch. I'll keep trying but I don't have many other options unless someone has a clue!

On their site, this package is listed as "Legacy" and only shows FSX as the option for installation. Most times there's still a way to get these things to work, but this may not be one of them.

Current System Specs:

Falcon, very grateful for your taking the trouble to investigate this - thanks. Found this discussion on the Fly Tampa Forum which might resolve this?

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewto...p?f=16&t=10165

Falcon, very grateful for your taking the trouble to investigate this - thanks. Found this discussion on the Fly Tampa Forum which might resolve this?

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewto...p?f=16&t=10165
    In my aging mental state I found the fix (there were at least two) a bit confusing. I went with simply changing the Code-R to Code-H which works as you can see in the screen shot. However once you close the sim that setting reverts back to the original. The other, longer fix which is supposedly more semi-permanent, was a bit ambiguous, it didn't say if that long section replaced everything from Code-R section down or if it only replaced a particular section.

I made a copy of the default xml file so I can drop it back in to overwrite the one that's in there if I decide to visit that area again. I see another problem, but no clue why. Look at the picture. . .notice the floating lines along the edge of the hills?. . .they appear to be floating ground poly's. . .poly areas that should be laying on the terrain. . .instead they're floating above it. I ran the FTX Central Global Vector AEC utility and it was "enabled" so I moved that over to "disabled". . .no difference.

Anyway, it appears that the fixes do work in varying degrees.

Current System Specs:

Thanks Falcon. Very helpful. Nice looking scenery. I may hold off until Fly Tampa update it (if they do). Cheers!

Just another thought Falcon: if you're using Vector as well as OpenLC NA, there are a number of special correction .bgl's for many of the airports in the Caribbean, including those in the Grenadines, located in the FTX_Vector_FixedAPT folder. If you have those, maybe setting them to off might fix some of the problems as well.

I had to set some to off after installing Gregory Goodwin's new Bahamas Scenery to stop pieces of default scenery poking through.

-RobM

Thanks Falcon. Very helpful. Nice looking scenery. I may hold off until Fly Tampa update it (if they do). Cheers!
    Interestingly enough, the actual installer says FSX-P3D even though the website refers to it as just FSX.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 0