Flyinside

Thread: Flyinside

Flyinside

Hi,

Anyone successfully using Flyinside with P3D v4.4? I was using it for a while but lately it has been causing a p3d crash at the beginning of a scenario load. Not sure what changed but I have switched over to native vr until it gets sorted out.

Thanks,
    LouP

Hi,

Do you use TacPack? If so, I think you need to disable the TacPack experimental display options. I just rediscovered this issue last night with FlyInside for P3Dv3.

FlyInside is also incompatible with PTA.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Hi Scott,

Thanks for replying. I do not use Tac Pac but have tons of other addons. Not sure what PTA is. It was working fine and it just became unstable all of a sudden without me doing anything to cause it. I would say it crashes after loading up a flight about 80 percent of the time. Really frustrating because you wait for the sim to load up and then the screen goes black followed by a crash of the sim. I have a buddy and the same thing is happening with him. I don't remember this issue with the prior version of flyinside and I see a lot of folks complaining about the same thing online. I moved on to native vr but miss some of the options that come with flyinside. I wonder if all their efforts are with their simulator now. :-(

LouP

Hi Lou,

I would suggest an uninstall of FlyInside, and clear out all the files it creates, such as the Flyinside.cfg file. You should find info on how to do a complete uninstall on their website. Then make sure you have the latest version. I just discovered last night that I didn't have the latest version for P3DV3, and all the versions have received updates quite recently.

Also post on their forum if you are still having issues. Dan (the developer) and Tony are usually very helpful.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 0