David Copley's updated P-38 models uploaded
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Copley's updated P-38 models uploaded

DCC P-38J pack conversion for CFS2 posted

DCC P-38J_Lightning

David Copley was kind enough to give me permission to convert his P-38 series from FS2004 to CFS2. Please read the DCC permission document.

The models and sounds are all his credits. I only converted the models to a CFS2 format.

The aircraft.cfg and air files are also David's work with some slight tweaks to adapt them for CFS2.

Because CFS2 does not use the alpha channel reflectivity feature of FS2004, I reworked the original aircraft textures for CFS2 to hopefully have them appear largely as David intended them to look in FS2004 (plus a couple of changes to give the pilot a leather helmet, some dirty wheels etc.)

The prop texture was replaced with one by Morton which works better for CFS2.

The panel was replaced with one by Morton. The panel.cfg VC section was modified to match David's VC models.

See the original FS2004 documents for additional credits.

The dp is my work.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

DCC P-38L pack conversion for CFS2 posted

DCC P-38L Lightning

David Copley was kind enough to give me permission to convert his P-38 series from FS2004 to CFS2. Please read the DCC permission document.

The models and sounds are all his credits. I only converted the models to a CFS2 format.

The aircraft.cfg and air files are also David's work with some slight tweaks to adapt them for CFS2.

Because CFS2 does not use the alpha channel reflectivity feature of FS2004, I reworked the original aircraft textures for CFS2 to hopefully have them appear largely as David intended them to look in FS2004 (plus a couple of changes to give the pilot a leather helmet, some dirty wheels etc.)

The panel was replaced with one by Morton. The panel.cfg VC section was modified to match David's VC models.

The dp is my work.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

DCC P-38M Night Lightning conversion for CFS2 posted

DCC P-38M Night Lightning

The dp is my work.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

DCC F-5E-2 Photo Lightning pack conversion for CFS2 posted

DCC F-5E-2 Photo Lightning

The dp is my work.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Oh man! Beautiful work! Thank you sir.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

DCC P-38J Lightning.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: DCC P-38J_Lightning

The dp is my work.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DCC P-38J Lightning.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

DCC P-38L Lightning.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: DCC P-38L Lightning

The dp is my work.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DCC P-38L Lightning.zip

DCC P-38M Night Lightning.zip

Description: DCC P-38M Night Lightning

The dp is my work.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DCC P-38M Night Lightning.zip

DCC F-5E-2 Photo Lightning.zip

Description: DCC F-5E-2 Photo Lightning

The dp is my work.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DCC F-5E-2 Photo Lightning.zip

Thanks so much for this. I really wanted a good P-38L.

Bummer. I'm getting CTD when trying from QC.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Captain Kurt,

Thanks very much for the wonderful P-38J, L, M and F-5E!

I got them downloaded. Will get them installed later this evening and take a few screeenies!

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

As promised!

Thanks
    again CK!

MR

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Lovely work on the P38's there CK...

Really like this NL...

Many thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

Icon22

Just a few more.

Mice looking little rigs, eh?

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by e.a.wicklund View Post
    Bummer. I'm getting CTD when trying from QC.
    Any ideas guys? There was a .cab file in the gauges. Could that cause my CTD?

Thank you Capt!

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Icon22 Reply...

Captain Kurt,

You did a very nice job with this, well done!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Question Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by e.a.wicklund View Post
    Any ideas guys? There was a .cab file in the gauges. Could that cause my CTD?
    Eric,

I'm wondering if there might be a light states issue with the model conversion?
    "Rami"

Question Reply...

Captain Kurt,

These are beautiful models...do your .air and .cfg files fix the AI pacing issues in the original DCC P-38J conversion by Morton?
    "Rami"

Hi Captain
    Great work with these.
    Echoeing Shessi's comment about the NL, looks sensational.
    Thanks
    Stuart

Hi Guys,

I checked for crash checks and light states with a hex editor. They all came out clean. So I don't think that could be it.

Ps, The cab gauge file is only for the record - it's what was used with the panel in FS2004.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Beautiful screen shots MR, thanks.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Nice convert!!!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Rami,

More information please - that's an issue I had not encountered. The cfg and air files are DCC's work. I only tweaked them to make them work in CFS2 - i.e. removing FS2004 commands that either don't work or are not relevant in CFS2. DCC said he spent a lot of time matching the air files performance to the real aircraft and therefore should be pretty good.

I haven't tested them extensively. Once I got them working in CFS2, I stopped removing code. Test them out and if you spot a problem, let me know. I have a totally different P-38J set that I developed for the 82nd FG campaign that I can fit to the model and release to replace if necessary.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Members who have read this thread: 1