Time to Cease and Desist!

Thread: Time to Cease and Desist!

Time to Cease and Desist!

In order to keep this observation clear of another on-going thread, I simply wanted to point out that acting like a "Mother Hen" scolding her young is not needed, appropriate or expected from a close knit community such as this. We have a good friend and contributor who has had to come to grips with an unfortunate incident and who, with the help of friends and members is working through that problem. We are all behind him and will give whatever encouragement or support is needed to hopefully allow him to have the best possible outcome.

"I told you so" posts are out of line. . .no other way to put it. If you are going to post something in that thread, then take the time to "read" the thread, don't just look at the title of the thread and decide to throw your 2-cents on top of the pile. Read what has transpired, find out what Gordon and others are doing to help. . .DO NOT assume you know everything about his situation and the progress he is making and then puff up your chest and tell him what he should have done. Arm-chair experts do not have a place in this or any other thread. . .we've been through those in the past and many are no longer here. We need good people who care about the community and care . . .genuinely care about it's members.

So drop the attitude. If you have something to add to the conversation. . .a suggestion that might shed new light on the matter at hand or a helpful hint. . .make it but leave the attitude at the door.

Thanks!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Well put Falcon. You expect a certain degree of civility and it never ceases to surprise me, attitude substituted for brains and empathy. Stuff ups we have all been there and done that in varying degrees. We also need to come to grips with the fundamental problem that software folk don't think of everything or have not taken into account other variables and hence fail to provide clear and unequivocal guidance to users. When one of the community shares those issues and experiences and in a way which is cooperative and unblemished, we all learn. Pig parent syndrome has no place in safety or engineering.

needed to be said - unfortunately...

hopefully folks will just let it all settle now. Good on you Falcon , for this well rendered reminder to just be cool and whatnot
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Like one of the founders here used to say. Let being helpful be more important than being right.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Like one of the founders here used to say. Let being helpful be more important than being right.
    Yep. That used top be at the top of the page. It was always a good reminder.

Very well said, Falcon. I was thinking the same thing for the past couple days when I saw Gordon taking hits from some other posters.

Absolutely!!! We all make mistakes and once recognized, admonition and insult is not constructive. Something that was told to me a very long time ago and has stuck with me ever since; when you point your finger at someone, you have three fingers pointing back at you. We should not berate, but we should uplift.

By the way, I should know about mistakes. You would not believe the mistakes I have made and continue to make.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Maybe we should put that slogan back at the top where it was... Just a thought. I have read the thread by the chap in question and initially, I didn't post a reply because I'm not an active member of this forum. But I will say this, that person has had nothing but good things, and kind words to say, to me as well as everyone I know here. I sincerely hope that he gets it all sorted and... I agree with Falcon... enough said.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

The Trials Of Job

I believe that almost everyone knows the story of Job from the Bible. Instead of helping or consoling all Job's friends did was criticize and offer no help. Kinda like a few folks mentioned here? Thank you Falcon for a needed post.

I pray that Gordon get's it all straightened out. He has helped me out a lot in the past as have you, thank you Falcon.

Well said!

Thanks Ed, this thread is appropriate for any caustic criticism at any time by anyone. Much appreciated.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hey Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Yep. That used top be at the top of the page. It was always a good reminder.
    It's still there... Forum Index page

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Members who have read this thread: 0