Guess the airbase
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess the airbase

Guess the airbase

Not too hard I guess, the bird hiding in its nest is a strong giveaway:

Being on the team developing this I won't divulge the identity but I will say this is a fantastic addition to our hobby. Testing and flying it is a real pleasure. No doubt Dimus will keep us at SOH updated on the development. You have something great to look forward to.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Area 51?? Just a guess!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Beale AFB in California?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Beale AFB in California?
    Correct! Told you it was easy!

Testing the SR-71A for Milviz, I thought that it needed a descent home and Colin agreed. Still WIP, but will be available from Milviz (payware) when ready. So far P3D only as I have included several features that FSX does not support (dynamic lighs, bumps/specs for GPs and others). It will include both Blackbird era and current versions.

I'll post some more WIP shots later.

Tom, thanks for the kind words!

Day and night overall view from south:

Blackbird filth:

U-2 hangars and tower:

More hangarage and some details:

That looks great, and considering it's a base I use often, this will be most welcome.

KBAB....Oh yeah!

Kent

Very very cool! There is definitely a lack of quality airbases in P3D (for somewhat obvious reasons) so when a good one comes along it is a great thing, especially for military flyers like (almost?) everyone on this site.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Nice job!!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Don't forget the period control tower

Looks great.
    Thanks for that!

Actually I have seen that tower vaguely in some pics but I don’t have any close ones. Do you happen to have any info or a lead?

I have only modeled the modern one so far.

Excellent!!!

Thank you so much! Due credit will certainly be given. I was searching for ages for some pics of that tower. Now it is definitely going into the scenery.

I have seen these pics of how the hangars were originally. I will stay with the cream ones I intend to depict a period just before the Blackbird's retirement, to be as much as possible compatible with the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Excellent!!!

Thank you so much! Due credit will certainly be given. I was searching for ages for some pics of that tower. Now it is definitely going into the scenery.

I have seen these pics of how the hangars were originally. I will stay with the cream ones I intend to depict a period just before the Blackbird's retirement, to be as much as possible compatible with the current version.
    The older tower had a 9th SRW emblem on it too. Will see if I can locate a photo of that.

The older tower had a 9th SRW emblem on it too. Will see if I can locate a photo of that.
    Here you go, this was days/weeks before retirement.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C769EAF6-BE0A-4262-B22D-9BC3A54D3020.jpg   CC0B4A46-9AF3-4AAE-8861-72A064B6EC1E.jpg  

Wow! Can't thank you enough! This is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Wow! Can't thank you enough! This is fantastic!
    Welcome.

I am a bit of a Blackbird fan as you can probably tell from my website

My years of making SRs for FS is probably over now, but the Milviz model is a worthy successor.

will it be compatible with FSX or just P3D?

As there won't be any more new products by Milviz for FSX, the Blackbird will follow suit and be P3D 4.4+ only. The same most probably will be the case for this scenery, although so far it works well also in v3.5.

I must admit I have not yet tried any of your Blackbirds. They do look awesome!

those hangers that are mid-field and out on the ramp,my family would always sit out there to see the airshows,er open houses. and those fields out there?..spend time on fires out there several times,the entire area is known as the "thermal lands",hot and arid,with an almost constant wind...lots of grass fires.

Thanks to centuryseries there is now a period tower in the scenery:

Absolutely beautiful! NC

I can report to you all that the Blackbird is coming along. Dimus and I have been wondering whether his KBAB or the airplane would get released first

We're still a ways from the Habu's release though. The gear in the RSO seat is quite challenging to code. But we're doing it all. Not 90% of the SR-71's systems, but all of it.

It's a massive project but when it's done it will be worth it. You'll get the full experience of flying this beast. And it can be a beast!

Great job, Dimus and team.

Dutch

Thanks Dutch!

The full experience was the reason for making this base. Like starting in the hangar for a night sortie:

Don't know if any of you have noticed the spilled fuel.

Members who have read this thread: 0